Haikyuu!! 3

I'm quite hyped for this one, but at the same time I'm bummed becuase it will only be 10 eps long

One question, is this the end? That would suck because Haikyuu!! is my favorite anime this year.

One question, is this the end? That would suck because Haikyuu!! is my favorite anime this year.

The manga is still ongoing and the anime sells very well, so this being to end is extremely doubtful unless the studio gets stricken with a sudden phobia of success and making money.

Glad to hear that. Sports anime can get tiresome after a while, but Haikyuu!! is some other stuff.

Episode 1:

Awesome as expected, the lack of any action until the end though was a massive tease, despite being necessary.

Liked the OP, that ED was abysmal though.

Guess who's back.....
Back again.
Teo's back.....
Tell the men.

Guess who's back, guess who's back, guess who's back, guess who's back........

HAVE NO FEAR......TEO'S HEAR!!!!!

Thank you. Thank you all for the warm welcomes.....

That said

EP 1-6

HOLY SH*T. That was intense.

I think one of my favourite aspects of the ark is Tsuki and how he develops. For once the focus isn't on the volleyball monster duo and the whole of Karasuno get to share the stage.

Episode 6
Is it just me or are those the opening bars of "Wonderwall" that are playing at the very beginning of the episode?

That was one hell of a final episode that put a nice cap on another excellent season of Haikyuu. While the hot new shows on the block have been getting most of the attention Haikyuu has been humming along in the background doing what it's done best for three seasons now.

I think the thing I appreciated most about this season is that it spread the attention around the team more evenly with a lot less focus on Hinata. I love Hinata, but the rest of the team is great as well and it's nice that most everyone got a bit of spotlight this season. I especially appreciated the focus and development of Tsukishima this season. Of course the groundwork for his development had already been laid in the previous two seasons, but this season did a nice job of bringing it all together in this one climatic game.

The last couple of episodes were a little sad with coach Ukai getting a new voice actor, after his original one suddenly died back in October. It seems the original voice actor had his lines done through episode 8, so it was a bit awkward getting a new voice actor for just two episodes and the new guy didn't sound much like the old voice actor. It's a sad situation all the way around.

Overall, I'm scoring this season slightly lower than the previous seasons because while this was one intense season, at times the marathon game got a bit tiring to watch due to the constant tension with just the occasional flashback to break it up. It was a thrilling game, but I think nine episodes to cover it was a bit much. 8 out of 10

Binging all that at once made the match not seem so dragged out, so it was good!

Pretty expected, but this was as perfect as can be. Best part as already mentioned was Tsukki's developement, but it had been building up for ages and it certainly delivered.

Overall I think this still pales compared to S2 because of the content, but there wasn't much that could be done about that. The whole thing with Ukai's VA changing was pretty sad, it was confusing the last two eps when he had monologues because I couldn't tell it was him talking as his voice was different. Also I guess I just missed something, but did they skip the entire second set? Before I knew it they were already on the third which confused me.

Now just the wait for season 4. This series is kind of disappointing in manga form so its a tough wait. They have 45 chapters atm to work with and its about 70-80 per 2 cours. Probably an announcement in Spring and airing winter 2018 I guess. Unless they decide for a single cour again?

All I have to say is.....

360 MATRIX SPIKE!!!!!!!

That one scene was amazing. I actually had my mouth open and leaned into the screen as it unfolded. Great way to wrap up this season.

On to nationals.

I don't know if it's bcause my low-back pain is making me grumpy but I found the last episode to be a tad underwhelming comapred to the rest. I mean, the last part of the match was quite awesome but it jsut ended in 5 minutes and the rest was post-match stuff. It'd have been a lot more impactful if that was added to the rpevious ep (but then again, the pace would have suffered a lot). The rest of the episode was fine though, and I can't wait to get more Haikyuu.

PS: I've just realized this was my 1400th watched anime =D

Last edited:
OMG that is what I thought! I love Haikyuu and I never wanted it to end!! I was so sad when I finished it!!! I am still waiting for season four. this is how I felt when I finished it. Help me. Its like the walls are cavin' in. sometimes I feel like giving up but I just can't. It isn't in my blood!! waaahhhhhhh!!! yep. that about sums it up.

I live in the Haikyuu fandom! I mean come on the characters are amazingly awesome, the animation is amazingly awesome oh and did I mention the characters :love:. They are all my favourite!! I STAN everything about Haikyuu!! Oya, oya? Ohohoh. Hey, hey heyy!

Back