The Quintessential Quintuplets

Picked up the manga not too long ago so I'm looking forward to this adaptation. It has its fair shares of cliches and archetypes but it's surprisingly pretty fun for a harem and the protagonist is likable.

Episode 1:

Eh. Alright adaptation so far. Could be better. Casting Matsuoka as Fuutarou was a great choice. In fact, the VA list is pretty awesome IMO. The girls bust size is a lot more uh emphasize here in the anime compared to the manga but I'm not complaining. More boobs is good.

Ep. 1,
I think this is the only romance I've seen from this season so far. As far as romantic comedies go it seems pretty decent. Introducing the characters a bit and learned about them from the first episode. Feels like a series I can keep going with, but it feels so normal compared to The Promised Neverland. Course that's what I get for watching it right after.

Episode 1:

This is some 2003 tier bishoujo harem stuff, which makes it almost hard to believe it's from a 2017 manga, as far as that goes it's pretty solid though - the gimmick is firmly there but the execution is pretty good, it's fun, sassy af and surprisingly largely devoid of shittery - good enough to check out the next episode as well. Won't even try to predict whether it will stay good, though.

Episode 1:

Eh. Alright adaptation so far. Could be better. Casting Matsuoka as Fuutarou was a great choice. In fact, the VA list is pretty awesome IMO. The girls bust size is a lot more uh emphasize here in the anime compared to the manga but I'm not complaining. More boobs is good.

I agree, I really love the manga and the VA they chose for the characters are perfect in my opinion. There are minor differences compared to the manga, but the anime is still great :3 Hope they will keep like this until the end, and hope they will not ruin the ending either...

Episode 1:

Oh hey, it's the same studio that's doing Dororo. I've not noticed one studio having more than one show out in the same season before, maybe I've just not noticed before. Is that common?

I like the opening!

I love gloomy sounding anime girls who wear headphones. That's such a specific thing XD But it's something you see often and I like it.

I didn't really expect to like this show as much as I did so I'm still along for the ride. It seems like it's going to be cute! It hasn't given me any reason to dislike it but it's got a lot of competition this season too so hopefully the next episode will be a bit more exciting.

There's also something I like about the art style that I can't put my finger on yet.

Well ep 2 dealt with my favorite of the 5 archetypes, can only go down from here >_>, in theory

Episode 2:

Dunno if this is indicative of some worrisome trends in today's anime, but I still find this orthodox harem pretty refreshing. I can even see myself watching the rest of it.

I can't get past the poor animation and the voice actors' mediocre performance. I feel like some important plot details are being lightly brushed off as well, but I do hope this won't be a problem later on. I enjoy the manga, but so far the anime adaptation has been frankly offputting.

Just saying..........

Ok, so I liked episode 1 well enough (I haven;t seen episode 2 yet). I know the manga is ongoing so this anime will probably never have to reveal the ending thing, but I'm predicting right now

He marries the first sister he met. It is painfully obvious that she's the "main" sister for the show. I've barely seen any harem anime, but its still easy to tell who is the love interest and who are the quirky side characters who have no real chance of being the person that gets together with the main guy in the end. That's not really a mark against the show necessarily but I was kind of hoping it would twist the formula a bit, especially since its one of the few anime of its type that actually has the main guy end up with one of the women (actually, its the only one I know of, but I don't really watch this type of anime much so there is probably a few more that has the main character get together with one of the characters in the end).

One thing this has a big advantage over the other harem anime I've seen (which to date is mostly just the first season of the original Tenchi Muyo, with bits of other shows), is that the main character actually has a character. To me at least he doesn't seem like the almost blank slate that most harem anime main characters are.

so, this is off to a decent start, even if it is a bit predictable.

To your spoiler. Young man. The manga is still pretty far away from the ending. Just know that you won't be thinking that if you are up to date with the manga as you know a lot of stuff happen.

Really loving the pacing in this show, doesn't look like he's gonna generically win them over, it's gonna be a grind.

It really hurt when he put miku in a zone beneath the friend zone. but I can see why, for someone who'd over analyze a relationship question, he probably never really had any friends, and is just a socially awkward guy that stays buried in his books. I hope Miku noticed that much, and wasn't pushed back by it.

It was not as funny or fan-servicy as I had hoped.

Headphones girl is best girl. (I don't know names yet.)
... Ok, this is a likely drop so I may never know, or care.

Ep 5

Dammit to hell. That childhood flashback.... Did....Did I just.......is this going to be a Nisekoi Quintuplet show now?

Oh God...this better not. I had some hope for this show. That also puts a hamper on how this show started cause if all the girls grow their hair out then they all look the same.

Oh wait......
That agent guy liked him. Let me guess. That wedding thing was actually the movie and he was in it. And it's not really the future......

This is going to be a Nisekoi isn't it.

Ep 5

Dammit to hell. That childhood flashback.... Did....Did I just.......is this going to be a Nisekoi Quintuplet show now?

Oh God...this better not. I had some hope for this show. That also puts a hamper on how this show started cause if all the girls grow their hair out then they all look the same.

Oh wait......
That agent guy liked him. Let me guess. That wedding thing was actually the movie and he was in it. And it's not really the future......

This is going to be a Nisekoi isn't it.

When you bring up Nisekoi, what similarity are you referencing?

When you bring up Nisekoi, what similarity are you referencing?
Where he had a flashback of a girl from his childhood. A girl he had met before. A girl that he made a promise to. However, he doesn't remember but when he and the others do, he won't know who it was........

Where he had a flashback of a girl from his childhood. A girl he had met before. A girl that he made a promise to. However, he doesn't remember but when he and the others do, he won't know who it was........
i missed that, was that in the most recent episode?

Back