Metal Skin Panic MADOX-01

Too bad there's no sequel with his cooler brother Murderviscera or their cousin Slaughterguts or their sister Annihilationoffal.

Some decent animation, a rad OST, and an almost endearing attention to detail saved this from being an utter bore. Still, the secondary plot with his girlfriend was meh, and the fact that it did not end in any satisfying way whatsoever is a mark against it.

The main character is incredibly obnoxious, and the rest aren't much better. Kilgore is a pile of toxic masculinity, but the MC sabotages himself a lot in annoying ways.

4/10

Did Kilgore live up to his name? It was the only mildly interesting thing about the synopsis.
He certainly was gung-ho and full of machoness, but he was a total dweeb still.

It was pretty average for the most part but then suddenly went downhill at rapid speed. Kilgore and the MC were both obnoxious for a different reason. One's a prick, other's slightly on the dumb side. I have already forgotten if there were any other characters. I think the MC might have romanced a wall but I don't exactly expect much from a 40 min OVA so it's fine.

But that ending was terrible mostly because we got no conclusion to anything. I don't care enough about this thing to headcanon it.

Thanks, Hasse, for another masterpiece. 4/10

Back