Koyomimonogatari

Not sure what to expect from it, but it's monogatari. So, I'm going to watch it.

Hm... seems like it's just going to be a collection of short/side stories. Not expecting much out of this.

No one else is watching this? :yunoguy:

I don't remember skipping/missing an episode, but all of a sudden two episodes are out...

4 & 5
Kanbaru was amusing as usual, she pretty much brought this series up. It felt more like "monogatari" than the previous episodes. I enjoyed her answer at the end. :megusta:

To be perfectly honest, I don't remember who Nadeko is, but her initial commentary is pretty amusing.

This would be a good thing to watch while watching the series chronologically. It's a nice supplement, but some of this stuff is from so long ago that I have a hard time recalling the finer details.

I'm watching! At least I reached ep3 today.

It's a step down from the main series in several ways:
- It seems virtually all the music and much of the artwork is recycled.
- The animation overall isn't nearly as sharp as in the predecessors.
- Most importantly, so far all the events have proven to be forgettable, false alarms in the search for oddities.

However, with ep3 I realized that I was enjoying the show a lot -
the character interactions were true to expectations
All that setup for Hachikuji to explain she was searching for oddities to sell them to Araragi at an exorbitant price (but only after the usual back-and-forth about mangling his name ... and Hanekawa tsking over Araragi's failure to see the natural but threatening explanation
and in the end I was well entertained.

Could be it's worthwhile only for dedicated fans of the franchise, but it's good enough for me.

Yeah, it's a nice little add-on, if you're a fan of the franchise, then I think it's worth watching. Otherwise, I don't think there is much there for first timers.

I enjoyed this episode, mostly because of the fan service and Araragi family incest. Otherwise, I thought this was probably the weakest plot so far.

I don't remember Tsukihi being this energetic.
This may be my favorite episode so far, firstly because Kanbaru & Koyomi moments are always the best. Secondly, because of Koyomi's not caring about lying to his sisters. His laugh cracked me up.

Aside from that, the whole situation is one that I can sympathize with. I hate when you prove something and then others are like, "Well, whatever, that's your opinion." :flip:

Well, overall, it was simply a collection of shorts that supplements the main Monogatari series.
As I had mentioned before, it's probably best to watch these in conjunction with the main series, when they would chronologically fall in place, so the content is fresh in your mind.

They weren't as great as the main story because they were just short, one shots. But they were amusing, and if you enjoy the series they are worth watching.

4/5

Finally finished this - ep12 (and to some extent ep11) was very different from the preceding ...
I'd concluded that these were oddity-free filler stories that were relevant only; for filling out familiar characters, but ep11-12 introduced some serious action that seems integral to the main story.
TBH I haven't quite figured out where ep12's epilogue fits with what I've seen in other series, but I'm assuming it's canon.

The more serious content made the last two eps by far the most enjoyable.

I'll second the motion that serious fans of the series should watch this, and watch right to the end.

Back