Akiba's Trip: The Animation

Muffin swears this will be great, if it sucks it will be all on him.

Be sure the remember to frown at him when it sucks.
ps: Take his cigarettes away while he's confused.

Muffin swears this will be great, if it sucks it will be all on him.

I didn't say that. I said the ORIGINAL GAME was a fun beat 'em up. I'm not exactly looking forward to this adaptation either.

You owe me a headpat, Etue.

Wait... Are you messing with Muffin? Why would you do that?

The game is on sale on the US psn for pretty cheap at the moment. Get your strip on before the anime!

Only if the game was free would I try it.

I didn't say that. I said the ORIGINAL GAME was a fun beat 'em up. I'm not exactly looking forward to this adaptation either.

You owe me a headpat, Etue.

Wait... Are you messing with Muffin? Why would you do that?

One day you'll learn, perhaps it's because you admitted to having masochist tendencies but then again I wouldn't contemplate turning you on. I digress, A fun game doesn't make a good anime but at least it gives a better chance of the anime not being the worst thing ever to grace to face of the earth.

One day you'll learn, perhaps it's because you admitted to having masochist tendencies but then again I wouldn't contemplate turning you on.

One day, you'll step on Muffin and Muffin will enjoy it. Then you will pat his head.

The game is on sale on the US psn for pretty cheap at the moment. Get your strip on before the anime!

Only if the game was free would I try it.

I paid full price and didn't feel like I wasted my money. The story is silly but the gameplay is fun.

Ep 1 is out, both subbed and dubbed!

And... it's actually pretty good? I mean, for a clichéd fanservice-action show, this wasn't a bad start. The animation seems to have some Trigger-influences too, which is always a plus in my eyes

Episode 1:

The episode breezed by quickly, but a lot of things about it felt off. I think the show was going for that frantic Gainax or Trigger style and it missed the mark. The action scenes sucked, the animation was meh and the pacing was herky jerky half the time going balls out and the other half coming to a dead standstill while characters stood around talking to set up the story and setting.

The focus of the action scenes was too close and that made it difficult to tell what was going on most of the time. The action scenes were poorly done. I'm assuming everything was done so up close to avoid more obvious forms of censorship like black or white bars. However, the result is the action scenes are incomprehensible instead.

I found most of the characters to be annoying. Mayo is bland, Niwa was grating as fuck, Moi chick was a bland airhead and MC-kun was just the kind of giant dork you'd expect to lead this kind of series. The episode tried to give him a few unique personality traits at least, but we'll have to see if they have any effect on his overall character.

The humor was okay-ish, it whizzed by quickly and none of it made me laugh, but it wasn't gratingly boring like the comedy in Nanbaka.

The plot is just as dumb as what you'd expect from the synopsis, but at least it didn't take itself seriously for the most part. I always thought they were stripping the bugged ones to expose them to sun light, but apparently it exposing them to air, which is even dumber. There were a few bits of cringe-y seriousness though and I just wanted to slap the anime on the wrist and tell it "no!" However, those moments were brief and didn't kill the otherwise silly mood. It does concern me though because I don't want this to get serious later.

Overall impression of the first episode is a meh. It wasn't terrible, but it didn't make me want to watch more either.

Also, did they just put a picture of some random restaurant worker in the episode?

7c33mWm.jpg

Kaiji mentioning the brief seriousness, really, really, really actually scares me to be honest. I know I've been burned one too many times with that, this past season, but I'm gonna jump in anyway, and just hope I don't suffer too much. <__<;

Last edited:
The story seems to be on par with the one in the game I played; i.e. it's completely terrible. That's not to say this first episode wasn't somewhat enjoyable though, but what's keeping me watching for now is more my affinity towards the game than the anime itself.

I think I want to play this game more than watch this anime. At least *I* would be the one removing others clothing instead of just watching it all weird like.

Episode 2:

Most of the episode was boring exposition with some fanservice thrown in. I know they've got to setup the premise of the series, but this episode handles it in the driest, most boring way possible and Moi is just a fucking annoying fanservice machine. Mayo should get the stick out of her ass. She can't even see the brilliance of the team name being Electric Mayo.

However, I did enjoy the fight at the end.
This frame made me laugh. Intentionally distorted frame used for comedic effect worked for me.
AkLDV8W.jpg

oAocYbE.png

Not bad for an attack name he pulled out of his ass at the last second.

gYnFcCu.jpg

Good to see the stripping is equal opportunity, but damn this guy's weird body hideous.

I also appreciated that they turned the potentially serious revelation at the end into a joke. The last thing we needed after such a goofy fun fight was an attempt at being serious. Besides it's not like the reveal had any impact since anyone with half a brain would have already figured out what she was trying to avoid telling him, so better to treat it as a joke and move on.

The fight at the end does show that there's potential for fun with this concept, buut too much time was spent diddling around with bad comedy and fanservice. One of the reasons Keijo was so good is it knew its bread and butter was in the ridiculous over the top matches and it spent the majority of its time on them. If this show could spend more time on the ridiculous fights, then it'd be more entertaining.

Episode 2
expo talk? snooore
and then they insert a low-angle shot to make things more interesting, but censor the panties? wtf
qtcaUUF.png

Oh joy, another cliché young female professor. With an obnoxious name... to bring more expo.

The shower-reveal was funny though XD

heh
Zx3dZYJ.png

... blondie and tsundere are getting annoying...

insert some meh fighting...

insert yet another tsundere...

AND then some shallow "characterization" for the original tsundere

that final fight was ok I guess

Well, I hope the expo-talk stops now, so we can get some funny action not getting my hopes up though

It's been bothering me for the last 24 hours or so, that the blonde girl sounds like another character who I couldn't quite place.

But now I remember. She sounds exactly like Kate from Sketchbook: Full Colour, a character that is supposed to sound like a foreigner talking bad japanese.

It's been bothering me for the last 24 hours or so, that the blonde girl sounds like another character who I couldn't quite place.

But now I remember. She sounds exactly like Kate from Sketchbook: Full Colour, a character that is supposed to sound like a foreigner talking bad japanese.

Blonde is supposed to be Finnish or something, going by her last name.

Also, did they just put a picture of some random restaurant worker in the episode?

7c33mWm.jpg

Havn'et watched EP 2 yet.

That said, I think this was done on purpose. If you watched the ED, you'll notice it starts with the actual singers being introduced. Then actual shoots of Akiba. I think they are capitalizing this to help promote Akiba by ensuring enough reallocations are shown so fans can go and hunt them down in real life. Especially the live ppl placed in as easter eggs. But that's just my theory.

EP 1

This wasn't too bad. Lot's of cliche stuff. However, they sure as hell pandered to the hardcore fans with this character. It's like the ultimate Otaku wifu character.
6lVminA.png

I do have one theory. Not playing the game I'm not sure how this fits.
Blah blah blah, you were one of us and you betrayed us, blah blah blah. So we get to understand she's against them but also one of them?

That said, Big bust Blonde (B3) has abnormally strong strength. I'm guessing she's one of them, the queen bad guy in disguise or the pink haired girls sister/related to her. Anime logic 101- if the eyes match, they might be related somehow.

Last edited:
Back