Kono Oto Tomare!

Ep1:
vf5mQa5.png

Says the guy who acted like a fucking asshole for 2 days.

Then there are cheesy bullies straight from the 90s. Evil teacher who try to get a misunderstood student expelled and housewives who are badmouthing a kid in hearing-distance. The melodrama is so ham-fisted that it was painful to watch. I really hope it just gets better next episode, because the ex-thug is somewhat interesting.

Tl;dr: 100% melodrama, 0% koto playing.

had no clue what I was wondering into with this one, it's turning into one of those weird seasons for me where I'm literally starting every series I can get my paws on. found this one over on Hulu as well, not bad to be honest with you. it's actually sort of interesting how everywhere seems to struggle with trying to keep traditional things alive in the modern era/world. nice art work that's for sure.

Episode 1
A nice episode and introduction to the anime. The glasses MC is kind of annoying, but this series seems like it will have a lot of character development - especially since it already has a second season. I like most music anime, though, so I hope this one will be exceptional. And I really hope the romance(?) doesn't turn too soapy or melodramatic

Ep.1
Don't like the MC's mentality: How can a so called delinquent be interested in Koto?
^reminded me of the clockwork orange? The delinquent guy who liked Beethoven.

Not to mention, the teachers at this school suck :o

Also, I'm only hearing bits of Koto here and there in the bgm. I do hope there would be more from next episode :/

I feel like the OP song doesn't suit this show.

Last edited:
Ep2:
Dropped. I don't like a single one of these characters so far. We got a minute of koto playing and it was underwhelming.
I don't drop anything, so I'll still watch to the end just to complete it, but yeah, these characters are still beating the shit out of the cliche dead horse and aren't very good. Very mediocre story at best and can only hope it tries to redeem itself, but I don't think it will, which is too bad, it seems like a neat idea for a story.

Still just me that’s into this :’)
I hope we get to see more koto playing next week though, it’s a beautiful instrument.

Ep3.
I feel like this week was the start of the character development ball rolling, so I’m hoping for some great development as this goes on now I’ve seen the seeds planted.
Still hoping for more actual koto playing somewhere but I’m really enjoying this show.

Back