Riki-Oh

I didn't much enjoy Riki-Oh. The story, the characters all felt too flat and one dimensional and not very good. Not so bad it was funny or enjoyable, but just bad and boring to me. 1 star.

I didn't much enjoy Riki-Oh. The story, the characters all felt too flat and one dimensional and not very good. Not so bad it was funny or enjoyable, but just bad and boring to me. 1 star.
You know, I always wondered how this compared to the insanely over the top live-action movie. Seriously that movie is fucking nuts (video is very much NSFW, contains extremely graphic violence):
This dub is also legendary levels of awful epicness.

You know, I always wondered how this compared to the insanely over the top live-action movie. Seriously that movie is fucking nuts (video is very much NSFW, contains extremely graphic violence):
That's horrible haha!

As for the anime, I found some of the faces and especially the warden's laugh to be pretty funny. Otherwise it was just nothing much to enjoy. The main character had nothing of interest about them.

We should group watch this movie. It looks hilariously bad XD

Regarding the OVA, it was exactly what I was looking for, GAR and chesse with some plot inbetween. Sadly some parts looked very rushed to the point it jumped from one scene to another with next to no cohesion between them but well, at least I enjoyed the whole OVA and I might give the second one a go.

This reminds me of MD Geist, in being full of violence, a manly MC, blood, heads going bust, people dying to a badass, a sweet soundtrack and violence. I expected people to get punched and get their shit broken and shit got broken. Riki-Oh made most of the cast look like a bunch of pussy ass bitches and one guy look marginally competent before he punched the shit out of him.

The Live Action movie lives up to the OVA, in being badass and hilariously violent.

Back