Kimetsu no Yaiba

chad28

Kimetsu no Yaiba

Synopsis, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual chapters and first impressions of this manga here. Full reviews should be posted here.

Anybody else reading this?
Come in here and post if you are. I know you are out there. Don't leave me all alone with the demons. xD
I'm really liking this new Weekly Shonen Jump Series.
What do you think about it? Who is favorite character?

Last edited by a moderator:
Kimetsu no Yaiba will have an anime adaptation by ufotable.
I'm super happy for the author.
And ufotable man, this is going to be good.
Really excited for this.

The anime's visual was revealed:
n7zwjrh.jpg

Here's the anime page so you can add that to your want to watch list:
https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/demon-slayer-kimetsu-no-yaiba

Here's the official website:
https://kimetsu.com/

Here are the news stories:
http://4NN.cx/.132272
http://4NN.cx/.132407
http://4NN.cx/.132422

Last edited:
I haven't read this manga but people said it's good. I'm curious to read this.

I just caught up yesterday!

I really enjoy some of the characters. Zenitsu and Muichiro are my favourites on the hero's side, and as far as antagonists my favourite so far has been Douma.

Since I was enjoying the show, I decided to pick up the manga. It was mostly done on impulse since usually I make it a point not to start ongoing manga anymore - been burned one too many times by authors like Berserk's.

Anyway, I'm now 100 chapters in (the thing's damn easy and fun to read) and out of curiosity I googled "when will kimetsu no yaiba end", not expecting anything because a successful Shonen Jump series usually means 10+ years of serialization... And I was honestly relieved to hear that it's been on its final arc since late February. That actually makes me even more excited to catch up, sounds like the creator didn't waste any time in setting things up beyond what I've read.

Since I was enjoying the show, I decided to pick up the manga. It was mostly done on impulse since usually I make it a point not to start ongoing manga anymore - been burned one too many times by authors like Berserk's.

Anyway, I'm now 100 chapters in (the thing's damn easy and fun to read) and out of curiosity I googled "when will kimetsu no yaiba end", not expecting anything because a successful Shonen Jump series usually means 10+ years of serialization... And I was honestly relieved to hear that it's been on its final arc since late February. That actually makes me even more excited to catch up, sounds like the creator didn't waste any time in setting things up beyond what I've read.
Oh yeah, this series is part of the more recent policy of Jump to let series end "early" compared to in the past. It's no longer the standard to try to milk each and every series for as much as conceivably possible, and this series is indeed in its final arc.

Well shit, I guess I just read all 170 chapters of this in a couple evenings, didn't I.

Things are pretty intense now and I've been loving these last few chapters. Should be fun to follow this weekly for however long it takes to be finished. I'd roughly estimate it still has about 40-50 chapters to go, but it could also be a bit more.

Can't say I like the author telling us through Kiriya that those four will defeat Kokushibo for sure. I'd have liked to be able to theorize that X or Y person would show up to help, even if it wasn't going to happen - but that narrative point kind of tells you for sure it won't.

I also hope Kokushibo will at least kill a Pillar before the fight's over. Himejima's the obvious choice, since he will probably die soon anyway due to the Mark appearing and him being 27... but it'd be interesting if someone else died. Other than Shinobu, so far the demons slayers have been doing a clean sweep of the highest tier enemies during this final battle, and even in Shinobu's case, her death was part of her plan. Not to mention the previous two arcs had no casualties, either, and they got to slay three Upper Moons there. I feel as though some "unintended" deaths are due in order to raise the stakes again before Muzan, and who better to do that than UM1?

Also, the new UM4 Nakime is still around and I don't know if she'll manage to land a kill. Iguro said her Demon Art was annoying but not that harmful, so hopefully that was an understatement and they'll have a hard time. Iguro is also the one Hashira we've barely seen anything about, so if he died protecting Kanroji or something that would at least make him more sympathetic.

Aaaaand we still have no idea who the new UM5 is. My guess is that they've got a gimmicky Demon Art that will help Muzan out of a shitty situation, hence why Gotouge still hasn't shown us the character. After all, it wouldn't make much sense to wrap up the fight against the strongest Upper Moon and then reveal (substitute) UM5 as just another "kinda powerful" lackey. At this point no one would care if UM5 was just that.

Can't say I like the author telling us through Kiriya that those four will defeat Kokushibo for sure. I'd have liked to be able to theorize that X or Y person would show up to help, even if it wasn't going to happen - but that narrative point kind of tells you for sure it won't.

I also hope Kokushibo will at least kill a Pillar before the fight's over. Himejima's the obvious choice, since he will probably die soon anyway due to the Mark appearing and him being 27... but it'd be interesting if someone else died. Other than Shinobu, so far the demons slayers have been doing a clean sweep of the highest tier enemies during this final battle, and even in Shinobu's case, her death was part of her plan. Not to mention the previous two arcs had no casualties, either, and they got to slay three Upper Moons there. I feel as though some "unintended" deaths are due in order to raise the stakes again before Muzan, and who better to do that than UM1?

Also, the new UM4 Nakime is still around and I don't know if she'll manage to land a kill. Iguro said her Demon Art was annoying but not that harmful, so hopefully that was an understatement and they'll have a hard time. Iguro is also the one Hashira we've barely seen anything about, so if he died protecting Kanroji or something that would at least make him more sympathetic.

Aaaaand we still have no idea who the new UM5 is. My guess is that they've got a gimmicky Demon Art that will help Muzan out of a shitty situation, hence why Gotouge still hasn't shown us the character. After all, it wouldn't make much sense to wrap up the fight against the strongest Upper Moon and then reveal (substitute) UM5 as just another "kinda powerful" lackey. At this point no one would care if UM5 was just that.
I'm still feeling confident that
the previous Fire style head will come blazing in at some point, coming out of retirement after having been shamed.
Would feel like a bit of a cop-out due to lack of foreshadowing that I'm aware of, but that still feels like a loose thread that needs to be tied up and can't be after Muzan still dies.

Could be that

The new UM5 is being sent to kill off Ubuyashiki's children and Kyoujurou's father will fend him off, along with Tengen. Last we knew of them, they were protecting the entrance to where the kids are directing the battlefield from.

Rengoku Senior honestly acted like such an ass that it'd be cool to have him do something Pillar-like now that the end's near.

Only on ch 71, but I'm glad I picked it up. Good to know it won't be dragged out for a million years. I just hope Mangaka's are getting paid better and given time to be healthy.

Only on ch 71, but I'm glad I picked it up. Good to know it won't be dragged out for a million years. I just hope Mangaka's are getting paid better and given time to be healthy.
Popular manga in WSJ earn the authors a pretty penny. The problem with work conditions and schedules in Japan is that it basically does not matter how well you are paid if your body and mind starts failing from under you.

Popular manga in WSJ earn the authors a pretty penny. The problem with work conditions and schedules in Japan is that it basically does not matter how well you are paid if your body and mind starts failing from under you.

That's why they need schedules limited(fairly paid) to 8hrs a day and paid vacation. Probably will take another two-three decades for that though.

Meant to type this last week as it occurred to me while watching Episode 22, but

with the fairly recent manga reveal that Sanemi's blood is rare even among people with marechi, Nezuko being able to resist the allure of his blood gives me a whole new level of respect for her. And all this after coming back from a life-or-death battle and being stabbed three times before having proper time to recover. Damn.

Also, Chapter 173 was good stuff but since discussion here is nearly nonexistant anyway I'll just leave it at that.

Meant to type this last week as it occurred to me while watching Episode 22, but

with the fairly recent manga reveal that Sanemi's blood is rare even among people with marechi, Nezuko being able to resist the allure of his blood gives me a whole new level of respect for her. And all this after coming back from a life-or-death battle and being stabbed three times before having proper time to recover. Damn.

Also, Chapter 173 was good stuff but since discussion here is nearly nonexistant anyway I'll just leave it at that.

Yeah I also thought the same, I wonder if it was on purpose or just a coincidence.

Back