Regalia: The Three Sacred Stars

Episode 1

Let's start with saying that this series has no CGI so far for the mecha in it.
Let's start with saying that these sisters are not blood related and ''date'' with each other.
Let's say that the older sister is a loli
Let's say that the seemingly primary antagonist loli is voiced by Nao Touyama
Let's say love is involved with the whole two people piloting a single mecha kind of thing.
Let's say that this first episode was directed well enough to get the point accross.
Let's say all that and still state that it's been a solid first episode for this kind of series.
Let's state that this got my hopes up for it being quite okay at least.

Episode 1:
So the show opens up with a mecha fight and one of the mechs is piloted by lolis. Maybe both of them I dunno. I was too busy being surprised because both machines were actually animated old-school hand-drawn style instead of CG which is super rare these days. Then something happens and people get vaporized or something.

We fast forward to present time in the kingdom of Es-something something. We meet a loli who claims she's not a loli and her blonde imouto. Then loli meets another loli who's all ominous and mysterious and a girl with white hair also appeasr.

Then the loli fights a dude who summons a robot then turns into a crystal who floats towards the robot's open chest cavity. The loli then starts chanting and summons Tekkaman Blade but she gets her ass handed.

Imouto appears and she chasties crystal dude and more stuff happens and now she's piloting Tekkaman Blade and a cool fight ensues and imouto kicks crystal dude's ass.

Then we learn imouto is the empress.

Okay, I won't lie. I had fun. I dunno what the fuck is going on but I was entertained.

Also, no CG mechs.

No CG mechs.

Last edited:
My lottery pick, but I was gonna watch it regardless. Anyway...

Episode 1.
Yeah, buddy. This is my kind of show. Robots, explosions, action and more Yuri undertones than you can shake a stick at. I like.

Episode 2:
You know what this show reminds me of? Metal Wolf Chaos for the original Xbox. Regalia is pretty much like Metal Wolf Chaos but instead of burning American Freedom it's cute girls and yuri undertones. Anyway, second episode is much easier to follow compared to the first episode. I could tell this show is gonna be good old dumb fun. Glad they didn't cut the fight short and ended with a cliffhanger. Something to look forward to next week.

Episode 2.
That was so cool!
A freaking magician robot. And the guy driving it is hammy as all Hell. How could I not love that? Could have done without the repeated three size gag, but it's a minor quibble. Oh, and it was super gay again.
This show rules.

Episode 2

I hope all the girl pairs sleep together in a bed at one point. On the story itself however I have few comments. It's very much a straight forward as possible entity and it states in a round about way during the dialogue that what the female leads are doing is a bit sole based on moral high ground than actual sound strategy though they do try and patch it up with back up which undoubtedly is useless, to be continued.

Episode 3.
I like explosions and robots as much as the next guy, but the second one was all kinds of confusing. Why exactly were those two fighting them for? Are they implying they all know it was the other fighting? Whatever. Least Renna was adorable in her little chef hat.

Episode 4.
Okay, why was anyone acting like this was Yui's fault? Rena is the one who flew off half-cocked, and got her head kicked in. 100% her screw-up, and the show acts like Yui should take 50% of it. That's just stupid.

Least the fight was good.

And now I wait a goddamn month for episode 5...

Reminder that episode 5 airs today.
...AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
tumblr_inline_nmqjzp7iB01qde6am_540.gif

Episode 5:
It's back. With more yurilicious mecha battles. Yay. The second half of this episode was awesome. Alecta's new cockpit arm manipulators instantly reminded of Daimos and I got all giddy from nostalgia. Intentional or not, it was a cool homage. Then Yui and Rena did a yuri-powered Shining Finger and my dick was diamonds.

Glad this continues to be fun even after a long hiatus.

Episode 13:
Well that was a lame final episode.

At least, give us a cool final battle but nooo. Just more pointless talking and power of friendship and I still don't get what Johann's deal is. He was a garbage-tier villain.

Regalia is a meh series overall. The first few episodes were actually fun and had some cool fights but once the second half hits it just kinda got dry. Animation took a nose dive too despite Actas taking a one month break and the story just got all confusing that I just stopped caring anymore.

I give it a 5 out of 10. It's not terrible but it's very forgettable.

Episode 13:
Well that was a lame final episode.

At least, give us a cool final battle but nooo. Just more pointless talking and power of friendship and I still don't get what Johann's deal is. He was a garbage-tier villain.

Regalia is a meh series overall. The first few episodes were actually fun and had some cool fights but once the second half hits it just kinda got dry. Animation took a nose dive too despite Actas taking a one month break and the story just got all confusing that I just stopped caring anymore.

I give it a 5 out of 10. It's not terrible but it's very forgettable.

I can second this much for t he most part. While the series had potential it lost itself after the atmosphere got darker and darker toward the end. The ending is as generic as they come and a lot of the final scenes were just lingering shots of the characters either in despair or amazement.

So it's either a 2.5/5 or a 2,75/5 at best

Back