BanG Dream! 2nd Season

I wonder how they'll give each character screen time with such a big cast. Like in this episode, Pasupare only had lines at the start of the episode then a few in the middle and from then on they only appeared in cameos.

I usually try my best to not let CG bother me, but all the choppy CG movements gave me flashbacks to playing League of Legends at 5 fps. The character models look good though. BanG Dream? More like Ban CG Dream... Okay I'll leave.

Plotwise this is probably going to be the same old watchable stuff as the first season. I enjoyed the first episode for what it is and I'm glad they showed the rest of the bands more in this first episode. Hopefully it will continue to do so.

CG was kinda meh, but the character models looked as good as they look in game in my opinion. Would have preferred the style of the first season though.

I just hope that my favorite bands will be more on this season than in previous, which they were almost non-existent (they are Roselia and Hello, Happy World! if anyone's interested. Been a fan of them ever since I started playing the game)

Plotwise this is probably going to be the same old watchable stuff as the first season. I enjoyed the first episode for what it is and I'm glad they showed the rest of the bands more in this first episode. Hopefully it will continue to do so.

CG was kinda meh, but the character models looked as good as they look in game in my opinion. Would have preferred the style of the first season though.
I totally agree with that, the series isn't really good or bad, just mediocre enough for fans and the mildly interested to enjoy.
Also I agree the artstyle from the first season was undoubtedly better. This CG that makes this season a bit questionable for me.

I just hope that my favorite bands will be more on this season than in previous, which they were almost non-existent (they are Roselia and Hello, Happy World! if anyone's interested. Been a fan of them ever since I started playing the game)
My favorite bands being Roselia and PoPiPa, I also am hoping for more appearances from Roselia's members.

Hope we get along as fellow BanGDream fans?

lowkey surprised by the animation, it's not bad at all and the models are expressive for being 3d, i hope more people discover bang dream through this season and hopefully we get more content for the (not roselia and popipa) other bands!! <3 lisa best girl

As a huge fan of the mobile game I'm loving this, It's exactly what I was hoping for. The CG doesn't bother me much, I guess since the models in the game are similar seeing the characters like this in the anime hasn't bothered me at all.

Episodes 1 and 2:

This one definitely only for people who *at least* watched the original series plus Garupa Pico. Overall I'm happy enough with it so far though, still needs more happening but it's fun enough and the CG animation is not worse than the original (the original looked kinda bad though, so there is that too)

I had somewhat different expectations for season 2, although I like the appearance of other bands and more music (instead of a very limited 1 to 3 songs for the whole season plus the extras from the "additional" band or two, even if its just 1 to 3 for the main and 2 to 3 for a secondary and maybe even an antagonistic band, the fact that there are at least 4 bands aside the main band PoPiPa, gives enough music to make the show "somewhat" more varied than the usual shows from the style.

The CG indeed took me by surprise and it's somewhat contrasting with Season 1 which In my opinion had far better graphics (and as a consequence gave a feel of smoother animation) in itself isn't so shocking so It doesn't really bother me much.

I hope though, in this season is long enough to justify the happenings and not just "show us" unfounded growth out of thin air of PoPiPa and songs that came out of nowhere. and actually show us growth, competition and whatever else they want, and not limit it to simply 12 chapters and compress the whole thing in a "simply to the point and no backstory whatsoever" kind of show, it could limit its potential by quite a lot.

My eyes have cancer.

Finally a music related show that's not about pop idols and has a decent first season, and then the 2nd season scares me off within minutes because of crappy 3d animation? I want to vomit right now :(

Roselia is the ultimate band I don't know why they didn't get an episode like almost all the other bands did. I do wonder how freaking rich is Hello Happy? A cruise ship, a hot air balloon, jet packs, and able to get away with using the Konami Code

My eyes have cancer.

Finally a music related show that's not about pop idols and has a decent first season, and then the 2nd season scares me off within minutes because of crappy 3d animation? I want to vomit right now :(

The animation gets better. I had the same issue with the series. It goes away for normal animation after episode 2 I think.

Have seen the first episode of Season Two in English dub. Always as wanted to hear how an enthusiastic girl like Kasumi sounds like as an American. Problem with dub, though, is no translation of signs or flyers. Thank goodness that there were no alterations of names. Songs are still in Japanese with no subbing.
Will withhold comments until later. Wonder what kind of voice for Chiyu Tamade?

After three dubbed episodes, a few assessments.
Great voice selections: Of course, the English voice for Kasumi is bubbly and energetic, optimism just gushing out. But this is topped by the voice for Arisa. The English dub just wreaks of cynicism. Hard to find better dubbing here.
Poor voicing: The voice for Rokka Asahi just isn't panicky enough. She shows her zeal to become a bandori, but the Japanese voice just can't be matched. Also, the English voice for Ako makes her sound bipolar, witchy one phrase then belle of the ball the next.
Assessment interruptus: Yukina's English voice struggles to catch that stoic lilt, but Yukina was sounding more bossy in the first episodes. Also, I have heard the English voice for Chiyu Tamade (CHU2); she has to work hard to compare with the Japanese voice, but there is so much going for the dubber. The trick here is CHU2 does favor speaking English.
Finally, Rimi and Rokka are supposed to speak Japanese dialects. Hard to master in English. These girls don't stand out. Really, the best voice-actor to really sell his Kansai accent was the fellow who voiced Tarte in Fresh Precure. After that, it's hard to catch the nuances.

Back