Poco's Udon World

01:

That was.....adorbs as FUCK. Damn, I'm in my happy place again and it's another nice chill show to add to my roster. That,
tanunki kid's fluff ball appearance was so awesome! :love:
UMOuirk.png

Cuddliest thing I've ever seen, like a teddy bear!

I feel as though this show is going to heal the pain and hole in my heart that Sweetness and Lightning left. I'm also really getting a Barakamon-esque vibe from this too. This is the season of good SOL shows.

Last edited:
Episode 1:

Yeah, this definitely reminds me a lot of Barakamon, but with the added twist of a little bit of Japanese mythology thrown in. The cynical man spending some time in the country to unwind from big city living is a pretty tried and true set up, but when done right it makes for some great slice of life. Souta's been pretty good so far as the burned out guy that obviously has some regrets about not taking over his father's udon restaurant.

However, the star of the episode was definitely the little tanuki. It was cute as hell. My favorite bit was when the kid was imitating the exercise program where the mascot had the most convoluted backstory ever for something that's just meant to get kids to do some light exercise.

The reveal that the kid was a tanuki was well done.

I even enjoyed the bizarre bit at the end. I do have say that making the riceballs sentient has some really unsettling implications.

I'm also a fan of the pastel color palette and the softer art style.

All in all it was a great first episode.

Episode 1
The opening with shots of tanuki sold the anime to me
Now, was the kid just a normal kid before the temple and got "possessed" by a tanuki?

Apparently, there's a type of udon style called bukkake. Usually served cold

My group watch looked it up because we were sure the chef had to be using a "special sauce" and the tanuki was involved because of the legendary giant testes that tanuki's have... We were disappointed to find it was a noodle style

Episode 1:
O21NF1h.jpg

Kazuma Kiryu a.k.a The Dragon of Dojima is voicing this cute fuzzy alien thingy.

AOTS.

Anyway, just like Sweetness and Lighting, I'm expecting this to be all kinds of heartwarming. And once again, Yuuichi Nakamura is playing a fatherly-type role. Well he does it so well so I'm not complaining.

Souta is voiced by the same dude as Kouhei from Sweetness And Lightning. That is funny.

His dad game is on point. His voice is perfect for these cute comedies about a single guy learning to be a parent.

My wife just watched the first episode and she melted from all of the adorable.

02:

Guys, I don't think my heart is going to be able to survive this, if it's this fucking cute every week.

That old lady was so mean to the Tanuki, jeez. Who the hell would want to make a soup out of something so freaking adorable like that? A person with no soul, that's who. Also, I genuinely felt bad every time Tanuki kid cried this episode.

The characters interactions, Souta and Poco's relationship, this show just really feels all so perfect and charming to me. When Poco fed the other kid, I think I had the longest d'aaaaaaaaaaaw moment in the face of the universe. My heart kind of just melted into butter after that. That was my favourite bit of the episode and the art really only enhances the super cozy atmosphere of this.

This is the most diabetus and soothing show of the season, and I'm loving every second of it.

Episode 2:

Poco is little pimp. Did ya see the way he had that chick eating out of his hand by the end of the episode? He even got a swag new hair ornament to commemorate his conquest. Not that I can blame anyone for falling for the little tanuki, his cuteness is on par with Tsumugi.

This must be the season of thwarted childhood romances. First, Yuri on Ice has Yuri's crush married with three kids and now this show has done the same. Although in the case of this show it was more of a long distance crush for Souta. More of an embarrassing memory really. Still if he does want to find a lesson I think he needs to take lessons from Poco.

It was just another really cute episode. It was quite relaxing and I find a lot about Souta to be relatable this episode. His awkward teenage memories certainly ring true, but I can also identify with him feeling pretty lost as an adult. It looks like he will be finding his footing in the place he wanted so badly to escape and all thanks to an adorable little tanuki.

Oh the whole this might be even more face meltingly cute than Sweetness and Lightning. It doesn't have as much going on plot or theme wise, but it's just a great show to put a smile on your face.

Episode 2.
I know where you're coming from, girly. Jealously over the younger kid/sibling. All us older siblings have been there. I tell you, I was a little bitch when my little brother came along. Least she wasn't a little brat all episode...man, I hate it when I find shows that relatable.

And then there's Poco.
tumblr_of3z3hRNnm1st6nrxo1_500.png

tumblr_of3yyhgVw11taq1k1o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_of3yzzm0dm1taq1k1o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_of3xz0XHzu1rh3hbho2_540.gif

Trying to murder me with cute.
Good stuff.

Episode 2
You mind blanked and named him Poco. Tat's almost as bad as this Chinese kid I knew named Bobo. But eh, Poco seems to like it.

The washing scene where he gets mesmerized by Poco's tail is so cute. Poco is like "excuse you? No snuggle my tail."

I think my ovaries will implode from the adorable dad-like antics.

Episode 3.
Bro bonding time with Dr. Shark Mouth. Who is the only living thing immune to the cuteness that is Poco.
tumblr_ofgvf8TxCQ1velul7o4_500.gif

Even his immunity can't save him from cute moments, though.
tumblr_inline_ofgvbouRvs1uuyz06_500.gif

And here comes Udon Sister.

Episode 3:
Lovely episode. Really enjoyed it. I didn't think much of Nakajima the first time I saw him but after this episode he's now one of my favorite characters. That was a good bonding moment between friends. Also, Gaogao-chan segment is a lot longer this time. I like how young Gaogao-chan is still being voiced by the ever-manly Kuroda. That had me in stitches.

Back