Major 2nd: Second Season

Watched two episodes so far - it's nicely done and I'm enjoying it. It's a different and self contained storyline so you don't really need to have watched s1 to know whats going on (I didn't) - they introduce all the characters. I'm not a huge fan of the massive glare around the corner of the frame they stick on almost every shot though. I guess it's meant to be like sunlight causing film overexposure?

Episode 25 and overall thoughts:
What can I say, this season is definitely better than the last season. Right from the beginning Daigo was driven towards being successful at baseball, excluding the angst he had in the previous season. And I've got to say he did pretty well, given the fact that his teammates didn't have a lot of experience. And they also didn't have a coach which was interesting. The author also has a weird sense of humor, regarding Sawa and those dead balls. But it made me laugh, so it worked out rather well.

However, Hikaru did make his reappearance in the season rather late, and I think it was more towards reminding Daigo of his mistakes and failures. But I'm glad that didn't stop him, cause he has his father and teammates to support him.

And from what I can tell, it looks like the author is really going to keep female baseball players in the story right now. So I know @Gens and other sport anime fans will like that. Can't wait to see where the next season will go from here, cause the author is definitely building up to something epic. Though I kind of figured that out with the 2nd ending song.
The 2nd season is kind of like an introduction season, like with season one of Major 2nd. So the story isn't quite there yet, but I can say I'm looking forward to it. 3.5/5.

Back