Two Car

Please let this not suck, please let this not suck, please let this not suck.

Really, ever since the little bit of sidecar action I got from Ah! My Goddess I've been wanting more. Sidecar racing is just so damn incredibly insane and a hell of a show of trust from both parties.

I also hope they don't skimp on technical details nor get them wrong.

Please don't let this end up being yuri fluff.

silver link......... soooooooooooooooooooo.... yeah don't put too much hope into this

Siler Link? Hmm, what's that about, let me see here...

Awww... I haz a sad.

Sigh...
570.gif

Perhaps this will be a situation where Silver Link strikes gold. They certainly have a few good shows to their name; none of their hits are originals though. In fact their small library of original works look a bit lacking, but perhaps this could be their big original break?

I am hoping that Silver Leak has a potential breakthrough here. This would be an amazing style of racing to catch on. I mean we already have had drifting and F1 and various others. Now is the time!

Episode 1
The hidden face of the coach was amusing, but I liked the backstory, the build up to the race in progress and overall it didnt have the weird physics issue that Initial D always had. I'll keep watching this one.

Reactions: Zed
01:
not a bad introduction episode, no stupid info dumps, the animation is great with nice camera angles. no cancerous CGI, and the sound track is decent. other than that it doesn't seem like it'll get anywhere either, but then again that's the case for every sports show. at least i find it interesting that show started with a race right away, but the flashbacks were annoying. there are also some hints of Yuri, which i hope won't be used for fan service.

I've never heard of roads with no speed limit? that sounds too dangerous..

Episode 1:

Well this was...alright. I like the two main leads. They're pretty cute and they got some decent chemistry. So why is it called Two Car? Is it because of the side car? Is this an actual racing term? I don't know jack squat about motor sports.

Episode 1:

Well this was...alright. I like the two main leads. They're pretty cute and they got some decent chemistry. So why is it called Two Car? Is it because of the side car? Is this an actual racing term? I don't know jack squat about motor sports.
I dont think it's an actual racing term, I couldnt find it anywhere to describe sidecar racing. However, the 600cc engine they describe in the show, is a regulated engine type of the Formula Two Sidecar series.

I've never heard of roads with no speed limit? that sounds too dangerous..

Isle of Man, and the yearly Isle of Man TT race. It's mentioned in the 1st episode.

Anyways, out of curiosity I did some googling. From what I found from briefly looking, there was an atempt at forming a TT style event on Miyakejima island from '07-'09. But I didn't find any evidence or sources or info that such an event ever took place on the island.

So, it's a mix of fact and fantasy.

Anyways, 1st episode was meh.

Episode 2
You know for a country that basically goes OCD on safety, it's pretty out there that these girls race these bikes without helmets even for testing purposes. That being said, it appears that at least one team has some sort of trauma in it's history, as shown towards the end of the episode.

Ep. 2
How convenient all the loaner bikes matched the girls' attire... or just lazy coloring. The lack of helmets drove me nuts, never mind hair doesn't flow so elegantly and softly going through wind like that. No self-respecting motorcyclist racer would take such a risk, but everyone involved just sits there and smiles about it. They might as well have not been wearing their leathers/suits while they were at it.

So far, for a series that is revolving around sidecar racing, it's incredibly dull. I want Capeta levels of excitement, not this wishy-washy teen girl drama bullshit. That can be done under any premise. The fact that they're sidecar racers is just coming off as tacked on. And there's all this interesting history of Miyake-jima island they could be using too, but zero mention of it so far. Stating to look pretty obvious the only reason it was chose as the location is because of it's similarity to Isle of Man and attempt to have a TT like event there.

There's honest potential for this to be a great series, but I feel as though it's being tossed out the window in favor of "look, pretty girls doing something pretty girls aren't known for doing!" shtick.

Sigh, I was warned...

this will probably continue to get duller and duller, for a show about side cars, we aren't seeing enough races, first episode was dull, but it was still waay better than this one.

and i'm still very bothered by the lack of safety measurements.

Ep. 3
This show continues to be a disappointment. Even with it's unique setting and theme it's just so bland. They have successfully made a series revolving around sidecar racing boring and uninteresting.

Episode 3
I thought it was a pretty decent episode. Chiyuki's trauma concerning an accident prior to her new passenger is understandable, and it's good they've ironed out the kinks before the real racing begins. Also the hint of yuri is strong with this one.

This is playing out like Love Live, but instead of school idols, we have sidecars. And to my surprise, I find this show to be inferior to that cringe inducing show...

Episode 4
Okay..things took a definitely different turn. A bit of BDSM at the start, Queen Nagisa and Maid Izumi...strange dreams of Nagisa. I mean she looked good in the outfit but it's not what I was expecting for a racing show. Although to be fair this show's not really about that as much as it tries. On to the next episode!

Ep. 4
Reoccurring dream of role reversal, but done in the most sexualized way possible.

Annnnd I'm done. At no point is this show about sidecars or racing or the island. It's just quasi/pseudo-yuri fanservice dressed up.

"Abandon hope, all ye who enter here." Turn back before you've wasted any more, or any time at all, on this show.

I want to make up for this show being garbage somehow.
Stan is a badass.

Back