Schwarzesmarken

I didn't know there was a new Muv Luv this season...and like Total Eclipse, I've already found someone to hate by episode 1. It's Annette. Useless, crying bitch.

Yeah, it's basically another muv-luv, basically, yes.

I expect another non-ending climatic battle by the end of this.

Episode 2.
Axemann...good God, he's already in the Stasi. No need to make him being evil that much more obvious. Anyway, I liked White Hair giving that yappy brat a smackdown. More characters who spout idealistic crap need that to happen to them. Shame they killed Mustache Guy. He seemed cool.

I have to admit, i watched this purely out of curiosity to see how bad it could be. Pretty silly is the answer.

Episode 1

I can forgive expobabble right at the start of the very first episode if it lets you get on with things as soon as possible, so it didn't bother me all that much here. Instead what I disliked was just how obviously grimdark the whole thing was, from the designs of the aliens to scene upon scene of people getting eating or ripped apart. It wasn't even well animated gore, just looked very silly.

Then the Schwarzesmarken come in and fuck shit up. For an elite squad, they're pretty stupid, one of the girls spends all her ammo shooting at corpses while going mad, while another guy goes around not following orders because he's 2good4them. Inghild gets her mecha ripped in half, which results in her being badly injured, instead of taking her back to base and healing her, they just shoot her "to end her suffering", maybe she was beyond help, but the dark screen at that time didn't really show you much apart from some blood on her face.

Then they go on a quick rescue mission, and Theodore rescues this girl who looks just like his sister who was shot escaping from East Germany, no doubt there'll be some weird as fuck romantic subplot going on between the 2 of them because VN adaption.

The episode was pretty shoddy in terms of animation, the mechs didn't look too bad as CGI, I've definitely seen worse, but the aliens just looked shit, though i think that is more down to design than anything else.

Curiosity still peaked, so guess I'm in for episode 2...

Episode 2

My god Theodore is an insufferable cunt, tsk'ing at literally everything, just being a general stupid fucking edgelord, I can't stand to see him on the screen.

The art in this episode is pretty bad, I'm not sure any of the people working on it have ever seen boobs before, and don't know how form fitting clothing works, t's hard to take the show seriously when everyone is walking around with giganto tits on display all the time.

The Stasi have the potential to be interesting, so lets see where that goes, especially interested in beatrix, as she seems to be a Grade A fuckface.

The show is still damn grimderp, lots of silly gore and stupid looking aliens and what not, death flags all over the place...

I just started watching EP 1.

I swear to god I've seen something like this. Those alien designs look WAY to familiar. Was there an OVA or movie that came out first? This all seems WAY to familiar.

I just started watching EP 1.

I swear to god I've seen something like this. Those alien designs look WAY to familiar. Was there an OVA or movie that came out first? This all seems WAY to familiar.

It's an entry in the Muv-Luv franchise. You're probably recalling Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse.

Thanks. I thought I was having a stroke or something. Maybe I woke up in some alternate reality and a cat girl would come down the stairs and call me big brother. LOL

Episode 3.
3343752227_57373583_answer_1_xlarge.png

Seriously, who didn't see it coming?
Of course his sister is alive. And probably some brainwashed Stasi mole or something. That whole episode was boring. Cliche backstory, unimportant redshirts, Annette being a whiny little annoyance. But once again, Sylvia was cool.

Episode 3.
3343752227_57373583_answer_1_xlarge.png

Seriously, who didn't see it coming?
Of course his sister is alive. And probably some brainwashed Stasi mole or something. That whole episode was boring. Cliche backstory, unimportant redshirts, Annette being a whiny little annoyance. But once again, Sylvia was cool.

Come on. That person was clearly revealed in episode 2 with the silhouette at the end.

EP 3

Classic story line that you would expect. Very easy to follow and predict. Might be hard for anyone to stay entertained that's looking for action and good story telling as it's very "been there, done that".

Classic story line that you would expect. Very easy to follow and predict. Might be hard for anyone to stay entertained that's looking for action and good story telling as it's very "been there, done that".

I feel that Muv Luv has always been like this, it's spin off being exactly the same is what I was dreading the in first place. Oh well, it's a guy almost only surrounded by variably sexy girls guess we'll see if it goes the route of killing more important people off or if it sticks to Alternative storytelling with lots of well proportioned mammaries and treachery.

I feel that Muv Luv has always been like this, it's spin off being exactly the same is what I was dreading the in first place. Oh well, it's a guy almost only surrounded by variably sexy girls guess we'll see if it goes the route of killing more important people off or if it sticks to Alternative storytelling with lots of well proportioned mammaries and treachery.

I have a feeling it may go the Terra Formars with almost extreme echiiness. You know, get those super sexy episode scenes, with the famous fog/mist blocking the goodies that only the BD will show, and then kill off those that showed the goods. I'm pretty sure the blonde leader chick is going to get it near the end.

As for the story line:

file > open > MuvLuv script > copy > paste > rename > Schwarzesmarken > offend all Germans > save > produce

Episode 4.
Joy. We have an incest angle thrown in now. Loved how they made sure to stress her dad is a "distant relative" like that. Whatever. Also, Gretel just went stupid this episode. I thought she was the smart one, but she's just a yutz to concerned with her rep.

But on the plus side, USA TO THE RESCUE! Can't be mad at that.

EP 4

Incest is wincest!!!!

I lost my shit when the sexy, slurpable......I mean stupid megane LT. started to "override" the captains decisions and they all stayed and argued after what's her face said a ground strike was approaching. REALLY!!!!!!

However, I do like how everyone knows she's got to be a Stasi spy and don't trust her vs the "but she's got to be good so I'm going to blindly turst her" crap.

Also, I was a bit confused when I saw VF-103 and tomcats mentioned until she said the squadron name......then I laughed my ass off. VF-103 was a fixed-wing fighter squadron or strike squadron made up of F-14 tomcats. When the F-14 decommissioned, it was replaced by F/A-18 Super Hornets. Thus changing the squadron to VFA-103 Jolly Rogers. What's funny is that the anime role of VF-103 matches the roll of the real world VFA-103......History lesson over.

As for the sister, I'm pretty sure she's going to play the sleeper agent. She can't remember anything and has triggers that cause her to do certain things but doesn't recall it. I'm also sure they trained her to gain their trust and when certain criteria are met......she ends up killing Frank Drebon (bonus points if you get the reference).

Episode 5.
Now we're talking.
If there's one reason to watch Muv-Luv, it's when the action gets good. And that fight against the Fortress class and Lasers was pretty effing sweet. I also like that bitchy West German. Anyone who bitchsmacks Annete within 30 seconds of appearing is okay by me.

Episode 6.
And this just took a turn into creepy.
They just dispensed with subtlety, and had his sister ask him to bang her...what the eff.

Anyway, too much politics. Though Gretel blackmailing that one guy was pretty cool.

And once again, Sylvia is cool. We all know she's a spy. Quit dragging it out.

Episode 7.
Oh, look. It's the big "twist". I'm so "surprised".
Seriously, we all knew she was a spy. And just to make it funnier, dumbass dipped his stick in it before she finally dispensed with the paper thin charade. Smooth, dude.

Least there was good action.

EP 5

fighting, almost dying, more political jargon.

EP 6
yeah, that eye shift in the opening scene wasn't creeping or foreboding at all.

"Take me?"
Take her where? He's low on gas and she needs a jacket. :troll:

EP 7
STARTED A RELATIONSHIP WITH HER?!!!! OOOOHHHH NOOOOO!!!! Incest is not wincest. Come on man. Wait, they aren't related are they?
answer
The-Rock-Meme-It-Doesnt-Matter-What-Your-Name-Is-151.jpg

It's really sad that the brother was the only one that didn't realize that she was a spy. Was the V that good that it clouded his mind?:troll:

EP 8
Well fuck. I somehow managed to watch ep 8 before 7 so that ruined everything for me. Thanks VLC and ADHD.

Anyhoo, so that happened. I want to see the two girls fight it out in a pool of pudding. That would make us all happy.

Back