Twin Star Exorcists

Episode 1

- Sousei no Onmyouji is very shounen so far.
- Idiot lead with a dark past.
- Stoic-ish main girl
- Childhood friend with an ample bust.
....Honestly I think the childhood friend will die in the 6th episode or something
....Since the series has this whole ''dark dark darker'' thing going on I feel like.
....That childhood friend just scream tragic one-sided love heroine she screams to me.

I could be wrong of course, it´s not like I actually read any manga like... ever.

Episode 01

The adaptation is so-so, so far. I can already tell I am going to hate the anime-original characters, like the familiar/voice that Benio was talking to during
the battle with the lesser demons...but was strangely absent during the fight with the giant one. Seriously, what the hell? How is that for consistency and confusing everyone right from the start? Aaaand I am pretty sure there was more comedy in the first chapter too. Now I'm scared they will replace a lot of the scenes I liked with that familiar who seems to be for comic relief.

Well we got introduced to a bunch of characters, wich all seemed to be kinda generic, the first scene gave me a bit of a Hell Girl vibe, with the grandma and all that. I don't like the main character's design that much but apart from that it was quite a fun watch, haven't read the manga though so i'm intrested in what might happen

Episode 02 - 03

I think i'll keep on following this one, development was nice although it does seem a bit generic. The familliar guy is kinda pissing me off but atleast he did make an appearance in the episodes more than usual that is.

ep 1

why did I watch this? this reeks of generic vibes, I'm pretty sure I've seen that exact arm before...............

Bingo, we may as well call him Kazuma Jr

I should just drop it here, But for some reason, I think I'll end up watching more

So it seems this will be running for at least a year. The news was initially iffy, but ANN recently released an article announcing details about a second opening for it in July. The length has more weight now and probably is legit.

I haven't had much of a desire to watch beyond the first episode because I expect to not enjoy it on the same levels as the manga. My hesitation to return only got worse since the pacing seems to have slowed down for the anime original content...and when it comes to anime original/"filler", this studio is notoriously bad for it (*cough* Bleach, Naruto, Tokyo Ghoul 2, etc).

So it seems this will be running for at least a year. The news was initially iffy, but ANN recently released an article announcing details about a second opening for it in July. The length has more weight now and probably is legit.

I haven't had much of a desire to watch beyond the first episode because I expect to not enjoy it on the same levels as the manga. My hesitation to return only got worse since the pacing seems to have slowed down for the anime original content...and when it comes to anime original/"filler", this studio is notoriously bad for it (*cough* Bleach, Naruto, Tokyo Ghoul 2, etc).

You really should be wary because this adaptation blows

What? I was expecting this to be one cour... Didn't think it had enough content for more than 2 cours. Fucking Pierott, they go out of their way to ruin everything. Should have known. Damn disgusting.

well You guys reminded me that this existed by bumping it, I'm an avoider of long running filler anime, and I did not enjoy ep 1 to boot. so dropped.........

Ep 8:
Well I've made it this far, might as well go for the whole miserable ride that is this show so far.I am reminded of Bleach, Naruto, and a few other shows when I watch this, but where they may have excelled to keep the attention, I find myself forced to watch this.

I will finish it, but thats because I am a glutton for punishment so lets just move on.

The lead character is annoying, and the stoic female support wife to be, to much so. Rounding it out is the generic, bland usuals you expect with this sort of thing. Short tiny ancient grandma, the long bearded grandpa, the pervy uncle, the whatstheirnamesIforgot friends/relatives etc.

All in all I am not expecting anything of quality here. The story is pretty meh so far as well. I suppose I shall root for the evil force behind the Kegare for now.

My god 50 episodes of this? I mean it was okay for now but I can't imangine 50 episodes worth this might have some good twists or is just going to end up being filler.

It's based on a long running shounen manga so I'm not surprised.

It actually has only eight volumes at present, the same number of My Hero Academia that is getting just a cour (but split I would imagine). From what I've read online of people watching, much of Twin Star is anime original or filler. I don't know what the producers were thinking.

It actually has only eight volumes at present, the same number of My Hero Academia that is getting just a cour (but split I would imagine). From what I've read online of people watching, much of Twin Star is anime original or filler. I don't know what the producers were thinking.

My bad, thought it was running longer. Honestly the latest episode was among the most awkward romantic fanservice I've seen outside of ecchi in a while.

Episode 14

Yeah, this recap was one we didn't need or wanted. Nothing has really happened so far so this is pretty much desperate padding.

So I finally got around to this. It's actually pretty fun from the first 4 episodes I've watched. And they do the offscreen/stills method for fights so the bad animation isn't emphasised as much (not really a plus, but it removes a minus I guess). This could have been a really fun cour or two, but no, it's freaking 4 and full of filler. Fuck you Pierott. I should still get some enjoyment out of this if I skip the crap.

Also apparently 21-28 will be all filler...

Episode 15~18

Padding much, knowing that they're low on original material doesn't help overlook it.
Animation is pretty bad not the worst but often lazy and too styled for no reason.
Art consistency is pretty bad too, especially noticeable in Benio's face shots.
A lot of how's are left unexplained which don't get addressed but a flashback being shown 4 times in 3 episodes is fine.

The facial expressions in this anime are the worst, it doesn't drive home emotion at all and the anime is often too goofy looking too pull off drama anyway.

Episodes 1-16

So far I'm enjoying this series very much. It'll never be a top 10 contender for me, but there is enough that is different about the story and the premise to keep me engaged.

The good: there are two main characters who both have weaknesses and strong points. No gender bias here!
I like that all the kick-ass fights happen in this parallel world. They can be as over the top, explosive and destructive as the creators want, without having to explain away how people in the street can accept it.
A really neat conceit.
Also Seigen - so far my favourite character.

The bad - those fang teeth! Ugh!
Atchan and Shinchan are paper thin, as is that Grandfather so far. And what is with those glasses that clear up when something serious is happening
The animation is also iffy in parts, but so far it hasn't reached the depths of some Bleach episodes (hatched lines to represent shadows, anyone?)

Back