Ni no Kuni

In the story, Yuu is a high school student, and his best friend is Haru and his childhood friend is Kotona. Through a certain incident, they travel back and forth between reality and Ni no Kuni. When Kotona's life is put in danger, the three must make "the ultimate choice."​

Is the "ultimate choice" going to be a threesome? 'Cos you count me the fuck out right now if it isn't going to be a threesome.

It's on Netflix, but based on the "Netflix Preview" it really looks like it has nothing to do with the actual game... like it's just "Ni no Kuni" in name alone. Has anyone watched this yet?

It's on Netflix, but based on the "Netflix Preview" it really looks like it has nothing to do with the actual game... like it's just "Ni no Kuni" in name alone. Has anyone watched this yet?
There are many nods to the first game. Based on how everything played out, I'm guessing we're being led to believe that something on the order of 60-80 years have passed since then?

I'll start this with, if there is a game associated with this I have never heard of it.

I found this to be a pretty enjoyable movie. It was pretty predictable at times but I had a good time when watching it. I have to admit that the evil dude was creepy in his final form. Like who does that to their own body? I get that he was not happy with his life but really? Have to go all nutso?

And who was that old guy who didnt seem to age? Was it the father of the king or just an additional rando character? Makes you think.

For a movie that looks like a Ghibli film, I'm under the impression that its not going to be a Ghibli film. Though I did hear that the first Ni no Kuni game was fun. I'd probably have more fun playing the first game than watching this movie if I'm being honest.

For a movie that looks like a Ghibli film, I'm under the impression that its not going to be a Ghibli film. Though I did hear that the first Ni no Kuni game was fun. I'd probably have more fun playing the first game than watching this movie if I'm being honest.

The first game's animated sequences and character designs were actually handled by Ghibli so yeah it is technically Ghibli. The sequel and various spin-offs (this movie included) followed with the aesthetics and designs.

And yeah, Ni No Kuni 1 and 2 are solid JRPGs. I recommend them.

I was kinda hoping for a wheel-chair basketball story. I really need to start Real.

As for what this turned out to be
  • Haruto was unlikable by his second line,
  • The "other world" was populated by too many meaningless characters who should have been background/crowd fodder but instead got lines and screen time that took away from building an actual parallel world,
  • The Princess who doesn't want to be has long ago become so cliché that when one is truly royally happy I'll have to slam my head against a wall to prove I haven't entered a parallel world.
  • Yusuke's immediate attraction to Asha is gag inducing.
  • Yusuke has Kotona on the brain until her lookalike makes an appearance. Now Yusuke is obsessed with Asha. Re-read till it makes sense. Spoiler, it'll just make you want to slap yourself and him.
  • Monologue. Monologue. Monologue.
    H72pHJDx-RmxXX-n4dgZni_kx31SL4AdjQpZNLiOfzIVLAGayLt5qwjcP8Zr79N931fdaachYLFw2M0JeWHvW3hvPLdukMMihwn8U7s-9mFz7GWZIdDwIhFKFvYGQLRltGSQjbXU
  • Evil uncle takes niece outside, then destroys the castle and hopes a falling brick will crush her.
    • Seriously just bring the castle down while you're inside >>
  • Haruto = Yusuke
    SyODMkfTkUbHzzBATMhnCafFdWpILWCQHWKsGRCY9uMPijMZSdk4o3tjEB2zwH_cqK0Jf52tEAFSMDnaE8QMZvFynXSctjPBimiPjQURI1X8GlD6S4CjOYN7XVNhIhaao7E1a3sF

I'm gonna look for wheel chair basketball goodness.

Last edited:
Here for the Fall Bingo Challenge. The movie was a a decent watch. A bit predictable but still enjoyable.
Haruto being Yusuke was a weird plot twist. They don't seem alike at all with the exception of their taste in girls. I feel like thewhole jumping worlds could have been developed a bit more though.

Back