Val x Love

Remembers Masou Gakuen HxH

unknown.png

I will be watching this since I got the short straw in the anime lottery game. So here goes, episode 1
As customary for ecchi anime, every guy minus the protagonist in the school is an unsatiable horndog. The guy jumping out the window made me laugh tho. Also as is customary, the protag is some fugly no one, no one wants to have to do anything with; except for the prettiest and most popular girls in school, who harbor secret feelings for him.

Major spoiler alert for High Score Girl. It seems that the protag is Haruo all grown up. Guess it didn't work out with Oono.

Or does every little Japanese boy look like this?

Same.

10 minutes in, they're really not holding back on the ecchi aren't they? 9 women, that's quite the ambitious harem.

What the hell are they in grade school or something? "You must hold hands and go shopping together."

Okay but did you have to go naked for a kiss? It seems Norway is in dire need of sex ed. And here I thought we were good with that in Europe.

Wait really all of them? Wow a harem anime actually aspiring to have a harem!

I will be watching this since I got the short straw in the anime lottery game. So here goes, episode 1

What the hell are they in grade school or something? "You must hold hands and go shopping together."
B-But that's the lewdest thing people could ever do! :laugh:

Okay but did you have to go naked for a kiss? It seems Norway is in dire need of sex ed. And here I thought we were good with that in Europe.

Or she just tried to clear all bases at once XD

Trying this one because the cover looked nice.

Walk in! (I wasn't expecting the dude to be the main character)

g9SjG2m.jpg

YES!

:-o
Hot!

Does this qualify as magical-girl?

Nice hat.

I had a headache watching this, it got worse. Anywho on to the episode, no screenshots cause I'm lazy.
  • Something I really hate in anime is when a character with anxiety is hit as if that will help them snap out of it. Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit.
  • Which school faculty will call you to the AV room to scold you for your bad grades? Seriously dude?
    2XT3h.jpg
  • Great. Too short bangs has a daddy complex. Not surprised tbh, I think this show aspires to cram all cliches in one.
  • Alright though, the scene where too short bangs kept failing actually amused me.
  • Wouldn't be an ecchi without a girls chatting merrily in their undies in the girls locker room!
  • You can kiss without taking all your clothes off! Good for you.
  • The pseudo-tentacle rape. Can't have that missing out.
  • Of course the bad guy is infiltrating a Japanese high school too.

If I give this show credit for anything it does social anxiety pretty well. The way the MC clenches up every time is a familiar feeling for anyone that's suffered from social anxiety. They go over the top with it to try to be comedic when it's not that funny, but compared to the rest of the horseshit that goes on in the episode it's not a horribly written dumpster fire full of used diapers.

It's trying... But we'll see how much of the ecchi forcing I can take.

Also, for all the horrible things people see, this is kind of a Toradora-like issue. He doesn't look that scary to me, but why does everyone else think he's the ugliest thing ever?

Fuck me, I actually had some fun with this. My plan to shit on this backfired on me completely. Instead, I'm slowly finding myself getting sucked into this weirdo world with Valkyries posing as Japanese high school students and the one guy in the world who's resistant to their advances. I thought I'd be annoyed with this big ugly bro, but no, I'm actually sympathizing with his stupid ugly mug, like yeah, bro, I can dig it, you just want to be a fucking nerd your whole life. And you know what? That's fine! You do you. The Valkyries aren't so bad, either. I'm so weird for liking how lewd this thing gets, only for stupid emotions to get in the way for everybody, so they settle for something tamer like holding hands and dreaming of their tied-up fathers. I'm convinced the actual master race is the Japanese high school girl and not the straight white man. These teenagers have no idea how much power they wield - it's obvious, because of all the possible races these Valkyrie could get reborn as, they go with the Japanese high school girl. And Brunhilde, who is she? She's cool, I think I like her already. And that ending song? A bop. I was actually tapping my fingers to it, that's how much I liked it. This is how I know I'm getting old. My journey to becoming a dirty old man starts here. Thanks for standing witness and don't forget to pour one out for Yamada on your way out. Yamada, my bro, maybe you should stop sitting so close to the windows next time.

Fuck me, I actually had some fun with this. My plan to shit on this backfired on me completely. Instead, I'm slowly finding myself getting sucked into this weirdo world with Valkyries posing as Japanese high school students and the one guy in the world who's resistant to their advances. I thought I'd be annoyed with this big ugly bro, but no, I'm actually sympathizing with his stupid ugly mug, like yeah, bro, I can dig it, you just want to be a fucking nerd your whole life. And you know what? That's fine! You do you. The Valkyries aren't so bad, either. I'm so weird for liking how lewd this thing gets, only for stupid emotions to get in the way for everybody, so they settle for something tamer like holding hands and dreaming of their tied-up fathers. I'm convinced the actual master race is the Japanese high school girl and not the straight white man. These teenagers have no idea how much power they wield - it's obvious, because of all the possible races these Valkyrie could get reborn as, they go with the Japanese high school girl. And Brunhilde, who is she? She's cool, I think I like her already. And that ending song? A bop. I was actually tapping my fingers to it, that's how much I liked it. This is how I know I'm getting old. My journey to becoming a dirty old man starts here. Thanks for standing witness and don't forget to pour one out for Yamada on your way out. Yamada, my bro, maybe you should stop sitting so close to the windows next time.
Hey you are entitled to like whatever the hell you like man. I'm taking the piss on this one since ecchi and harem are my least favorite genres, saying that, this isn't the worst I've seen. A few scenes actually made me chortle.

Back