Amanchu! Advance

My God, that ED is too adorable for words.

Episode 1.
More of the same. Which is good. Don't fix what ain't broken.

Episode 1:

Whoopyo is back. Compared to last season, this season doesn't have much comfy shows so it's up to Amanchu Advance alone to tide me over and it's doing a fine job so far. It's a shame Maaya Sakamoto didn't do the OP for second season. Advance's OP is not bad but Million Clouds is still far better.

Episode 2.
Pictured: A lovestruck muppet.
tumblr_p78ordpQ2s1vkzqlio1_1280.png

Also, has this kid never seen a nature program before? Even I knew that about octopi.

Episode 3.
Depressing Teko came back. Never a fun thing. But at least she snapped out of it before the end.

Episode 4:
Teko's "shared dream sequence" had some serious Flying Witch vibes.

Man, I want a second season of that too.

I have enjoyed this series so far. I think it's animated better than the first? Been a bit since that one aired though, so I could be remembering wrong.
The new character is alright, but I'd like to see more of Teko and Pikari together which we saw very little of in episode 4.

Episode 6.
These dream segments are getting weird. Makes me question how much of the episode actually happened.

That aside, much adorable. That little one with the spoon. She gonna break some hearts one day.

Episode 7:

This certainly was...different. Not that I dislike this episode, but this kind of story line just came out of nowhere.

I have mixed feelings on how this show is suddenly turning supernatural with the whole shared dreaming thingy and now ghost fuck boys. The author did the same thing with Aria and I wasn't a fan of that too.

I'm intrigued where this is going but I would prefer if the show would go back to yuri teasing and slice of life with diving.

Unless this is all some messed-up twist and that bitter melon juice Teko and Pikari was selling was laced with something.

Episode 7.
What the Hell is going on with this show? Ever since episode 4 it's been getting really weird.
Now we've got freaking ghosts. What happened to gayness and scuba diving? I want more of that.

Episode 7.
What the Hell is going on with this show? Ever since episode 4 it's been getting really weird.
Now we've got freaking ghosts. What happened to gayness and scuba diving? I want more of that.

Looks like the author got bored or ran out of ideas or went off his meds and forgot what kind of series he was writing. It's indeed weird to see a show go this far off the rails.

Episode 8.
More dream weirdness. And it's continuing next episode.

You're losing me, show. I don't care how adorably gay you are, I'll drop you if this keeps up.

The problem really is that the lame ass Peter stuff was/is made into a 3-episode mini-arc in the show (7, 8, 9) while it was apparently spread out in the manga. I really like the show (and I actually thought episode 4 was pretty good and comfy af) but this was a poor decision, primarily because the arc is lame as hell - hopefully it'll go back on track for the rest afterwards. As for the unusual amount of fantasy in this season compared to the previous one, apparently the manga actually has a lot of it but they intentionally got rid of it in the first season, I don't mind it myself.

The problem really is that the lame ass Peter stuff was/is made into a 3-episode mini-arc in the show (7, 8, 9) while it was apparently spread out in the manga. I really like the show (and I actually thought episode 4 was pretty good and comfy af) but this was a poor decision, primarily because the arc is lame as hell - hopefully it'll go back on track for the rest afterwards. As for the unusual amount of fantasy in this season compared to the previous one, apparently the manga actually has a lot of it but they intentionally got rid of it in the first season, I don't mind it myself.
I mind. I mind A LOT.

Episode 8:

As much I love the...uh...reference or connection or whatever to Aria...I am not digging this...arc. Not digging it at all. The supernatural elements simply aren't working for me. So yeah. Fuck off, Peter. I want my comfy and diving back.

Young Mato-sensei was cute AF though.

Episode 9:

The Peter arc is finally over. Thank God. Now back to your regular comfy.

Still...

While this weird little arc was a drag, I admit I really enjoyed how this episode ended. I totally ship Towano/Peter and Mato-sensei. They're so perfect for each other.

I was kinda okay with the first shared dream between Teko and the other girl and I wouldn't mind more of that if done right and sparingly but a full-blown supernatural tale like this just ruins it for me. So no more of this crap please.

Back