Persona 5 The Animation

Atlus and Persona?

3d3.gif

I will be livid if this isn't spectacular like the game.

I love it to bits and pieces, so I'm not sure how I'm going to handle the anime. Already unhappy with the name change of the protagonist, but if that ends up being the only problem then I'll be happy. I'm also hoping for a dub. The English cast is amazing to the point where watching it with any other voice actors would be difficult. Might check out the first episode when it airs just to see how it starts, but otherwise I'll be waiting for dub news.

I know the games exist, and that's about all the knowledge I have about the series

I'll break it down: Persona 3 is boners and you should play it, P3P if you want the P4 battle system but no voice acting. Persona 4 is megaboners and you should play it and watch the anime. Persona 5 is boners but haven't played it but still know it's at least primo-boners.

The whole set up with skipping over the exploration is okay, but I'm not sure how they're going to pace the rest of the whole Kamoshida thing. Especially since it'll be leading to a rather... controversial action.

The pacing is what is going to worry me. Especially since Persona 4 was... Way too fast for me to really get into it. And I hadn't played Persona 4.

Um game was like a masterpiece and I know this won't let me down so 5 stars already (I'm bias cause I love the persona franchises)

Episode 1

I thought it was a truthful adaptation of the events in the intro. It was rather heavy handed and fast paced but I see no other way how to get the beginning out of the way and make room for the meat of the story.

The tutorial part of the game is next and then we can delve into the good stuff. Or so I hope.

I enjoyed it so I have hope. Joker is still a man of very few words, that sexy guy he. I'm certainly happy to hear the amazing as fuck soundtrack again.

Generally as long as it is not as messy as the P4 adaptation, I will be at least fine.

Episode 1:

It was okay. The music was banging, the art was gorgeous and the animation was slick. The rest of the episode was typical setup stuff that doesn't leave much to talk about since it's like 90 percent exposition and
then a dude in a crown and pink banana hammock shows up claiming to be king.
I'm expecting the next episode to be more lively.

Episode 1:

It was okay. The music was banging, the art was gorgeous and the animation was slick. The rest of the episode was typical setup stuff that doesn't leave much to talk about since it's like 90 percent exposition and
then a dude in a crown and pink banana hammock shows up claiming to be king.
I'm expecting the next episode to be more lively.
Imagine the player gets THAT as the first boss. It was shits and giggles for me. At first.

Imagine the player gets THAT as the first boss. It was shits and giggles for me. At first.

Shame. I want a guy confident enough to wear a pimpin' crown and banana hammock to be a chill dude, but this guy has no chill in him.

Shame. I want a guy confident enough to wear a pimpin' crown and banana hammock to be a chill dude, but this guy has no chill in him.

Believe it or not... This type of reaction is more tame than some of the other Persona...

There are Personas literally sitting on toilets. Literally. Otherwise, Kamoshida isn't really that chill as a shadow. He seems pretty crazy unless he WANTS something. Can't wait for some... crazy stuff to happen.

EP 1

I just started playing Persona 4 and now I'm watching Persona 5.......WTF is going on? Guess I have to beat the game, watch 4, play 5, then watch this....I'm lost.

FYI, this is my first time diving into the persona world. I have no idea what's going on.

ok. so as someone who has played the game and loves it, the first episode made me so triggered. it was so rushed, they made it so noticeable. 5 minutes scenes in the game turned into a scene that's under 60 seconds. yeah yeah, I bet atlus' goal was to just have the episode 1 cliffhanger so they pushed ALL the gameplay up to where the first awakening happens. well great job, you did nothing but just ruin it. so rushed, and extra scenes that didn't happen. yeah yeah, you wanna make it kind of different from the game but eh. no. yeah. I hate the first episode. i'm not watching the rest, it'll be waste of my time. you did a great job atlus. I congratulate you. :flip:

EP 1

I just started playing Persona 4 and now I'm watching Persona 5.......WTF is going on? Guess I have to beat the game, watch 4, play 5, then watch this....I'm lost.

FYI, this is my first time diving into the persona world. I have no idea what's going on.

It's better to do one Persona series at a time. Especially if it's your first time. Each series is it's own story, and mostly not that linked. Often enough, any references to other Persona games in 5's anime will be cameo's rather than anything else.

Back