Clockwork Planet

I'm kinda curious about this one. I guess I'll wait and see how people reacts to this one before starting it myself

The only reason I have even a shred of interest in this, is because it's the No Game No Life author who wrote this apparently. But then again, this season's proved with ACCA, that not everything an author does may strike gold.

I keep misreading the synop:

]The cycle of failure and success repeats endlessly as the three of them work to repair the endangered "Clockwork Planet" in this clockpunk fantasy!

But I keep reading "Cockwork Planet in this cockpunch fantsasy."

...Yeah, about the point where she gave his finger a blowjob, I realized this is an easy 1 and done.

1 out of 5.

Planning on checking this out, probably later today though. I have to get up early for work, and I just got home from work. So I'm going to try and lay down soon.

This isn't really what I hoped for. I'm actually a little afraid that this will be bad. The initial character interactions are pretty cringeworthy.

"I've got 2-3 hours before it collapses." Well isn't that awfully convenient. This entire situation is very much convenient for the main character. This, so far, has been the most blatant and shameless use of deus ex machina I've ever seen in my entire life. It's getting increasingly not good.

Did she need to suck his finger?

What I wanted from this was more of how they dealt with the destruction of Earth, how gears were integrated into the planet, and how, after it was put into place, everything grew from there. I was thinking the setting would be more like Planet Gunsmoke from Trigun, how they have this barren planet and they spent hundreds of years trying to cultivate it and make it work. Something more dystopian and gritty. Instead I feel like I got Magical Girl Mecha.

I will likely end up dropping this, as I'm already watching a ton of stuff as it is...

I had high hopes for a steampunk, post apocalyptic themed anime and I could not even finish the first episode... *sad*

Episode 1
I had hope for you anime. The little clockwork girl is sharp tongued and sassy enough to be interesting. The main lead's Daredevil-esque hearing is neat, especially since using it apparently pains him.

But then you had to pull that stupid finger sucking. Look, i get it, you're in a genre full of ecchi robogirls, but come on.

Did people abandon this? I was hoping to see some reactions to Ep 2 without having to watch it myself...

It's very generic in a very generic sense.

RyuZu is pretty much the only character in this show that has a mildly unique personality.

The main lead is your generic idiot with a gift and a weird fetish. ( for gears )
The secondary heroine is a tsundere-esque not completely honest with herself short loli genius girl.
The fourth character is like well... she's the loli's bodyguard and a generic good adult ''cool'' guy
The fifth character is another loli but this time a properly childish one...

The setting is kind of interesting but the execution makes it all feel very generic.

The animation quality and art consistency is consistently sub-par and the anime could be called ugly because of it.

Anyway, it's not the worst watch ever but it's nothing worth sitting through so far.

Episode 1 to 4

5 to 8

With some unfortunate experimentation along the way the mediocrity has mostly not faded. It's a little silly to have an existential crisis regarding the world you life on perhaps not being real, though, even if this world is really silly it feels a bit too much like trying to hard to be edgy with this standard of animation.

Advice: Drop

Back