Please Teacher

I wanted something light and easy to watch, somehow ended up with this. I liked Ano Natsu de Matteru and I've heard good things about this, so I figured I'd give it a shot. It's not exactly the type of thing I normally watch, but I just finished episode 2 and it's not bad. I'm glad things are moving along quickly and that we're not stuck in a constant fest of awkward drama. I would rather it be silly and lighthearted, which is what it seems to be going for.

The short, brown-haired student looks and acts a lot like Remon from Ano Natsu. I know they're from the same mangaka, but it honestly feels like more than a coincidence. They also have the same voice actor.

Last edited:
I wanted something light and easy to watch, somehow ended up with this. I liked Ano Natsu de Matteru and I've heard good things about this, so I figured I'd give it a shot. It's not exactly the type of thing I normally watch, but I just finished episode 2 and it's not bad. I'm glad things are moving along quickly and that we're not stuck in a constant fest of awkward drama. I would rather it be silly and lighthearted, which is what it seems to be going for.

The short, brown-haired student looks and acts a lot like Remon from Ano Natsu. I know they're from the same mangaka, but it honestly feels like more than a coincidence. They also have the same voice actor.

Quit while you can lol. Got only up to episode 7 and dropped, it doesn't get any better then what you've seen so far. ( I did find it quite funny though most of the times)

I was a fan of this and Please Twins back in the day. Back when internet fan-subbing was growing. Doubt I'd enjoy these shows today, but I can't deny I still have a lingering fondness for this franchise.

The KOTOKO OPs are awesome though. Still listen to them time to time.

I enjoyed this way back when I first saw it. Thinking back on it though, there's a lot about it that I don't care for. The high school setting, the bullshit reasoning for the the lead character's age/appearence, the student/teacher relationship that is forced, and Mizuho's goofy origin. And if I watched it again, I'd probably be annoyed by more stuff that I have forgotten.

But, what it did do that I would like to see more of in anime was a romantic couple that we didn't have to wait til series end for them to simply get together and then maybe kiss. That alone was incredibly refreshing back in the day.

I'm not saying it's groundbreaking or anything, overall it's just an average show at best.

Granted, I'd also be lying if I said Mizuho wasn't one of my favorite female anime characters. Dem glasses and dat red hair.

I finished episode six last night. While it's certainly average and makes no sense most of the time, I'm still enjoying it. I didn't expect much from it in the first place, anyway. I wanted a light and easy watch, which is pretty much what this is. Mizuho is definitely pretty, though. A shame she's the only one with a stand-out design in the cast.

Episode 7
I'm half way through the episode so far.
There are two things that have been constantly bugging me throughout the show. One is somewhat minor, but it's the fact that Mizuho is constantly using her alien abilities, mainly teleporting, as she pleases. It's kind of dumb, doing it out in the open and letting random people see it. They play it off, of course, but stuff like that always bothers me in shows that have supernatural or otherworldly elements. It's not such a big deal in this show, considering they basically bullshit everything, but it still stands out to me. The other thing is kind of a big deal, and really the only thing that's creating drama in the show.
Kei needs to tell Herikawa to stop with her advances. It's nice that she's made her feelings obvious, as way too many series beat around the bush with this stuff, but it's been going on for almost the entire show now and it's only creating stupid drama. I guess that's what the show wants, as there's nothing else really going on, but it's incredibly tiresome. He knows how she feels, but he does nothing about it. Then all we get is his apologizing to Mizuho and trying to explain that there's nothing going on. This show is kind of cute, but this whole deal with Herikawa puts a damper on it.

...Did Kei really just call Mizuho dense? I could punch this boy.

Last edited:
^Oh those crazy super powers. Why on earth would that draw some dropped jaws and freak-outs?

Meh, who wants some Pocky? (On a side note: I attribute this to an early lame obsession of mine. Gimme some damn overpriced pretzel sticks with mediocre dark chocolate dipped on them!)

And hey, to be fair, I never knew what Pocky was until Please Teacher. The chocolate is meh, but the strawberry, that's where it's at.

Episode 10
This may have been the most obnoxious and hard to watch episode of anything I've ever watched. A massive nosedive for this show.
The whole thing with Morino is stupid. She was nonexistent for pretty much the entire show until now, and for Kei to completely change everything in his life for her is way too over dramatic. How would faking his emotions make her feel better? It's nothing but him being an asshole and playing with the feelings of Herikawa. How in the world anyone in this show likes him is beyond me, honestly. The "disease" in and of itself is stupid in the first place, but since it barely had any significance I eventually just ignored it. They're trying for serious drama, but this is a silly show and it's coming out as painful and so very forced. Out of everything they could have done for the ending, focusing on the disease and having another character burdened by it was the worst possible outcome.
I'm disappointed, but I don't know what I expected.

So this series is regrettably forgettable, led by a preposterously unlikable MC, but can we just give it up for the REAL MVP of the show Marie, aka, the little lad with not only the most power, but the most game? This adorable little bastard is my new soul avatar.

Screenshot-2019-02-22-15-06-16.png

Back