Attack on Titan The Final Season

Huh... I was under the impression that the manga was still ongoing with a lot of material left to cover... But I guess it must not have as much left as I thought, and be close to finishing at least...

Huh... I was under the impression that the manga was still ongoing with a lot of material left to cover... But I guess it must not have as much left as I thought, and be close to finishing at least...
FWIW the manga has 28 volumes out and the anime's already covered up to vol 23. On top of that, Isayama's said that the manga's probably gonna be finished in a year or two... but he's said that before, lol. All we know is that the manga's currently in its final arc.

I'm fucking HYPED. I just hope it's 2-cours, there's definitely enough material already for 1-cours easily. I guess they could cut out some of the flashbacks and the political talk but still...

Also I blame the Olympics as to why it's not airing in summer 2020 but oh well.

I don't think the show will end in Q1 2021, though. I think it'll be a similar case to Season 3, where they split production in two halves and there was a gap of almost a year between Parts I and II. That will help to keep the quality high and, more importantly, to let the source material end with no rush. The manga is totally in its endgame at the moment, but due to the monthly schedule I could see it running for one more year, counting from now.

Regardless of how they go about it, I'm glad this is getting done, but I sure hope a good studio will pick it up and make the transition from WIT as seamless as possible. Attack on Titan joining the epidemic of this medium's unfinished adaptations would be the worst, but production of its final season dropping the ball would be almost as bad.

I don't think the show will end in Q1 2021, though. I think it'll be a similar case to Season 3, where they split production in two halves and there was a gap of almost a year between Parts I and II. That will help to keep the quality high and, more importantly, to let the source material end with no rush. The manga is totally in its endgame at the moment, but due to the monthly schedule I could see it running for one more year, counting from now.

Regardless of how they go about it, I'm glad this is getting done, but I sure hope a good studio will pick it up and make the transition from WIT as seamless as possible. Attack on Titan joining the epidemic of this medium's unfinished adaptations would be the worst, but production of its final season dropping the ball would be almost as bad.
I think that too, since this is gonna be a longgg season!

Well, at least this gives me an excuse to catch up to the manga. And the anime. I'll get around to both, eventually. If I can remember where I last stopped reading the manga...

They've practically replaced all of the staff; Hiroyuki Sawano is staying to compose the music (alongside Kohta Yamamoto, who is joining Sawano after having worked with him on this season's Kingdom 3), and Hiroshi Seko, a scriptwriter who worked with previous AoT writer Yasuko Kobayashi, is now in charge of writing the series. Directors, character designs, and chief animation direction are being done by a whole other group-- oh and MAPPA is doing it.
Fuck.

They've practically replaced all of the staff; Hiroyuki Sawano is staying to compose the music (alongside Kohta Yamamoto, who is joining Sawano after having worked with him on this season's Kingdom 3), and Hiroshi Seko, a scriptwriter who worked with previous AoT writer Yasuko Kobayashi, is now in charge of writing the series. Directors, character designs, and chief animation direction are being done by a whole other group-- oh and MAPPA is doing it.
Fuck.
Could not tell that any of what you said was true by looking. Seems alright to me.

Back