Burst Angel

Katchura

Burst Angel
Alt title: Bakuretsu Tenshi

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here.

I hate CG, face it, it looks shit, but when done like this, is bearable. The first half of the first episode was so typically clichéd that my brain turned off altogether, and just continued watching for the sake of it.
No, this anime isent bad, its just the theme is so done to death. Even the settings nice, characters interesting, mecha groovy, effort ....... questionable.

Like I said, first half was annoyingly clichéd, however, everything seemed to pick up nicely in the second half when the director decided to get off his ass and mix events and music. I hope it just had a rough start.....although I seriously doubt that to be true.

yeah i got to say im thinking this is another chrno crusade.... over hyped and did not deliver

Yikes, I was hoping Chrono Crusade was decent, but I have heard nothing but crappy opinions the past week. Shame, it had some nice character designs going for it.

That and I dig the whole "Nuns with Guns" thing, just liked I digged the "girls with guns" in Baketsu Tenshi, and Gunslinger Girls, and Noir...and on and on and on, they are all weak. They always fuck it up.

man .. my name represents that anime .. but I like it =(

I just saw it myself, its pretty good, but a lot of people *here* don't like it ... heh .. its pretty good, reminds me of a mix between cowboy bebop and .. spy-girls =D

eh well, ya

I just got done watching eps. one a second ago, Yeah.. i'm not to big into CG myself.. specially stuff like Platonic Chain and Urda, but this wasnt all bad, kinda reminded me of Knight Saber's... <bubblegum Crisis> with the with the future setting and the fact there woman rideing around in a truck with armor suits, and Aika naked mission wraped into one, fan service and all the guns, i dont know, i'll see where this heads..

Has anyone else noticed that this show IS Daphne in the Brilliant Blue, but with a male main character, mecha instead of ocean craft and much better animation? Even the characters are the same, there's a 'grown up logical boss' one, a 'bitchy' one, a 'silent and violent' one, and a 'cute mecha expert' one.

I don't think the CG is THAT bad either. Not great, but certainly lots better than other previous attempts at having CG mecha in a show, like Divergence EVE. Stellvia was the only one so far that did it really well though IMO.

Eh I thought vandread did cg mecha pretty good too but thats just my opinion..

Anyways for some reason the main character reminded me of the main character in nadesco(gah cant remember his name..). Hes even a cook too =P

Akito. Yeah, that's a good comparison actually. Kinda hapless main character totally out of his element surrounded by military women.

Vandread is a pretty good example too, at least 2nd stage. CG there did work well.

I would mention Ghost in the Shell, but thats not fair on the grounds of the budget it had.

I just really hate all CG and 3d that looks it, although, I dont mind it at all so long as it dosent look like polygoned crap. Bakurtsu Tenshi seems to be around the middle.

I don't no what to say about it. The character really don't have any depth yet as we no almost nothing about one of them. If it keeps up like that I think it'll be baka baka baka... I really do like characters like Sei.

Personally, I'm sick of the newby's acting like Gonzo's the greatest just because Hellsing and a few other hit a niche. This is literally the only forum I've been to where I'm not the only one not counting the days till their next release. I don't hate their work, but three or four of the tons of shows they've done have I liked(FMP!, Vandread, Saikano, and maybe this one). I'm not fond of CGI unless it serves a perpose and isn't just there to save money while "looking cool". Gonzo has yet to do this in my eyes. I don't hate their work, just their fanboys and their overuse of their main trump card. They just can't blend it well. My favorite uses of CG are Macross Zero, since they use it to up the dynamics, and Gundam Evolve 5, it blends pretty well and there's one shot on the Nu Gundam(you'll know it when you see it) that is beautifully done. The fact that its five minutes in length helps, I suppose. Movies use it well at times, but then you have a budget.

Mercurial Morpheus said
Personally, I'm sick of the newby's acting like Gonzo's the greatest just because Hellsing and a few other hit a niche. This is literally the only forum I've been to where I'm not the only one counting the days till their next release. I don't hate their work, but three or four of the tons of shows they've done have I liked(FMP!, Vandread, Saikano, and maybe this one). I'm not fond of CGI unless it serves a perpose and isn't just there to save money while "looking cool". Gonzo has yet to do this in my eyes. I don't hate their work, just their fanboys and their overuse of their main trump card. They just can't blend it well. My favorite uses of CG are Macross Zero, since they use it to up the dynamics, and Gundam Evolve 5, it blends pretty well and theres one shot on the Nu Gundam(you'll know it when you see it) that is beautifully done. The fact that its five minutes in length helps, I suppose. Movies use it well at times, but then you have a budget.

What's wrong with FMP! ? I loved that series. FMP! Fumoffu is contraversial because most of the fans expected action rather than humor. And let us not forget Last Exile now.

The 3d does not detract from the show IMO, it's like Last Exile's so I'm used to it.

Back