Layton's Mystery Journey: Katrielle and the Millionaires' Conspiracy

The Layton movie was a really fun and accurate adaptation of the game series, so I'm hoping this will be as good as that was.

The first episode brought back some fond memories of playing those Professor Layton games on the DS, this series is gonna be a good nostalgia trip. The only thing I found odd is the intro made it seem like Layton is a bad father for being away all the time.

Edit: Ok so apparently in the game she's searching for Layton, who went missing, I guess my deduction made from the intro was wrong

This was meh.
Girl-Layton was kinda annoying. The case was mediocre and the deduction was half-assed.
Not even half as good as the movie.

Episode 3

Um hold on. Wait. They faked their deaths so that they could work on rockets?!?!?! WHAT?!
WTF.
AND THEN HE DID IT ALL SO HE COULD FULFILL HER DREAM OF GOING TO THE MOON WHAT?!

What was mister smarty pants scientist going to do if she remarried? Did he think of that? Also How is pretending to be zombies going to help you be able to buy food and water? Who sells groceries to zombies? No one, that's who.

Who wrote this?!

Also...

Also...

Wtf is this? A potato? What?
31408135_10160212395920696_806414379368054784_n.png

I like this anime, but this episode was just an entire bowl of "WTF".

Last edited:
Episode 4

This show is like blues clues but you get half as many clues as you need and the answer is so convoluted it's insane lol.

I'm hoping they go back to the ancient relic arc with Layton. One of the better parts of the anime in my opinion.

Final thoughts:
they finally got back to the main mystery, although they took their sweet time. The story just feels better with Layton, when its not so focused on Katry. It has its moments, if you can put up with the pacing. 3/5 for me.

Just finished it but I liked it. It was obviously aimed more towards the younger kids, with Katrielle being energetic and somewhat distracted but she grew on me. I also viewed this as not a Professor Layton show, but something as it's own thing, with occasional Professor Layton cameos. Maybe that helped my viewing experience. Not something to binge really, I took my sweet time going though this. An episode here and there as something airy and light.

Episode 4

This show is like blues clues but you get half as many clues as you need and the answer is so convoluted it's insane lol.
As OneCraftLady said, sometimes the answers are so convoluted but I felt like that mellowed out more towards the end of the series. The actual story line concerning Professor Layton is a good watch though. Unfortunately it's only five episodes scattered throughout the other 50.

Back