SAKUGAN

7ZIpUab.jpg

The previously titled series; Sakugan Labyrinth Marker of Project Anima has been announced as the titled series, Sacks&Guns!!

Source: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...a-anime-sacks-guns-reveals-staff-cast/.149626

PV

=================

Some CGI, some decent 2D. I can't decipher what the plot is, which isn't a good thing.

01:
Kinda reminds me of Deca-Dence a tiny bit. Anyways, not that bad for the first episode and I really like that the protagonists are a father and a daughter.

Episode 1.
...Memepu? That's gonna be hard to take seriously.
Also, did we have to kill the cute girl? Talk about a waste.

The first episode was really well written and the visuals look really cool. I am hoping that this series will continue to get better episode by episode.

why they gotta build up this relationship with memepu and Lynda and then just *boom* shes dead. Holy shit that was not what i expected going in but i want more.

Really going to miss the dynamic between the two girls though.

Not gonna lie, thought this title said socks and guns first. Then I was like this is the perfect anime for Mistliigh.
I was about to say how you brought this old joke back without tagging me... but now I see it was two years ago when that joke wasn't so old O-o
==============================================

Episode 1:
So, from the trailers, I was getting some Deca-Dence vibes, but also some Listeners vibes... so suffice to say I wasn't sure if this was going to be any good or not.

After one episode, I'm gonna say I'm feeling a lot more of that Deca-Dence, and that has me optimistic.

I think the show got an audible "oh shit" out of me when Lynda was smiling and then suddenly started that death-splosion white-out... I knew shit was about to go sideways but damn, still managed to catch me off guard there.

Episode 1:

Solid first episode. I think it did a good job of hooking you in with its premise and cool visuals and it's so rare to see Hiroki Touchi be this expressive. He usually does the strong but silent-type roles. I'm expecting some good father-daughter dynamics so I hope this won't disappoint.

I like the world that they are in, the father daughter combo. The art is quite nice, the dynamic between dad and kid is also great, little over the top but in a good way. I can see the similarities between Deca-Dence and this though.

Welp, this is definitely going to make me cry. Dad stuff always gets me. And this is already wildly entertaining, such expressive animation and characters from statelight again. I am all in for this adventure, it is pretty similar to deca dence with its energy at least.
I was mostly impressed with the comical animation of the CGI mech, and how its movements were also used for comedy and exaggerated. Always nice to see CGI used well in anime.

The Kaiju was... okay.

Also the music is kick ass. And the setting, with that big lit up city underground, so cool.

That was brutal when linda and her dad died. Jeez. I'm gonna go ahead and say papa here is more than a little warrented with his apprehension to let her be a marker. Well, you know what they say, Yolo swag or whatever. Lets GO

Episode 2:
This continues to be fun. This episode was just pure non-stop action. I love how nimble the mech is and it even transforms into a tank! That's just fucking rad. You just can't go wrong with a good old-fashioned kaiju vs mecha tussle. The whole sequence got me all giddy like a kid.

The banter between father and daughter still manages to be entertaining but as a Filipino it is kinda distracting to keep hearing the dad's name being pronounced like the Tagalog word for spider lol.

This is pure gold. I really love how that duo works: the father is ‘the muscle’ and the daughter is ‘the brain’ of it. Although, they argue a lot and they barely made it out alive, they cannot hide how much they love and care for each other. After all, they do not have anyone else left in their world for them.

I'm just gonna say, the soundtrack is the MVP. Right ahead of whoever decided to make the CGI snappy enough, that one can say the mechs actually feel almost like living things.

You go, Bleach insert song soundalike singer in the background. You sing your soul out.

I love these two. And I further love how this episode was almost entirely all action, from beginning to end, and damn well paced and well choreographed action too, while including the personalities of the characters. Can't really ask for more.

Episode 2.
Ego level: Having your own computer call you a genius. Not exactly the humble type, is she? Though that little trick of sending the monsters down the big ass hole like that was pretty slick.

Also, I kind of wish they called the show Big Tony now.
They should have called it Big Tony's Sack and Gun.

Wait... no. Nevermind. That's a terrible idea.

Back