Kemono Michi: Rise Up

Episode 1

...yeah, this is not to be taken seriously at all.

wolf-girl (shigure ) is already a terrible ''waifu'' fitting for Konosuba author.

The episode itself was pretty much setting up the presumably running joke. The story of course is ridiculous and the characters so far are all terrible unrealistic people.

I'd honestly answer that this episode wasn't good and certainly isn't to everyone's tastes. The gimmick of the main character is fairly off-putting in presentation. The jokes are in the realm of ''awkward'' rather than ''hilarious''. While I can see this getting better as it goes along. The cat girl and dog man ( and their owner ) seem to be material for reoccurring '(comedic) 'antagonist'' characters and that could perhaps lift this anime up by itself.

On the characters designs I can be fairly straight forward. The beast-people clearly have more attention to their designs. The main character is plain ... with a wrestler body ( literally how I'd describe him ) and the princess shown at the beginning was probably the least memorable bait-and-switch heroine design I've experienced in a while.

So, is this showing promise?

Not really, honestly. Fingers Crossed it's characters can be as ''dynamic'' as Konosuba's.

Last edited:
I have high hopes for this one. It seems to be done by the same person who did Konosuba.

Best part of the episode was when he suplexed the princess hands down..

Episode 1:

It's about time we lewded some male furries.

I frigging lost it when he was sniffing the cerberus' butt. Just...wow.

Crazy start so far. Hope it manages to be as funny as Konosuba.

Episode 1

The German suplex on the princess was easily my favorite part, but I also liked the countouts and Genzo's puppy. Shigure gives me Aqua vibes, which is definitely a good thing. I enjoyed Konosuba's premiere a bit more, but this series has potential and I'm definitely looking forward to following it.

Between this and Beastars, it's gonna be a great season for animal lovers and furries.

Last edited:
What a lovely Yuusha he is. :3
I already love this show. In the middle of isekai ocean, it can be original!

Been forever since I seen an animal taming series.

Going to forgive it for having a sports theme at the start. But it's hilarious and a bit educational.

The fight scene towards the end of the second episode was awesome! Instead of regular OP unrealistc fight scenes, I was greated with a sound fight using real techniques! This show is really shaping up to be something amazing! The right balance comedy and action imo.

Episode 2:
Is Heat Haze an expy of Kyouya from Konosuba? A stereotypical isekai MC with his harem of waifus and just like Kyouya in Konosuba his sword also gets stolen. Hah. Well it is from the same dude who created Konosuba and I love how he made it as some kind of running gag.

That wrestling match with Daisuke Ono King Orc was amazing. Absolute sakuga from start to finish.

Episode 2.
tumblr_pz4kudzstt1rztjsno1_540.gifv

Homeboy straight up bitch smacked him into next week! Damn, that was a slick fight scene for a comedy show. I love it.

The MC is unbearable. How do you fuck up japanese wrestling and cute monster girls this bad? If it was only at least as funny as Konosuba it would get a pass but this is just weird.

Episode 2

Eh, I enjoyed this one more than the first. The haphazard pacing is a bit less notable with how the scenes don't require as much dialogue to get the point across. Overall still not as funny as Konosuba but while very weird it's somewhat palatable for me now I had a few smirks here and there.

Back