Dagashi Kashi

I'm just going to hope by some miracle they manage to get the execution pitch perfectly, but I'm bracing myself for the incoming pain train.

Last edited:
Link for this one needs to be fixed.

Probably will wait to see reactions first. The studio isn't exactly a reliable one and the synop doesn't immediately grab my attention.

Last edited:
I'm just going to hope by some miracle they manage to get the execution pitch perfectly, but I'm bracing myself for the incoming pain train.

This is probably gonna hurt so bad. Comedic timing? Comedic expressions? Character personality presentation? Oh they'll fuck it...

Probably will wait to see reactions first. The studio isn't exactly a reliable one and the synop doesn't immediately grab my attention.
The manga is worth reading. Chapter 25 is probably the best one in a vacuum if you just really quickly want to get the gist of the series. All you need know of context is the basic series description.
Oh, and "Dagashi" is basically an old term for candy that can be bought with a traditional allowance. (like 120 yen or less)

This is probably gonna hurt so bad. Comedic timing? Comedic expressions? Character personality presentation? Oh they'll fuck it...

I know right? Hotaru, best girl, deserves only the best treatment in animated form!

1217582758764.jpg

And apparently, I've heard from raw viewers they cut out some material like this:
d010.jpg
........Fudging hell, I NEED to see it because I'm getting extremely morbidly curious now. Funimation, hurry your asses up with those subs.

They're cutting out zany jokes?
Oh for f...

I'm almost expecting them to try to turn it into a romcom instead then.

BB was right, this director is plain fucking awful. I'm officially blacklisting the guy. Too much punch was lost with the jokes, the timing was crappy overall, VA performances felt lacking(Besides Keiji Fujiwara) and to top it off, it's like they took out the above joke because they wanted to save on animation budget.

P.S. By the way that opening is terrible.

1:

Zzzzzzzz......

Also the OP and ED suck. Those had better be just placeholders.

NSFW
FdllL1p.gif

Also why does Hotaru look like she's covered in hickeys?

Last edited:
*sigh* It makes me so angry when you see panels like this:

d004.jpg

And compare it to how meh the anime feels.

Anyone thinking about starting this, just read the manga instead, it's way better than this.

Episode 1
They took a zany comedy, cut out jokes, and then dragged the pacing out to that of a typical SOL/romcom anime.
Did that somehow jibe well with the jokes?
1Z2lPxC.gif

Fuck this director.

You know, the manga doesn't start the strongest, but holy fuck does it seem grand compared to this shittyass pacing and utterly lackluster comedic timing!

Disappointed to see these reactions, I'm really struggling to read any manga these days and I was hoping that this could have been good to watch as I like the character designs and the premise seems quite fun.

I like the character designs and the premise seems quite fun.

Thiiiis is one of the things that really frustrate me. I LOVE Hotaru's character design, but it is squandered on this anime.

And damn if the fanart communities don't agree that her design is great. There's been a huge amount of fanart of her since the start.
I think one of my favorite is this one by BnHA's Horikoshiko
I always love it when big authors make fanart.

Episode 1

Average comedy is average.
The gags were mostly visual or made visual, the backgrounds seem to be good in this series for no real reason.
The fathers ''gag'' about being silly got dry before the second scene with it was over.

Other comedy was mostly derived from Hotaru being well, herself...

Thiiiis is one of the things that really frustrate me. I LOVE Hotaru's character design, but it is squandered on this anime.

And damn if the fanart communities don't agree that her design is great. There's been a huge amount of fanart of her since the start.
I think one of my favorite is this one by BnHA's Horikoshiko
I always love it when big authors make fanart.

And there's doujins, lots and lots and lots of doujins. *cough*

As an anime only viewer, I at least hope this show is at the very least passable for pure entertainment value. I'm only picking this up because I'm fascinated why I'm seeing this Hotaru character, while I add has a lovely character design, is being passed as a "trap". Unless you bastards were holding out on me and keeping this a secret when she is in fact a he. But I digress. Let's see how it goes.

I got this from the Anime Lottery.. and only a few minutes into episode 1...

Is this damn anime just a commercial for Japanese snacks?

Edit: End of Episode 1. Yes this is a commercial for Japanese snacks.
PhzQqGz.png
End of Episode 2:
The opening is just bad animation, and the ending is so lazy. Also, they have started incorporating other stuff one might find at a Dagashi shop, like Menko cards. Still not liking this anime
End of Episode 3:
Oh good, the first two episodes only had filler openings and endings. The new ones are much better. The weird fanservice of Hotaru thrown into the trivia about dagashi is throwing me off big time
End of Episode 4
The fugushi battle was probably the most interesting this anime has offered thus far.The Glico part was a bit dumb, though. Don't try to be a sports anime, Dagashi.
End of Episode 5
I kind of want the bottle Ramune now. Also, don't gamble on Japanese sweets, kids. This anime is slowly growing on me, but only because it's making me hungry.
I don't read much manga, so I don't have the righteous indignation that some have over the revamping of the comedy parts. But this anime... I dunno, man.

Last edited:
End episode 6
Saya wants to play doctor, but Kokonutsu just wants to eat candy. Poor Saya, she just wants the D...

Back