Karakuri Circus

What the fuck. How many episodes are they going to do of a 400+ chapter series? Shit man, if this gets a series why not Chaosic Rune? That is some flex nuts badass shit. But this one looks interesting, all kind of madcap plans and nefarious schemes to kill a kid for his fortune. Better be goofy and bonkers as all hell.

It seems sort of Jojoesque and reminds me that I should feel bad for not being up to date with the JoJo anime for this season's Vento aureo.

I don't know. It has all kinds of elements that I could potentially enjoy a lot, but somehow I'm not feeling in the mood. I'll probably end up watching it, or at least checking its reception, but so far I haven't put it as a must.

I've been liking it so far with the first episode, but I'm usually a sucker for a new shonen series I haven't gotten into yet. It looks good and I feel pretty optimistic about the characters and story, so I'll continue with it.

Episode 1:
Was I just in the wrong mood for this, or did it seem kinda like there was a bit of that same "let's just have things happen because the story demands it" thing that I keep bitching about in RErideD? Not nearly as egregious as that, but idk, it felt like this opening episode needed more room to breath; perhaps it should have ended right around the spot where Shirogane showed up and used Harlequin to smash the suit puppet, and used the extra time to do more build-up and transitions, maybe make this guy's weird disease feel less left-field and pointless, at least right now...

Well, that said, I didn't hate it; it feels retro but with more modern quality, a nice side-effect of matching an older(-ish) manga, the style's cool, I like the idea... I just need it to smooth out its pacing issues a bit if it's really going to sink its teeth into me.

Ep.1
As an avid follower of Detective Conan, lemme just say that the Haibara/ Mouri collab feels really weird.

The pacing is a bit too slow for me, as is the case with most shounen anime. If I may be a little bitter, the part that leads up to the appearance of Shirogane feels much longer than it should be. That section was painful to watch tbh.

As I’ve already mentioned, I’m not a fan of the shounen battle genre so I have no regrets in dropping this show from my fall watchlist.

Episode 1
The opening music is great, and the artwork isnt bad. For all of it's retro feel in the characters, the world about them is pretty detailed. An enemy of clockwork puppets is a pretty cool idea as well.

Ep1:
I like it. The characters are unique enough, the atmosphere fits really well so far and creepy dolls. The first episode sets the tone with the mass murder in the circus before the OP and shows an adequate level of misery and tragedy following the fights.
The viewpoint characters, the young boy is basically just a young boy. And to be honest? It's kinda refreshing to see a 10yo boy in a shounen anime that is not the hero and master of everything. The only reason why the fighter guy got involved is because the kid saw the big costume and thought that he may protect him. Which is how little kids would act. Which is kinda refreshing in a shounen setting.

This is the show of the season for shounen fans. Although they do enough to set apart from more traditional shounen, which I appreciate. The OP is basically the most shounen thing about this whole show and kinda half-assed or stuck in the early 2000s.
I hope they notch up the mystery factor a little more, though. A "creepy atmosphere" with "crazy stuff" isn't enough for a compelling mystery.

Ep 1:
Been looking forward to this for a while, and Fujita is certainly known for doing somewhat obscure, but interesting shounen series. Overall a pretty decent start. Not the best, but sets the tone well and I'm excited for the rest. Guess I'll see everyone again once it's over and I've binged it lol.

And with episode 2, I would hate to hate Narumi's illness considering the implications of it, but then again, people do say I can be funny.

Episode 2:
Alright, this one was better than the first for me. It's a little predictable, but I imagine that's mostly a function of the source material's age.

Shirogane really does make the perfect tsukkomi to Narumi's boke. I have literally no idea why she would bend her leg behind her back and over her head to kick him instead of just a regular axe-kick though :laugh:

Let's be real though: Shirogane is pretty hot... until they focus on her ungodly tiny waist O-o I like a thin waist as much as the next guy, but that's taking it a bit too far for my tastes; a light breeze would snap her in half XD Pretty minor nitpick though, happens a lot in this type of anime.

Let's be real though: Shirogane is pretty hot... until they focus on her ungodly tiny waist O-o I like a thin waist as much as the next guy, but that's taking it a bit too far for my tastes; a light breeze would snap her in half
Well, this manga did come out in like 1997. That was the style back then. Same year Utena came out, and they looked that way too.

Episode 2.
Maybe it's just me, but I'd be relived he got snatched by people who just wanna kidnap him instead of kill him. You gotta look on the positive side.

Episode 3:
I couldn't shake the feeling that there was some weird pacing going on here again... so I did some digging...

This has already covered 2 full volumes. This episode alone was literally the entire volume 2, and as you might expect, they really trimmed it down, even just giving it a cursory review. Further, the manga is apparently 43 volumes, and the anime is planned for 36 episodes... I'm getting a terrible feeling that they're trying to cram it all into those 36 episodes, and I'm nooot about that. I like the ideas in this show, but this pacing is killing me... Idk, I'm not sure if I should just drop it now and spare myself that pain or give it a little longer...

Ep3:
It really goes along with a brisk pace, but what got cut were essentially just exposition dumps. And an action set piece with the water trap was missing, but you won't miss much from that. I would say that I prefer this over having two additional episodes with explanations and exposition. One of the strengths of this adaption is its fast, action-oriented pacing, although I'm missing a few humorous moments to give a breather once in a while, though.

Also,
the uncle is fucking creepy. Hope he dies in a fire. I was constantly like, "please don't touch the boy, please just don't."
Also didn't expect that the boy mans up so early in the story. Hope there is some more character development left.

Episode 3.
...Did they have to have the narrator from Yuru Camp as Uncle Badtouch? I'm never gonna hear that show the same way again.
And damn. Someone just decided to get themselves a pair of steel lowhangers. Little rushed, yeah. But he's gone from crybaby to take-no-shit, jumping out of windows, flying headbutt guy. That's development I can get behind.

And Shirogane really takes no shit. Just let that guy get mulched and blew that puppet bitch away. Boss.

Episode 01

vlcsnap-2018-11-01-22h19m42s259.png

vlcsnap-2018-11-01-22h19m45s983.png

vlcsnap-2018-11-01-18h21m14s974.png

:pokerface:

0-siren-light-anime.gif

This was actually pretty cool, the kind of shounen stuff that I like. It did get a little too coincidental (like the train breaking into the circus of all places), but still damn good. (Also I have to admit I like how it doesn't rub the MC's mental illness through a shitty exposition-y dialogue, but instead show it, like every other damn show is supposed to do).

Back