Ao-chan Can't Study!

Well.
I'm actually cracking up.

Erotic Writers ahoyyyyyyy. Gonna giggle forever at her name ; and also low key joke about naming for similar reasons.​

Ep1:
It's not that bad. The jokes are landing, although I don't know if they hold up for a whole season. The animation is good and well paced for the jokes. Characters are distinct enough and memorable. Although the obnoxious blushing lingers for much too long and it gets on your nerves after a while. All in all, I'll give it another episode or two to see if the romance part gets less obnoxious.

This will be my trash for the season. I’m ready. Bring on episode 2 :’)

I feel like I'm a garbageman at this point, but I'm 100% with you on this ;D no reason not to add another title to the landfill that I've already collected no?

Ep1:
It's not that bad. The jokes are landing, although I don't know if they hold up for a whole season. The animation is good and well paced for the jokes. Characters are distinct enough and memorable. Although the obnoxious blushing lingers for much too long and it gets on your nerves after a while. All in all, I'll give it another episode or two to see if the romance part gets less obnoxious.

It's just the first episode, but I think the show is pretty self-aware both of its own genre and anime in this genre overall, so it might actually be pretty good and intelligent in that respect. It would be great if it'd turn out to be a comedic deconstruction of harem-ecchi-imotuo series that are so prevalent nowadays.

As a side note: I know the basic rules of a girl being Best Girl but what are rules for Best Boy? Can a guy make that call? 'Cause for me it's very clearly the Pleasure Master ;D

It's just the first episode, but I think the show is pretty self-aware both of its own genre and anime in this genre overall, so it might actually be pretty good and intelligent in that respect. It would be great if it'd turn out to be a comedic deconstruction of harem-ecchi-imotuo series that are so prevalent nowadays.
I'd like to have your boundless and naive optimism, because I see no reason to believe this might be anything else than a normal ecchi show with above average quality.

But...that OP is catchy as hell.
Yeah, didn't expect that. This may be the best part of the show so far. Quite well animated, too.

I'd like to have your boundless and naive optimism, because I see no reason to believe this might be anything else than a normal ecchi show with above average quality.

The art style is neato but I share the sentiment, we've seen this before. A couple of characters grabbed from different shows and thrown into one. Happosai from Ranma 1/2 for sure, I'm getting a Yamada from B Gata H Kei - Yamada's First Time vibe... and the boy seems like the standard love interest. An above average start, I don't know how long this show will run for but I can see it struggle to maintain this quality.

Last edited:
The art style is neato but I share the sentiment, we've seen this before. A couple of characters grabbed from different shows and thrown into one. Happosai from Ranma 1/2 for sure, I'm getting a Yamada from B Gata H Kei - Yamada's First Time vibe... and the boy seems like the standard love interest. An above average start, I don't know how long this show will run for but I can see it struggle to maintain this quality.

Yeah, didn't expect that. This may be the best part of the show so far. Quite well animated, too.

Well, we have a no-nonsense female protagonist in an ecchi show with her father making ecchi novels, which she hates, so ... it MIGHT be self-aware a little, right? It sure seems like it is to me. I thought this when

the father demanded pudding which was shaped like a bouncing titty (an obvious reference to obnoxious titty scenes in ecchi shows) and the protagonist gave it to him, immediately destroyed it with disgust and saying she doesn't want to see men that day, which the father in turn immediately took as 'she's in heat' (since it's the only possible answer in an ecchi genre and he writes it)

I can see the show having a premise of the female protagonists learning that not everything romantic/sexual/masculine is a real-life version of fan service her father writes, while the plot shows the audience that 'sure ecchi is fun but real (albeit slightly comedic) romance is better than any fun service'.

I mean it's a long shot (I tend to overthink the premises of shows during first few episodes), but I still prefer to hope for the best ;-)

So basically the show follows the modern feminist (a man hating women that thinks all men will rape her at a moments notice)

I have no idea where people keep pulling this shit from.
She litterally said in the classroom that guys want sex. That the only reason that guy gets near her is because he is thinking vulgar things. About 3 min in.

Then after that she spent all her time pretty much saying she hates all men.

Also, https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waves_of_feminism
If you look at first, second, and 3rd wave. They all hate the 4th wave. Look into it if you want. But for the most part instead of trying to actually get something done. The bulk of the 4th wave is just man hating to hate men. They don't even really try to really solve things like the pink tax. (seriously, look at just about any interview on what previous waves think of the current)

She litterally said in the classroom that guys want sex. That the only reason that guy gets near her is because he is thinking vulgar things. About 3 min in.

Then after that she spent all her time pretty much saying she hates all men.

So basically every female anime lead ever then? Japan doesn't give a fuck about anything other than their popular tropes. Trying to force feminism into the discussion is misunderstanding anime culture.

Back