JoJo`s Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind

So, is this the most controversial Jojo? From the little I've heard of it, it seems that people think it's brilliant, or Mary Sue nonsense.
1451691775056.jpg

Probably shouldn't even have used that term. It's a gender-neutral trope, but is heavily interpreted as female-coded due to its origin, which absolutely poisons discourse about it as female characters are orders of magnitude more likely to be accused of it than male characters.
Its just a meme, i like how when people first start getting critical mary sue is one of the first things they learn and then they just start calling everyone that. Doesnt surprise me they'd call a jojo that.

People don't like him because he's kind of boring most of the time. That's it really.
And from what I've heard, that was due to rather poor translations(not Duwang* tier translations, but still sub optimal).

*what happened there was a college student in China translated Part 4 from Japanese to Chinese to English as part of a school project. Yeah, the student probably didn't get a good grade. Also for some reason Morioh's name became Duwang, and Koichi got renamed Guanglai Kangyi.

Vento Aureo was at least one of the better manga after Battle Tendency but I'd like to get this one out of the way so we can focus on my favourite: Stone Ocean.

So a few people were wondering why Giorno is wearing pink, as his outfit is usually blue(with the ladybug pins being red). In short: Araki did a few paintings of Giorno in pink, and since there is no canon color scheme in JoJo, David Productions did the pink outfit.

So a few people were wondering why Giorno is wearing pink, as his outfit is usually blue(with the ladybug pins being red). In short: Araki did a few paintings of Giorno in pink, and since there is no canon color scheme in JoJo, David Productions did the pink outfit.
I also like to think that since there's no canon color scheme in jojo david production is just able to go off the rails with whatever color they want sometimes. Which makes jojo a colorful show in a really cool way.

I'm kinda salty about the pink outfit tbh, just 'cause I happen to have a Giorno figure and it's in the blue color scheme (also I personally think that the blue suit looks better than the pink). But Jojo always has a wild time with its colors during the show, so I'm sure it'll be a fun time anyways

So, is this the most controversial Jojo? From the little I've heard of it, it seems that people think it's brilliant, or Mary Sue nonsense.
I hate that term, but hasn't every jojo so far been pretty OP? Most battles end in asspulls, it's the characters that make the show interesting rather than the actual fights.

Giorno is a little dull in comparison to Josuke or Joseph, but the support cast in Part V are what made the manga fun for me. That and the terrible TERRIBLE duwang scans.

Episode 1

This is the taste of a gureeto great adaptation

I was quite surprised when I saw Koichi there, though by the looks of it he probably won't appear again. Giorno's power is pretty broken and used wisely he could be pretty much invincible. the last part was really creepy tho.

Btw, Bruno's stand's power kinda reminds me of The Hand in a way. The Hand removed anything they attacked from existence while Bruno's stand just puts stuff in places where there was nothing (like Luca's eye in GioGio's hand)

Back