Skull-face Bookseller Honda-san

EP 1:
Wasn't expecting that Gakkou Gurashi reference and that +18 doujinshi

That's a lot of hardcore fujoshis over there
The length and the animation is good enough
I'm in.

Seems alright for some short humour. Definitely relatable with how weird customers can be. I also know that pose. I might save this as a Monday lunchtime watch since its nice and short.

It makes me happy to see a Nana cameo.
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
I'll take that Nekomimi BL... =w= <3

I'm not a fan of the art style but the jokes made me giggle some so I'll keep this in my watch list for the days I need a good giggle. =)

Episode 1:

Call me crazy, but as far as otaku portrayal in anime goes, I had more fun with this than Wotakoi. Might be the unique art style, might be the better comedic timing - or maybe even the shorter episode length. I was gonna ask if the reason Honda-san's drawn as a skeleton is because he's dead inside, but I remembered he did go out of his way to say how much he liked working in a bookstore.

I was gonna ask if the reason Honda-san's drawn as a skeleton is because he's dead inside, but I remembered he did go out of his way to say how much he liked working in a bookstore.
I think that's just a gimmick to increase the wackiness to eleven. The same way you could ask why Cromartie had Freddie or a robot.

Reactions: Zed
I think that's just a gimmick to increase the wackiness to eleven. The same way you could ask why Cromartie had Freddie or a robot.

Oh yeah. So that's why everyone else in the bookstore has a different mask on. Not gonna lie, I really did enjoy watching Honda move his jaw and fingers around. For a skull dude, he can be very expressive when he wants to be.

Oh yeah. So that's why everyone else in the bookstore has a different mask on. Not gonna lie, I really did enjoy watching Honda move his jaw and fingers around. For a skull dude, he can be very expressive when he wants to be.
Yeah, that shift between amount of details and general artstyle helps a lot with that.

This made me smile! :balloon:I'm on the fence with te Clutch Cargo style, but humor is deadpan.
Only thing comes to mind is english comedies which are better.

Is my kind of weird short. The part with the foreign animu fans reminded me a lot of the time this girl I knew went out and came back with a stack of really obscure BL manga...

Back