Attack on Titan 3rd Season: Part II

Didn't know they were splitting this one up. Probably a good choice to maintain proper animation quality.

I should get around to the first bunch of episodes sometime soon.

Holy shit it is. Well, what little makes even the slightest bit of sense without knowing much beyond here if you squint really hard at it seems to agree with the thoughts that the animation associated with it made me think... But I'll take that to a more appropriate thread.

So, after just learning thanks to @Starra that the entire season 2 ED is actually in some mangled-ass English and seeing the lyrics once, I had some thoughts based on them and what I remember of the animation that went with it, that may pertain to what we might see in this season if they actually have anything to do with anything... (P.S. I don't want to know if I'm onto something or even if I'm lost in a field in the next county over from the truth... just let me wander my field until the show gets there XD)

So, that whole things gives me the impression that the first titans may have been created via some sort of dark cannibalistic ritual sacrifice... I mean, we know now that the modern process uses spinal fluid from the titans, and ingesting it will do the trick... I don't think it's too much of a potato to think this could be just a refinement of some original cannibalistic practice. Now, how the hell that started turning people into giant monsters, fuck if I know... the animation did certainly show what looked like it could be some sort of demon, but that also doesn't necessarily mean shit and seems like it would be a super weird turn for this series.

Back to the song, it sounds like it might be from the perspective of someone who had been locked in a cage and forced to watch the original ritual (presumably because they were in-line to be a sacrifice) when shit hit the fan.

Like I said, I could be shooting in the wrong direction completely, and I'd rather keep the blindfold on until the show decides it's time to remove it... I pretty much pulled this out of my ass based on info that wouldn't make a whole lot of sense even if we were sure it was remotely reliable... But I don't think it's too far outside the realm of possibility either, maybe?

So, after just learning thanks to @Starra that the entire season 2 ED is actually in some mangled-ass English and seeing the lyrics once, I had some thoughts based on them and what I remember of the animation that went with it, that may pertain to what we might see in this season if they actually have anything to do with anything... (P.S. I don't want to know if I'm onto something or even if I'm lost in a field in the next county over from the truth... just let me wander my field until the show gets there XD)

So, that whole things gives me the impression that the first titans may have been created via some sort of dark cannibalistic ritual sacrifice... I mean, we know now that the modern process uses spinal fluid from the titans, and ingesting it will do the trick... I don't think it's too much of a potato to think this could be just a refinement of some original cannibalistic practice. Now, how the hell that started turning people into giant monsters, fuck if I know... the animation did certainly show what looked like it could be some sort of demon, but that also doesn't necessarily mean shit and seems like it would be a super weird turn for this series.

Back to the song, it sounds like it might be from the perspective of someone who had been locked in a cage and forced to watch the original ritual (presumably because they were in-line to be a sacrifice) when shit hit the fan.

Like I said, I could be shooting in the wrong direction completely, and I'd rather keep the blindfold on until the show decides it's time to remove it... I pretty much pulled this out of my ass based on info that wouldn't make a whole lot of sense even if we were sure it was remotely reliable... But I don't think it's too far outside the realm of possibility either, maybe?
I like this interpretation. I don't agree with it entirely for, uh, reasons and I have my own thoughts as to whose perspective it's from but you might be on to something with the sacrificial cannibalistic ritual thing.

My own theory is that some of it is actually
taking place in the future. Namely the scenes with
the titans coming out of the water and destroying towns. Obviously this isn't true for some of it, like the can, but I think the titans coming out of the water is a reference to the Coordinate.

My other theory is that it's
an enemy propaganda piece about how titans came to be and the certain threat to everyone that the titans within the walls pose. Hence the graininess and the image of the Founding Titan and the other titans having a massive X through it.

If that background song is the OP, I'm fucking into it. Sounds awesome, might be my favorite OP of the whole series.
It's this

It's been in the anime since season 1, usually during big/tragic moments (part from the trailer starts in the middle)

EDIT: It's not this, I'll look up the title and post it later xD But this one is good

It's this

Last edited:
If that background song is the OP, I'm fucking into it. Sounds awesome, might be my favorite OP of the whole series.

I'm just makin' quick commentary on hnnnnngg. how much I adore this.​

It's this

It's been in the anime since season 1, usually during big/tragic moments (part from the trailer starts in the middle)

EDIT: It's not this, I'll look up the title and post it later xD But this one is good

It's this

Attack on Titan music does some weird things to my heart. And motivation I reckon; For some reason it's epic while being terrifying. Yeah that works, I suppose it really works. Honestly AoT probably has some of my favorite tracks.

As an aside, I'm so thankful I haven't flat out disliked any ins + outs for the series thus far ;; I've seen such remarkably conflicting opinions on them and I'm just here happy to jam out.

Fwoooo, is that first gorgeous as all get out though ♥ ♪
Sort of makes me think of, well chanting I guess. Monk hymns and such and those I love.

All this commentary is so random ;;
-----

I am HYPEEEE. For the rest.. I also conveniently waited to watch the first part.. a touch closer to release. :lenny:

I'm just makin' quick commentary on hnnnnngg. how much I adore this.​

Attack on Titan music does some weird things to my heart. And motivation I reckon; For some reason it's epic while being terrifying. Yeah that works, I suppose it really works. Honestly AoT probably has some of my favorite tracks.

As an aside, I'm so thankful I haven't flat out disliked any ins + outs for the series thus far ;; I've seen such remarkably conflicting opinions on them and I'm just here happy to jam out.

Fwoooo, is that first gorgeous as all get out though ♥ ♪
Sort of makes me think of, well chanting I guess. Monk hymns and such and those I love.

All this commentary is so random ;;
-----

I am HYPEEEE. For the rest.. I also conveniently waited to watch the first part.. a touch closer to release. :lenny:

If you like the AoT music, have you heard Epica Vs AoT covers? I love Linked Horizon, but Epica gives me chills. Simone's voice is just amazing <3

If you like the AoT music, have you heard Epica Vs AoT covers? I love Linked Horizon, but Epica gives me chills. Simone's voice is just amazing <3

TIL it was possible to make AoT OPs even more epic than they already were (my fav is their Wings of Freedom cover btw)

They are quite good, but I'm a little weirded out by the fact that they sing in English (only cause I've blasted the original one too many times) xD

It could be worse, they could have sung them in dutch =P

Back