Kuromukuro

Episode 1 and 2:
Finally got to watch this. Well it's interesting enough. I like the music. I like how the pilot of the main mecha is a hot-blooded samurai dude from the past. Fights are decent, but the CG is really jarring. That's modern mecha for you. Hand-drawn is just too much effort these days I guess.

Episode 2.
Still not concrete on the what the story is here, but the mech fighting was pretty slick. Always a plus.

Episode 3:
They still haven't explained who or what they're up against, but I continue to find the show enjoyable so far. Kennosuke is very likable and he's the reason why I'm sticking around. When it comes to modern mecha protagonist, he's a breath of fresh air. Honorable, not a hint of angst and a badass overall. Also, how did the uncle manage to get him out of detainment? Did he convince Yukina's mom or something? Don't tell me he helped him escape.

Anyway, three episodes in, I find this show entertaining. Nothing really special, but I like it a lot.

Episode 3.
Huh. This is picking up.
Equal parts funny and awesome.

Funny is him groping random Blonde girl to get out of that hold, and the "Mother in the Box" stuff.

Awesome was him fighting that robot on foot.

And he and Koharu have a cute connection.
I like.

Episode 3:
They still haven't explained who or what they're up against, but I continue to find the show enjoyable so far. Kennosuke is very likable and he's the reason why I'm sticking around. When it comes to modern mecha protagonist, he's a breath of fresh air. Honorable, not a hint of angst and a badass overall. Also, how did the uncle manage to get him out of detainment? Did he convince Yukina's mom or something? Don't tell me he helped him escape.

Anyway, three episodes in, I find this show entertaining. Nothing really special, but I like it a lot.
I wouldn't say he's without angst, but he is quite refreshing. Least he's not your typical Generic Highschool Male type.

this is one of the most underrated shows of the season imo (probably cause everyone into mecha is drooling over macross)

this is super fun and a must watch for mecha fans! i look forward to this every week to learn more about whats going on because yeah we still don't really know wtf this show is really about XD

Episode 4.
No action this week. But I don't care, cause I was too busy laughing.
It's hard to pick the best in an episode full of them, but funniest moment has to be him making a loincloth out of that pink towel. I had to pause the video I was laughing so much. And everything else was just hilarious...except for the end, but I guess it had to get plotty eventually.
Good freaking stuff, man.

this is one of the most underrated shows of the season imo

I definitely agree. The lack of love is probably because CR didn't pick this up and neither Funi.

Anyhoo...

Episode 4:
Kennosuke continues to be the best thing about the show. The man out of time thing has been done to death before, but he really makes it work. He's really entertaining. He also has some really good chemistry with Yukina and I pretty much support the pairing.

Guess my hunch is right. The demons might actually be aliens. I mean there's a lot of hints pointing to that in the previous episodes.

Anyway, looks like Kennosuke will be enrolling to school next week. Kinda worried but the show has been doing good so far so maybe it won't be bad.

Episode 5.
It cracks me up how poor Ken keeps running into people who can kick his ass, despite being some billy-badass Samurai. Must be a real kick to the ego. Anyway, no huge laughs, but still some good chuckles here and there. And looks like the action is back next episode.

Episode 5:
The high school hijinks isn't as bad as I expected. In fact, it was actually pretty amusing. Sebastian is funny and cool at the same time. He's a potential favorite. Yeah, looks like the action is back next episode. Hope it doesn't disappoint. Also, I lost it when Ken was going all "Hyaa! Hyaa!" while riding that flying cube thingy.

Episode 6:
At first, the action was pretty eh, but it really picked up during the second-half. Glad Sophie and Tom weren't just for show and scored some pretty impressive kills. And Sebastian was classy as always.

Episode 7.
And we have our first bad episode of the show.
We get it, Yukina. It's a rough gig for a teenager. That doesn't mean you need to be Ms. Mopey all goddamn episode. The only entertaining part was her mom giving her the slap across the face she deserved.

Episode 7:
Definitely the weakest episode so far. Angst after seeing someone die in a mecha show is nothing new and it's rarely portrayed well and this show is no exception. Yukina was a little too selfish this episode and I doubt her mom's Bright Slap™ had any effect based from that cliffhanger. Also, we finally have a name for the bad guys - Efidolg. They look like toksatsu villain rejects. Oh and I bet one of them is Yukina's dad. Please let me be wrong. Don't let anything as cliched as that happen.

Oh and that female advisor has a lewd body. I like.

Episode 8:
JEaGriX.jpg

Not so subtle, P.A. Works, but I still dug Mika's Easter egg room (and her pantsu) anyway.

Anyway, this episode continues to falter, but it's a big improvement over last week. Looks like Yukina has recovered for a bit and is not all mopey anymore. Good. Glad that's over with. I wonder if Yukina's savior is really her dad or one of the "demons" who's now wearing his watch. We'll see next week and looks like we're also getting some much-needed action.

Last edited:
Episode 10:
Maybe the real Kennosuke died and the Efidolg that betrayed Furnie-what's-his-face and his buddies took his form and memories. But most likely it's probably the princess who's the alien based from that flashback scene. We know little about her and what we do know is pretty vague. To be honest, I'm pretty mixed about this whole thing but we'll see. At least the show is going somewhere and it looks like things are gonna get serious again.

Episode 11:
A decent episode overall. We get a cool sword fight and a hiking date. Kennosuke's gigantic curry onigiri actually made me laugh, but I'm pretty sure you can't make something like that in real life. I guess it's possible if you use dry curry. I think. Anyway, more hints that the princess may really had been the Efidolg traitor. Maybe she was part of the advance party, perhaps?

I'm seriously going to try and make that giant curry onigiri one day!!

Really pumped for the second half of the series. I think things will start to move a long quite nicely since they give us a tiny bit every episode. The fan-service moments in this show really are something!! *thumbs up*

also YAY his collar is finally off. lol at that tan line XD

Back