Vlad Love

Although Japan has gone a lot of directions with the vampire genre to say the least. As long as the series doesn't have any half-naked, under-aged vampire girls, then I think I'm good with giving the show at least a try.

this is the best anime I've ever seen
the animation: amazing
the into song: top tier
the characters: adorable
chef hands all around

For anyone who is wondering why this random show by a random studio is looking very arthouse-y, the series was produced through a single investor (Comic Animation, the subsidiary to Ichigo Animation), and they opted to not have a production committee, thus giving directors Oshii and Nishimura full control to do whatever they want however they want to.
This is different from studios like SHAFT and Kyoto Animation that are usually part of the production committees themselves, thereby allowing them similar creative freedoms.

Eh, might as well. I'm in the mood for something weird and gay. Btw 2.5 star rating on the site overall. That in itself tells me that this could be the usual "this is too different from the norm" kinda deal, because I heard only good stuff about it so far, so hopefully that'll be the case. Also the big boobed individual that I hate from the character design alone is voiced by Romi Park, so now I'm conflicted, dammit.

Yep. It's weird. It's gay as all hell. And I mean GENUINELY gay, not appealing to male viewers-groping each other gay. And whether you end up liking the show or not, you gave to give it props for being the most original GL with the most original setting, plot, and characters in... Forever? I don't even mind the character design of the two main girls. I was worried they'd look and act like babies again, but it's actually fine. The MC is absolutely superb, and I love her. Please, let this last.

The same creator made Angel's Egg so it might be pretty good. The first episode was cute and I really liked the backgrounds and animation. I hope they keep making new episodes.

So what happened to this one? Did they use up all their budget on the panoramic city shot at the beginning and are now on an indefinite hiatus?
Thoroughly enjoyed the 1st episode, with its out-of-left-field humor and stylish presentation. I demand continuation!
No, the rest of the series is premiering in February; the special release of the first episode that came out wasn't originally planned.

Ep 2: The animations and directing are absolutely fenomenal but wow the pacing is so slow. That ep should have lasted 10 min not 24.

Back