Qualidea Code

Episode 1:
So a bunch of aliens killed everyone and now humanity is fighting back with the only way they know how - by giving teenagers magical powers and making them attend magical academies. To my surprise, this isn't actually based from a light novel, but it might as well be because it's being penned by the creators of Date a Live and Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko. If people are getting sick of the whole alternate world thing then I'm pretty sure magical academies will be next in the list. But then again Japan has a major hard-on for school settings so probably not.

Anyway, episode one overall is generic as generic gets. MC is a cocky douchy edgelord and the main heroine is a big-breasted ditz. I actually like the supporting cast though, especially Aoi Yuuki's character. She has a big sword. The personality clash is not bad. I found it amusing enough.

Episode 1:
I actually like the supporting cast though, especially Aoi Yuuki's character. She has a big sword. The personality clash is not bad. I found it amusing enough.

I can dig short cute girls wielding big swords recklessly. But yeah, honestly, this seems like a pretty stock plot so far. Even with the whole implied ''our powers are'' thing at the end of the episode.

Episode 2:
A boring episode overall. Animation is pretty sub-par too. MC continues to be an unlikable turd and once again I find myself more intrigued by the supporting crew. I would probably enjoy this show more if sniper dude is the MC. Also, dat Hime X Hotaru.

I didn't think too much of the show when I first started watching but the moment Canaria started singing I was sold.

The OP and ED themes are okay but I must find out the name of Canaria's song so I can add it to my collection.

Episode 3:
Another mediocre and boring episode. So Canaria got injured because she...uh...used her powers too much I dunno and I feel like I should care, but I just can't. Guy repeatedly clicking the video chat and more Hotaru X Hime were the only best things about this episode, the rest is pretty cut and dry generic.

Episode 4:
Gotta hand it to A-1. An action-packed episode and yet manages to bore me to death. The end of the battle had me in stitches though. A power-up moment animated choppily and when they finally deliver the final blow it cuts to still-frames of the other students looking in awe without showing the actual attack and the enemy's demise. Fucking hilarious.

Also, the cliffhanger was just a big WTF. If Canaria really is dead then this show might be moving to darker territory. Man, I can handle only so much edge.

Hime's pure smile was good though. Only thing good about this episode. Hime is always good.

Episode 2~5

Honestly, I'm a little confused with the atmosphere they're going for here. Though I got the direction and such that they were taking in the final episode as a whole the episodes don't really give me a clear image and this anime simply doesn't seem to be the kind of have the guts to do something like this and not deus-ex-machina it away later.

Also like Muffin stated, too much stuff happens off screen or is shown from a distance that makes it pixels exploding. Well at least Maihime is cute, I suppose.

Last edited:
Episode 5:
Hime X Hotaru combi is just too awesome. They made this episode a little more bearable and that new ED rocks.

Anyway, Canaria confirmed dead and I was expecting at least some explanation, but we get nothing. Also, five episodes in and there's no hint of world-building and development or anything. Show's probably heading to a kill-em-all route. Might be good for a laugh if it did though at least.

Episode 6:
MC finally going full-fledged I-will-destroy-everything edge lord and the only character I like gets a MASSIVE death flag.

Fuck this anime.

Episode 6:
MC finally going full-fledged I-will-destroy-everything edge lord and the only character I like gets a MASSIVE death flag.

Fuck this anime.

May Yuri couple conquer all deathflags.

I still believe that nobody important will die in this and everyone will be rescued from being captured somehow.

Episode 6~10

Honestly, I saw most of this coming after the first you know what went and you know what.
Everyone lives.

Still interested in the deal with those two with that whole romantic and regretful vibe going on especially since the new opening makes the one out to be such a figure with that facial expression.

but alas.

Episode 10:
jEnGEJl.jpg

Okay, it's not a Matrix world but it's pretty close. I think.

Still continues to be mediocre and boring after the twist and the art is getting worse. I guess Kasumi's mom is kinda funny. But most importantly, Hime is back.

Always Hime.

Forever Hime.

Episode 12 [final]

This series biggest drawback is in the end the animation. The story was generic but competent enough most of the time. Still this series wouldn't have been great with better animation but it would still have helped a ton.

Maihime is still best girl.

3/5

Episode 12:
Good God. This last episode was just pure vomit. I was hoping the final battle will at least have some decent animation since it's the final battle and all but no. They literally have no budget for a final battle. Most of the time it cuts to empty background shots and we only just hear them fighting and when we do actually see some fighting it's just close-ups with Max Payne-like constipated expressions. It was so painful to watch. So so painful to watch.

Oh and the beginning of this episode was such a bad rip-off of Saya no Uta. Blegh.

Overall, Qualidea Code was a complete waste of time. I admit I kinda found the early episodes entertaining-ish, but the middle and final parts were just mind-numbingly boring. Bland story, blander characters and the shittiest of animation. I dunno why I stuck with it until the end.

Not even Hime's pure smile can save this shitstain of a show.

1 out of 10.

Last edited:
That's right, I undropped this for best girl Asuha. And no, I'm not going to watch the first episode again.
Wow, it got WORSE.

Ok, not expecting swimsuits this early... but, this is why I'm here.
vQ4Dp84.jpg

BQP6VLx.jpg

Nice guns.
Ya'll got phones... why not use them?

Deadly karaoke machine.
Way to ruin the momentum breaking up the action like that.

End was interesting at least. Looked like a rescue operation to me....
Death flags!
Death flag backstory.

Well, if there is one thing this terrible anime has going for it... people are dying.
Finally a reasonably executed episode. It kept the action and managed to build suspense.
This lady has tentacles!
Called it.
What? Distorted vision for all? ... no... that's a step too far...

Also... mom is... strange.
Never, never question a woman's age.
What's this?... a naked lady!

And there it is, the obvious betrayal.

Asuha with the wrastlin' moves.

A rather fulfilling end to the series.
This turned out tolerable enough. 2.0/5 (below average)
Best girl: Asuha

Last edited:
Back