Planet With

Danke.

MIIIIZUUUUUUUKAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMIIIIIIIIIIII HYYYPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

I think it's practically absolutely unheard of in anime, to have a mangaka to just be writing his own original project like this from scratch, instead of adapting anything he's already got. J.C. Staff would normally put me off, but I have faith in the author, and the concept sketches I saw, looked really cool.

Danke.

MIIIIZUUUUUUUKAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMIIIIIIIIIIII HYYYPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

I think it's practically absolutely unheard of in anime, to have a mangaka to just be writing his own original project like this from scratch, instead of adapting anything he's already got. J.C. Staff would normally put me off, but I have faith in the author, and the concept sketches I saw, looked really cool.

Ah now I remember that you posted some new about this before. The mangaka angle does generate some interest. Otherwise the it's a mecha show from JC Staff, which just sounds awful. Hopefully it'll surprise us all.

Ah now I remember that you posted some new about this before. The mangaka angle does generate some interest. Otherwise the it's a mecha show from JC Staff, which just sounds awful. Hopefully it'll surprise us all.

At the very least, even if it's bad, I think I can guarantee, it's most certainly not going to be boring.

Seems like they're going all out, with the author's fucking weirdness here as an example design of this anime:
21.png

Also, I'm going to shamelessly, shamelessly plug, that Mizukami's stylized over the top action, is fucking awesome as hell:
M36.jpg

37.jpg

He draws it, so damn well. He's got a rough aesthetic, with his art, but you can just feel the energy bleeding from it. This is going to be a ton of fun, if they manage to get this right. GIGA CAT HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER.

Last edited:
PV:

Argh, man, am I so disappointed, with the CGI decision for the mechas. I guess it wasn't surprising, but goddammit, what does a person gotta do around here, for some hand drawn mechas these days? >:(

Still looking forward to this though. Seeing Mizukami's designs in movement for me and poses, is a surreal feeling.

Last edited:
ep 1

First impression? The dude likes his furries.

A dude living a normal life with a maid and a giant humanoid cat that he calls sensei (way to devour the cabbage aggressively, oh my)
Then an anomaly, looking like a cat's head on a cup labeled peace, and bunch of arms sticking out at the bottom appears, and 7 (rainbow-colored of course) heroes defeat it with their animal mechas.
Then, it is revealed that the protagonist must defeat the heroes, at which he combines with the sensei to become a cat mecha and defeating one of the heroes and gaining his stardust, apparently his source of power.
One: his relationship with the girl in his class was somewhat mehhh. I'm sure it has some importance later on.
Two: the flashback about what drives the particular hero as he defeats the anomaly was interesting and gave depth to the character, but felt out of place a bit. It just was inserted smack middle of action and gave backstory to someone we only got several shots of so far.
Three: The dude suddenly regaining his memory at the end of episode as he gazes at the stardust was quite abrupt. Does that count as a hook for next episode?

It did deliver on the surrealism, but not sure about the story so far. The flashback kinda chopped the story in half, and though I think it's interesting so far, I have some reservations.

ep 1

First impression? The dude likes his furries.

A dude living a normal life with a maid and a giant humanoid cat that he calls sensei (way to devour the cabbage aggressively, oh my)
Then an anomaly, looking like a cat's head on a cup labeled peace, and bunch of arms sticking out at the bottom appears, and 7 (rainbow-colored of course) heroes defeat it with their animal mechas.
Then, it is revealed that the protagonist must defeat the heroes, at which he combines with the sensei to become a cat mecha and defeating one of the heroes and gaining his stardust, apparently his source of power.
One: his relationship with the girl in his class was somewhat mehhh. I'm sure it has some importance later on.
Two: the flashback about what drives the particular hero as he defeats the anomaly was interesting and gave depth to the character, but felt out of place a bit. It just was inserted smack middle of action and gave backstory to someone we only got several shots of so far.
Three: The dude suddenly regaining his memory at the end of episode as he gazes at the stardust was quite abrupt. Does that count as a hook for next episode?

It did deliver on the surrealism, but not sure about the story so far. The flashback kinda chopped the story in half, and though I think it's interesting so far, I have some reservations.
stop_penis_erect_archer.gif

Sounds like Mizukami alright. His stories always tend to start a bit slow, but do get massively great later on.

Ep1:
I didn't expect to dig this. Especially the overall style/aesthetics and the surrealism. The flashback in the middle was a tad out of place, probably because the presentation was so radically different from the rest. But if the goal was..
to confuse me to who the good guys are, then it managed to achieve that. The kid seems to have some beef with the heroes, who are traditionally.. well.. the heroes.

Episode 1:
This is a weird one. I think I like it so far. I respect all the dedication I've heard about the mangaka putting into this, but the director being Youei Suzuki is a bit worrisome. Not really sure how this will turn out in the end.
The protagonist taking up a kind of villian role is interesting. Given the illusions about lost family the other characters had and the dream the MC had with the fire, I'm assuming the heroes accidentally killed his family during a fight. I'm sure he'll fuck 'em up for a while before coming around. I'm hoping there'll be more twists and turns though.

01:

This was a veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery, very mizukami start indeed. With trademark weirdness thrown in there, and I mean, a creepy perverted neko cabbage eating sensei, who eats someone to transform into a cool ass mecha, you don't see that everyday. Also, digging, the mecha designs.

Elements here remind me of Lucifer and the Biscuit hammer, with the 7 heroes, and villain protagonist. They even made a reference to it:

PTo40hW.png

That sir, is my motherfucking avatar, right there. One of his all time, best manga.

Anyway, this episode certainly raised like a billion questions.

Weird and interesting start, this is really one of those things, where I gotta see more episodes to see what direction they're headed in. Certainly seeing potential in this, it didn't blow me away, but all of Mizukami's starts are like that. Fingers crossed it can match up, to his classics. He's always had a way, with subverting, audience expectations and playing around with them, so it'll be neat to see how it goes here.

Last edited:
Back