Kagewani: Shou

Episode 1:

And we're back to blatantly ripping off paying loving homage to very famous horror stories. I don't see much reason to watch this episode when you could just watch Nightmare at 20,000 Feet and get some sexy Shatner in while you're at it. Sorry, flight attendant with a Pageboy haircut, but you've got nothing on Captain Kirk.

It's all fun and games marking your boss's contact number asshole editor in your cell until there's a silly mix up one day and everything gets awkward.

This universe must be hell on the police and other investigative bodies if they just let the press run all over crime scenes unaccompanied. But ZK! How else are we to get a shitty jump scare to end the episode? I dunno be a little more creative because it was obvious he was going to get eaten.

Newspaper guy was right though, this ain't no horror movie, the budget is far too low.

Oh hey, there Banba. No idea how you got locked up now that you have super powers, but nice to see you I guess.

This season is going to be fun.

Your turn, Captainslow.

Sequel time!

Episode 01

The ones with the smallest bladder usually are the first "to go."

Confusing ending was confusing. Clever use of the darkness to slack on the animation. Couldn't even tell what was going on most of the time.

This episode was terribly boring. Just skip it everyone; you'll save 8 minutes.

My Saturday mornings are now made of sadness and disappointment. :crying:
Episode 1
Good one doofus, take off without the passengers why don't you.

"Crazy, but genius" is the worst way to describe Banba ever. "Like the Invisible Man: without presence", maybe

Will Graham? Is that you? What are you doing in this god-awful show?

Wow, that was a dick move by the air hostess. That shit makes ghosts, you know. :laugh:

Oh hey, there Banba. No idea how you got locked up now that you have super powers, but nice to see you I guess.

With clothes like that, he probably got mistaken for a vagrant. :laugh:

Now I want to watch that Twilight Zone episode ZK mentioned. I'm in the mood for some sexy hammy Shatner after this crap. :megusta:

Last edited:
It's that time of the week again! :crying:
(well, at least Swagamoto starts this afternoon, so my Saturdays aren't all bad. :love: )
Episode 2
If this show gets a third season, I'm going to be pissed.

These UMA are getting way out of bloody control. And so's the police... I guess it's for ~dramatic effect~ or some crap.

I keep thinking this episode can't make me headdesk any harder, but then Bambi had to do a heroic speech about saving everyone complete with a shot of an innocent child. :flip:

Get eaten, Bambi. (or not. Damn you, Copper! At least you lost an arm for that.)

Hey, Kimmy's back. Damn.

Last edited:
Episode 3
Oh, rack off, why is it if a woman has a partner/husband in this show, she's always the first to buy the farm?! Get your act together and write some decent characters, guys, and stop going all Lost Lenore on us. Even Daruma-sama's sick of this by-the-numbers bullshit. :flip:

(I mean, at least she lives unlike Bambi's poor fiancee in S1, but still...)

Dang, I'm already two episodes behind in this. I don't really have any desire to watch more after that first episode. Is it improving?

Dang, I'm already two episodes behind in this. I don't really have any desire to watch more after that first episode. Is it improving?

Absolutely not. :laugh: In fact, I'd say it's almost staying at the same level of sameness as the first episode, with the occasional moment that makes you wish your sighs of disgust/boredom/annoyance could travel at mach speed and lodge themselves into the writers' skulls as payback for this crap.

Episode 3:

So what would have happened if he'd shouted "She's not a virgin!!"

Better yet, why didn't Daruma-sama chomp down on those cultists before now? I don't think the occasional sacrifice would be enough to keep it fed.

This episode played more like the typical episode of Yami Shibai, except the couple managed to survive. Still I get a bad feeling if the plot is now going to involve secret monster worshiping cults.

I agree with Captainslow, this hasn't gotten any more worth watching.

I think I stuck around with the first season because at the end of every episode at least it still had the "wanting to know the monsters' origins" to keep me going. I don't see the point in this anymore.

Episode 4:

Those looked like some derp ass Velociraptors, but least Banda has now outgrown his grunge faze.

All those tests in a lab and no one figured out that the monsters are weak to sound? The tuning fork is the most effective thing in the series. Instead the lab is too busy turning it's dick of an owner into a cyborg Kano, thing.

Feck, I forgot it was Kagewani day.

Episode 4
The whole episode I was all
mQ7N5LE.gif

(Also, tuning fork for best character of the series)

Hey! There's a bloody Sekkou Boys reference in this episode! Do I win anything for noticing? No? Ugh, fine.

Those looked like some derp ass Velociraptors, but least Banda has now outgrown his grunge faze.
He went from a grunge phase to a edgelord phase. That's even worse. At least a nice lady came along and belted it out of him. :laugh:

Episode 5
This means next week marks the half-way point, right?
> Website lists 13 episodes
CV4Wg9N.gif

/points to nutty ninja lady
Her, I like her.

Kagewani as military weapons? How original. (Wait, wasn't that Bambi's stupid goal last season?)

/in Ryan Haywood's voice
Oldbag, noooooo!

That fight scene was dragged out for way too long, making this episode just as boring as the rest of the series thus far. Huh.

And because I feel like it, here's the synopsis for next episode:
Episode 6 - Blindness
The truth of the attack on Bamba is brought to light.
It was part of a new beast project that Kimura wasn't to know about.
In the midst of all this, there's a further outbreak of beast attacks.
Akira, a researcher at Sarugaku, and his daughter Rion are attacked...!

Last edited:
Episode 6
/makes whining noises
Huh, Kimmy got demoted at some point.

Nice fake brands, arseholes.

And OF COURSE the daughter of the researcher is young, blind and helpless. And OF COURSE the big bad director doesn't care if she and everyone else dies, causing Kimmy to go rogue and help the poor researcher become all ~badass~ and save his daughter. :flip:

Whoops, I got her name wrong. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EDIT: And here's next week's synopsis:
Episode 7 - Isolation
Kiriko was chasing a certain beast that escaped from Sarugaku Laboratories.
It is said that this beast is similar to Banba Sousuke: it still has human intelligence and possesses the abilities of a Kagewani.
And at last, she finds the beast and captures it, but...!

Last edited:
I find it hilarious just how vast the difference between how Kagewani's received on this site vs. how it's received on other sites is. Then again, most of A-P's "reception" is just Zets and I flipping tables over it. :laugh:

Episode 7
Hey, it's Plant Boy! Haven't seen you in forever, man! :drink:

Kiriko... wasn't the best person for this whole extraction gig, was she? I mean, did she really think bringing a knife to a Kaiju fight would work?

/in Ryan Haywood's voice
Plant Boy, noooooo!

/sings mornfully
'Cause I am the last one~ And Iwishthecurse stopped here~

Episode 8
Aw, how nice, they gave him a shirt. :laugh:

I'll give them 6 points for the dream sequence(?), most of the points were deducted for the over-the-top choir & cliche nature of the interrogation bit. And also that it practically lasted the whole bloody episode.

/the tuning fork appears
There goes my hero~ Watch him as he goes~

Nice way of scarring your daughter for life there luv.

I'd say it'd be the memories of the fella down the well, because there's too much shit going on for it to be anyone else. Also the POV at the beginning didn't give it away for you, Bambi? :seriously:

Last edited:
Episode 8:

I'm starting to miss the days when this was just a dorky horror show referencing other better material. The more plot focused episodes are just plain terrible this season. What's the point of the elaborate backstory when it is this daft. It doesn't really answer any questions. All we find out this episode is some dudes let the kagewani free and tuning fork chick's family was eaten by the damn thing so she's not going to be Banba's biggest fan.

Let it never be said I am a brilliant strategist or anything, but wouldn't you make sure you have the tool of control before feeding the guy to the monster and setting it free. It seems like a pretty halfassed attempt to get information before saying "ah well, we'll set the monster free anyway" and then the whole crew gets eaten. What did you think was going to happen?

Also, the fuck is with the music this season. The first season basically went for generic spooky music and a bit of generic metal. It wasn't great, but it worked. This season the insert songs are pretty damn laughable. The only that starts up around five and half minutes into this episode didn't fit at all. It sounds like something from a shitty action show.

Last edited:
Episode 9:

Man, this guy makes Umbrella Corp look like a bunch of geniuses.

If I understood this guy's plan then it was to splash kagewani blood all over the territory you want to occupy to pacify any hostile soldiers. Ummmm, how is filling the area with hostile, uncontrollable monsters making conquest easier?

Kimura is no bright bulb, but even he's got his shit more together than this guy. Although since Kimura just left him to drown in infectious monster blood, I'm sure this isn't the last time he's going to appear.

Also, the derpy velociraptor are made from bunnies?

Wow, that was stupid. I feel dumber for having heard this guy's master plan.

Episode 9
hWv060w.gif

Did...did this show just use a god-damn snap zoom? :seriously:

So, New Villain Guy basically has the same plan that Kimmy had in S1 but with the ridiculousness turned up to 11 and with added inspiration from Dr. Eggman? Right, whatever. :seriously:

C'mon, Bambi, use your alpha Kagewani powers to save the day or some crap.

That running animation cycle, though. :laugh:

Bambi was all strung up in the roo- oh, of course he wasn't. Right, whatever.

EDIT: Next week's episode is:
Episode 10 - Nightmare / Incubus
Banba, who slipped away from Sarugaku Research Institute due to Kimura's cooperation, is chasing the Kagewani.
Around the same time, Nagi was following the signs of any beasts, and finally arrived at a certain abandoned building in a small town.
It was decided that she'd spend the night together with a girl, but...
The memories she had lost of her mother and the beast, two nightmares swoop down on Nagi!

Last edited:
Back