KADO: The Right Answer

Episode 00:

I was disappointed that this episode was normal 2D animation outside of a few shitty looking CG shots. If those CG shots were any indication then this anime is going to look like butthole if it switches over styles at some point, but for now the normal 2D animation looks fine. This episode actually looked better, than most Toei series I've watched from the last couple of years.

As for the content of the episode, it wasn't bad, just kind of boring. Going into a show about a terrorist taking over Japan, I really don't expect to sit through 2o minutes of bureaucratic SOL first. This was just introducing the characters that are probably going to be leads, but I wonder if the whole thing with the factory is going to be relevant. If not then this seems like a dull slog of a way to introduce the characters.

Right now, Sado seems like the typical wunderkind type and his friend the lazy goofball. I don't have much to say about the characters beyond that.

The best part of the episode was when Sado took off the other guys pants to reveal this:

eVFk4eu.jpg

Gonna watch episode 1 now and hope that it gives me something more.

Episode 1:

So this show is actually a blend of CG and traditional 2D animation. The big surprise is that it actually looks decent. There were a few times where the two clashed, but for the most part it worked this episode. It certainly does the blend of the two style much better than the new Berserk anime.

The content of the episode is fine. It's slow paced, but unlike the first episode I didn't feel myself getting bored this episode. I found the ditzy scientist to be really annoying, though. The characters have been mostly grounded so far, so she stuck out like a sore thumb. She's not more than an annoying archetype. Not that any of the other serious faced men having serious conversations stood out this episode, either, but they didn't rub me the wrong way like her.

The episode was everyone reacting to the giant cube that appeared last episode. Everyone is just trying to process it and figure out what the hell it is. The government is also looking to help the people in the plane that got sucked inside, but this thing defies human science, so that's a no go until alien dude opens it at the end. He looks pretty fab if you're into white haired bishies.

Then the episode ends before he says anything significant.

Episode was okay, if slow paced. Hopefully, things will pick up a bit in the next couple of episodes.

My only gripe so far is that annoying as balls science chick. Nothing quite as annoying as a "I'M SO QUIRKY!" type in a semi-serious show.

I don't know about the CGI, but as far as story goes so far this is the most interesting anime of this season for me. Let's hope the point of the story won't be some really big BS. I'm talking mainly about the goal and motivation of the alien.

Episode 2:

This is reeeeally taking its time with the setup. Hopefully, all of this prep time will be worth it once the story gets rolling. I'm a bit leery of the alien dude with magic powers coming out and singing, because I got bad flashbacks to this piece of crap. https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/rahxephon

I don't have much to say about the specifics of the episode, because not much of anything happens. We still have no idea what the alien wants or why. We get to see him a fair bit this episode and his personality is established, but it's not a particularly interesting or compelling characterization. Meanwhile, a lot of the rest of the episode is sucking off Shindo and having every say how awesome he is.

Meh, it's not really bad, but it's not drawing me in either.

Episode 2

"This sound...it's like it just appeared in front of my eardrums!"

The show has some pretty bad writing at points. I'm digging the OP though it paints the show as way more intelligent than I'm guessing it will be. I agree with Zetsu, it's not bad, just isn't real exciting. I might come back to it if I hear it gets good down the line but for now I'm going to bow out.

Episode 3.
There's the interesting point I was hoping for.
Pretty Boy there just dropped perpetual energy in the lap of humankind. And knowing us, it's not going to be a straight solution about how to go about using or distributing it. Classic advanced alien visitation deal.
Nice.

That being said, I don't trust him for a hot second.
This whole thing could be for shits and giggles. Let us get dependent on it, then take it away and watch humanity collapse.
He's up to something.

Episode 4.
Three days, and people are already at each others throats over this stuff. Which is a pretty realistic scenario. Little miss tsundere there is right. No way humanity is ready for something like a never ending energy source.

...And Yaha-Kui wants the annoying scientist girl...super.

Episode 5:

Well, that's certainly one spectacular way of tell the UN Security council to go fuck itself.

As much as this anime does seem to be nothing more than the writers' way getting on their political soapbox, I am starting to enjoy this a bit more. I wasn't expect it to go where it did at the end. As pretentious as this anime can get, the dialogue is at least interesting and it's not often that you see an anime where Japan has to deal with the politics on a global scale. There's definitely something of a novelty factor there.

Episode 5.
This is a phenomenally bad idea.
Little miss annoying there just publicized how to make Wam. Now any lunatic with enough patience could make one to use for who knows what. I know the UN getting them wasn't any better, but shit is gonna hit the fan cause of this.

Episode 6.
Oh, here we go! He's graduated to full on shady!
Giving people infinite energy is one thing. But now he's full on tampering with our biological functions. This guy is bad news.

Episode 7.
Never thought the tsundere would be the one talking sense. But yes, she's right. Send this shady alien weirdo back where he came from.

Episode 8.
Tsukai almost sounds like a scientist debating against a creationist. But she's right. Let us evolve on our own, without a possibly manipulative alien tampering with us. Cause he is just getting more suspicious by the episode. That look at the end was a total villain smile.

Back