Assassination Classroom 2nd Season

Assassination Classroom 2nd Season
Alt title: Ansatsu Kyoushitsu 2nd Season

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here.

The link goes to Your Lie in April.

The first episode is out later today. This is one I'd skip if there were more stuff coming out this season. The first season was pretty meh in the end.

I just finished the 1st season a couple of days ago, and since it stopped where I stopped reading the manga I'm sort of looking forward to this.

1:
Well, it's like the show never even left since we picked up exactly from where the last season ended, right in the middle of the vacation. This probably would have worked better if they had used this to end season one since the appearance of the reaper and the increase of Koro-sensei's bounty would have made for decent sequel bait. Besides that, not really much else to talk about here. Just the students having fun and Karasuma proving once again that he's probably asexual

Last edited:
This should be better than season 1 and actually cover interesting parts so im looking forward to it! Season 1 finished just where the series starts getting good.

EP 1

BITCH-SENSIE!!!!!! Yup, it's back. Can't wait to see how they actually wrap this up. Or will they go the classic route of not actually killing him and give us one of those anime classic "it's up the the viewer to decide how it ends" type endings. Cause it feels like it will.

EP 1

BITCH-SENSIE!!!!!! Yup, it's back. Can't wait to see how they actually wrap this up. Or will they go the classic route of not actually killing him and give us one of those anime classic "it's up the the viewer to decide how it ends" type endings. Cause it feels like it will.

This is very much a case where the very fact that the manga is ongoing is enough to spoil the ending. There's just no way that'll be case unless the script ends up differing from the manga. With as much chapters left to adapt, I very much doubt that will happen. Koro-sensei is essentially the Roadrunner of anime, as in you don't tune in to see how him die so much as you do to see how the assassin(s) will screw up or how he'll escape. I just hope they don't asspull new abilities of his like the Absolute Defense bullshit from last season.

This is very much a case where the very fact that the manga is ongoing is enough to spoil the ending. There's just no way that'll be case unless the script ends up differing from the manga. With as much chapters left to adapt, I very much doubt that will happen. Koro-sensei is essentially the Roadrunner of anime, as in you don't tune in to see how him die so much as you do to see how the assassin(s) will screw up or how he'll escape. I just hope they don't asspull new abilities of his like the Absolute Defense bullshit from last season.

I think you may not want to watch then.

The reveal of that new assassin and the bounty being pushed up to 30 mil yen is a clear indication of that. Not to mention that council noticed that group efforts work better so we can expect assassin teams to show up and make Koro-sensei do some more crazy crap.

2:
Ah, a Forever Flat episode. Was expecting this to be a pure light-hearted gag episode, but then as it turns out the 2nd half was just a facade for another of Shiro's traps.

EP 2

Meh
I think it was a bit too early to bring those two back. Not to mention the cliche "we finally got him in a new trap" at the end of the episode act. Too soon. Hopefully it goes back to what it should be.

Episode 2:

For the most part I enjoyed the second episode more than I did the first one. The lighthearted bits of the episode weren't tainted by any of the usual cheese that comes with this series. I was also glad to see Karma do something for the first time this season as he's the most fun character aside from Koro-sensei.

I didn't really care much for the ending though, because the characters that set the trap were pretty boring during the first season and I doubt they will get any more interesting now. I can only hope that Koro's escape from the trap is something clever or amusing.

This was a mildly enjoyable episode so it's pretty much on par with the rest of the series. I'd say it's one of the better episode because it's largely free from the more annoying aspects of Ass Class.

Nothing special so far, just more of the same. Enjoyable none the less. Glad to see them getting into a story arc right off the bat.

Episode 3:

This was the kind of Ass Class episode that I really dislike.
There was very little humor and a ton of obnoxious cheese. Itona and Shiro weren't that interesting during the first season and that trend continues in the second season. I can only hope that Itona will fade to the background now that he's joined E Class. The backstory for Itona doesn't have any bite to it. It just ends up feeling like the set up for a very generic life lesson.

Also, Koro's escape from the trap was pretty silly. There wasn't any netting on the bottom so he could have just dug under it like he did with the pudding last week. It just seemed like a weird time to force in a new ability for Koro. He already outclasses everyone in the series so it doesn't seem like he would need any new abilities to make him even harder to kill. It'd be one thing if his new power were flashy and cool looking, but it wasn't. There was the whole theme of him learning from teaching, but it was kinda just thrown in there among all the other cheese.

Episode 4:

Wow, the code name segment was stunningly lame. It was a good chance to come up with some funny code names, but I didn't find a single one of the names to be amusing, which made entire thing feel pointless. This could have been hilarious if done properly, but all the names were all so damn lazy.

The first half of the episode was okay, though. I think they could have pushed it further and gotten more humor out of it, but it was a fine way to show Itona is starting to integrate with the class.

Then the episode ends with the horrible principal character and his asshole son. Those characters were some of the ones I disliked most during the first season. They're not fun or interesting villains at all.

Two major segments this week one was okay and the other was really lame. Both could have been much funnier with better writing that pushed the boundaries instead of sticking to the mostly mundane.

6:

Yeah, I guess it's better to not question the logistics of a bunch of misfit kids fully granting a daycare a pro-level make-over liker that. Supercomputer moephone or no.

otherwise this show continues being just ok. I'll have to admit. That one sassy kid was pretty adorbs tho.

Episode 7

Well it's a two parter it seems which is frustrating in some ways and good in others. The whole first half was a little awkward to say the least. The action scenes felt rather weird as well and served more as padding than amounting to anything. All in all if it ends interestingly after this whole twist we have one of the more creative arcs so far but I'm not holding my breath too much.

^ Yeah,
I think they'll go straight for Bitch-sensei is faking it to get a leg up on the villain. Hopefully Reaper will be expecting a double cross. After the buildup about him being such a pro, it would suck for Reaper to fall for such an obvious ploy and if he does I'll feel a bit cheated.

Back