Last Period: Owarinaki Rasen no Monogatari

I certainly didn't expect this to be a mobile game. But economic collapse? Hopefully it shows the greater repercussions of it and the turmoils of recovering from such an situation instead of just kid-friendly hijinks and glossing over the nitty-gritty.

A man can dream... and wake up to smell the ashes.

ep 1

if you animated a generic, boring gacha rpg game without changing anything, this would exactly be it.
every character is pretty much shallow and obvious, the plot is boring, and the game reference put in the anime for laughs or what? is annoying and confusing for people who don't know what you are talking about.
I mean is this tutorial? 'you get a free gacha pull'
i guess they didn't have money to hire a decent screenwriter, so they just ripped off the game storyline exactly how it went.
fail

It's cute harmless fun.
I just hope they replace the self-deprecating gacha games jokes with better comedy.
Also the preview promises an onsen episode. In the 2nd episode.

On the plus side, it looks like they tried to get inspired by Konosuba's worthless hero cast. Which is cool. Sadly they didn't get inspired by their comedy.
Also I like the OP.

Last edited:
Umm.....

Who named these things?!?!

A town called Hopeless?
They're called Periods and their supposed to end some kind of cycle?
Stingy village?

All of that being said. Choco is best girl and that's why I'm staying. Plus it's kind of cute, kind of clever, and makes me laugh. It's based on a Mobile game too which makes me question the names even more lol.

Not a bad first episode.

Edit: On second thought, everything about this anime is cute AF, but i stand by the fact that the names are odd lol

Last edited:
Episode 2:
I love and loath how cynical they are. They basically call gatcha games a rip off that wastes your money.

But being self-aware that you're doing something shitty doesn't make it less shitty. Calling out that it is a cheap move to make an onsen episode in the second week doesn't make it less obvious and cheap.

That being said:
I still love the OP and the characters, they remind me of the cast of KonoSuba. If Konosuba was a less good anime.
Also, I had genuine laughs. And it's cute af.

YhF0YSe.jpg
I guess you could call this my guilty pleasure. It's shit. But it's really cute and enjoyable shit.

Last edited:
Episode 2

Wiseman reminds me of team rocket or any of the other bad guy teams in any of the pokemon games lol There are tons of cute characters in this show, Choco is my favorite. I like how she breaks the fourth wall and her companion is like "what did you say?"

The little bat monkey guy who does all the talking to the pink haired girl is Wiseman is also super cute.

The snake monster at the end looked super cool and turned into a super precious little thing, I'll take 5.

I'm liking this show, it's not the best but it's still cute and entertaining.

Ep3:
A Higurashi crossover? An actual guest appearance from the game admins? Okay?

I hate everything about it that does try to be meta. It just feels forced. Everything else is a cute concept and decently used.
The characters are cute, the OP is fun, the stories are good, episodic fun.

Poking fun that people get broke because of gacha games is not really funny. Especially not if that joke repeats every week.

Everything else is still fun to watch.

Episode 3

I didn't expect to like this show as much as I do, it's growing on me. Choco is my favorite character by far and I'm even growing to like Wiseman, like I said about episode 2 wiseman reminds me of team rocket from pokemon with how their plans never work and and sometimes they help the main characters even though they're enemies.

Choco is best girl.

Ep 4:
Finally an episode without the same dumb gacha game jokes and it's sooo much fucking better.

Episode 4

The main characters are alright but I honestly like Wiseman more than our main group atm. With the exception of choco, she's still great.

This whole episode was just about the group splitting up because they came into a lot of money and two of them wanted to be rich lazy asshats instead of fighting and getting dirty. All in all a good episode, even if they were right back where they started more or less lol.

Ep 5:
This episode completely reversed Haru's character for more fucking stupid jokes about gacha mechanics. Last episode was actually decent and entertaining, so this feels like an insult.

Episode 5

I liked this episode, it was cute even if nothing was really accomplished. I wasn't that impressed with this show when I first started watching it but it's grown on me. Are they in a world that's like a game or are they in a game? Either way i'm really only here for choco.

Ep 6:
This show can be so good when they forget all that repetitive nonsense with the game mechanics. I enjoyed this episode, it had some good gags, a bit of actual story to allude to and a new setting to freshen up the plot. Not bad.
And now I'm actually interested why Campanella fucks with everyone. What's her endgame?

Episode 6

This episode was good, it strayed away from the game mechanics and focused more on the characters having fun and on Campnalla going between both of her identities. I hope they touch on why she's leading both our hero's and their rival, I'm not sure what she's going to gain from that.

Also Wiseman said she's paying them a fortune, isn't the agency he works for like...SUPER POOR?! Where's she getting all this money from?

Episode 6

Also Wiseman said she's paying them a fortune, isn't the agency he works for like...SUPER POOR?! Where's she getting all this money from?
Remember why they are so poor? The "villain" stole (or technically embezzled?) it all. Not only that but Haru gave them another fortune to rebuild it and it got "stolen" again.

Remember why they are so poor? The "villain" stole (or technically embezzled?) it all. Not only that but Haru gave them another fortune to rebuild it and it got "stolen" again.

That's right! I'd forgotten that. That tidbit makes me even more curious what her end game is.

Episode 7:
10/10, best anime of the season. We have a cute trap boy:
Cd6ouQ9.jpg

The episode was also quite funny and entertaining, but who cares, amiright?

Episode 7

*packs up all my things* I'm moving to the animal realm, they're all so cute !!

Oh! What's this?! A super cute, feminine male character? I got this ya'll

*hits the red button sounding the trap alarm.* @MythicalTurkey

unknown.png

Now that that's settled, It's super cute that Gajeru faked a quest just to visit his home town lol
I love how the mayor wanted to replace the above trap boy with a bunch of girls and our beloved main characters deal with it by inciting a riot. All that mess could have been avoided if the mayor learned how to communicate like an adult. XD

Solid episode and Choco is still best girl.

Back