Cheating Craft

Sounds like Baka to Test without the comedy or parody angle. Hopefully, this doesn't take such a dumb premise too seriously.

This premise is so bare bones that I can't even make out from it if the characters and writing are bland or not.

I bet it's going to be bad, though, perhaps a strong start but at best a mediocre ending. Only good character writing could save this.

Episode 1

The opening had organic chemistry, and I had college flashbacks...

The entire first episode is setting up the tech, which is definitely interesting, but I really hope this doesn't solely focus on the interesting device and neglect character development *coughAokanacough*

Also, I wasn't expecting half-episodes. I feel cheated somehow

01:

This was absolutely boring to me and the perfect example of how NOT to open up a series. So much expository narration, it genuinely pissed me off. This is not looking promising. I came here for comedy, not for someone to lecture me.

01:

This was absolutely boring to me and the perfect example of how NOT to open up a series. So much expository narration, it genuinely pissed me off. This is not looking promising. I came here for comedy, not for someone to lecture me.

I've been looking at the first episode on and off all day never quite able to work up the enthusiasm to watch it. It sounds pretty dreadful. I'll probably skip it unless the wifey wants to watch it.

Yeah, it's pretty much total crap and a good idea to skip out on it, this Emon company honestly also just spells out bad news to me, first this, outcast, and bloodivores, being pretty much terrible. I think it's safe to say, to stay far away from them.

Last edited:
Episode 01

This blew. I'm not upset about there being so much exposition - I'm upset because that is 100% what the first episode was. They should have did a double episode debut here or cut out the opening and ending to animate a couple minutes of non-exposition. Some red flags here if they're skimping on their animation budget from the start, which is one of the more important episodes for an anime.

02:

Man, is this show the most fucking boring thing ever. It tries to do the whole over-the-top shounen battle thing, with exams or whatever, but, it's not particularly clever with it, and the battles aren't even fun to watch really. That is pretty much the entire joke here, just trying to get by with straight-laced shounen antics over this silly premise, but it's just really, really lame.

Bleah. I might as well watch Keijo instead if I want this kind of thing.

Last edited:
Episode 2
All of the interesting technology... Wasted on taking a fucking math test. The plot in this is awful.
I dunno, maybe it just seems ridiculous because I was an L-type in school..

Geez, if they spent as much time on studying as they did on practicing cheating techniques they could probably ace all of the tests.

Episode 02

How did
the others pass their exams as well? They didn't have that hax copying powers like MC.

Also, how can the Learning-type students answer questions when half the class is engaged in ridiculous chunnibyou battles? Their power of concentration is remarkable...

If this is realistic, the "cute" girl at the end will be the manipulative type who distracts people with/gets by on her looks. These tests determine your future, so you need to use everything to your advantage, including your appearance.

Now that I think about it, other than the fact that your entire future depends on tests, this isn't a bad way to examine students. Instead of just testing your memory, it also tests your ability to work as a team, think strategically and adapt to different situations. It also means hard work has a better chance of paying off, as even if you're not very academic, you can work really hard at a cheating method and have it pay off. Seems pretty good to me.

03:

Another dull episode, wake me up when something actually funny happens. They spent a good chunk of this episode on generic school life antics, the characters are all generic stereotypes you'll see in virtually any other school anime, and they didn't even have a battle this episode either, it was just call your attack moves, and the blam, they quickly cut away from it. This show is basically a worse version of Baka test to me, and I already thought that was pretty dull for the most part in the first place.

Episode 3
No, this show does not need a romantic lead. It doesn't. Please stop. Just... go back to the test-taking antics and stop trying to work in a rom-com.

Episode 4
Since the romantic lead is working out so well, they added a yaoi subtext... because why the fuck not...
I want more test taking, less love making please.

04:

Pen = penis, get it? Because that is soooooo funny hardy har har......oh wait, no it isn't.

That's because your taste in humour is shit Damias. You Gakuen Handsome hating pleb.

7srgeir.png

I just thought of something...
How does one smell the gay? BJ breath? The fresh scent of rainbows? How?
QBqMjp7.png

Back