Boarding School Juliet

Discussion in 'Specific Anime Discussion' started by ZetsubouKaiji, Aug 22, 2018.

1. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Well-Known Member

2. Thrawn

Thrawn POPEE BELIEVER

Posted by Thrawn on Aug 22, 2018
    If this ends like Romeo and Juilet I would watch the shit out of this. But star-crossed lovers where the cold war would go hot in the final few episodes throwing their love story into ever greater turmoil. I am actually interested.

Tomosane and ZetsubouKaiji like this.
  3. Tomosane

Tomosane Active Member

Episode 1
    If I recall well, the manga was a bit more in medias res with their relationship, so the first episode of the anime corresponds to the third chapter of the manga or something. In general, it's not hard to tell what kind of story this will play out to be. Secret romance including MISUNDERSTANDINGS and the foreshadowed influential prefects on both sides for some small drama. Hard to sell this as a romcom, and it definitely lacks any substantial weight to be a drama because the proxy war between countries and school factions is pretty much a meme. And it's weird how it's closer to being a stereotypical shoujo romance, despite being an adaptation of a shounen manga.

4. BurntJelly

BurntJelly Well-Known Member

More amusing than expected.
    So this is standard Romeo and Juliet, but at school. I found the humor to actually be pretty funny.

[​IMG]
    Yes please.

5. Madoka

Madoka Silver Supporter

Posted by Madoka on Oct 10, 2018
    I came for Japanese school based Romeo and Juliet... i sadly might of not quite understood the plot for this series...

i will stick to see how this works out though, kids need to stop using swords in school (seriously, no sense of concern for harming one another these days), maybe get out their textbooks and read up on their Shakespeare and try again to please my personal requests... or just do their own thing and i will see what happens

6. BrainBlow

BrainBlow Well-Known Member

I'm hoping this show will turn out good. The manga is a great refined take on an old and kinda trite genre.

7. BurntJelly

Amusing once again. This is a nice romcom that actually has romance and comedy!

That "date" sure attracted quite the crowd.

Hasuki best girl?
    [​IMG]

Char... nice socks. And the kitty-ears crown.

But oh, this Hasuki end card!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  8. Teophan

Teophan Well-Known Member

I AM A PEN!!!!!!!!!

BurntJelly likes this.
  9. BurntJelly

Best-girl Hasuki episode is best episode!

[​IMG]

oh

[​IMG]

my

[​IMG]

I want to maths!

[​IMG]

hey now gettin' a little crazy here...

[​IMG]

gosh!
    This show is quite funny. Ya'll are missing out.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dang, this episode got serious drama. And here I was expecting it to be all fun and games.
    Am I really the only one watching this?
    It's not every day you get a freakout when a girl walks into the girls' bath by accident.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
  10. Teophan

Teophan Well-Known Member

Ep 8
    so it's his older brother. And the twins mentioned if he went for the prefecr selection a revolution would occur. I see where this is going.

Yes. You are the only one watching.

11. DazaiCN

DazaiCN New Member

I didn't expect I'd end up watching this series but it's been so enjoyable that I haven't missed an episode, baby.

12. BurntJelly

Not enough Hasuki this episode.

The twins were... eh... I guess. Could have been worse.
    So sad. Hasuki was almost not in the episode at all.

That underwear shopping scene was pretty funny.
    Obviously Hasuki couldn't claim the bra was hers, it's too small!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Pie in the face!

2.5/5
    Very funny at first... then they started having plot drama.

Best girl: Hasuki

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  13. KingOfBlocks

KingOfBlocks New Member

Read the manga?

MilissaSexclub likes this.
  14. Xnub

Xnub Active Member

Posted by Xnub on Sep 30, 2020
    The anime was alright i gave it a higher grade then i should have just cause i loved the manga so much. Severely underrated manga, think mal got the score closer to right then A-P did for once. Honestly the first 1/3 of the manga and thus by extension the anime is the weakest, really picks up hard after they get more into it and it never turns back.

Read the manga.

MilissaSexclub likes this.
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
  15. Tiamath

Tiamath New Member

Its nice to see that Juliet is not just a heroine that needs to be convinced and actually has a will of her own. As a side note i wish they kissed a bit more. Even as a pure love story, kissing aint that bad