Heavy Object

Let's see...J.C. Staff, it's a light novel adaptation, Hiroyuki Yoshino screenplay, and kids piloting mechs? I smell failure all over this.

EDIT: So I spotted a wonderful gif from the episode:

tumblr_nvlsjc0Oib1s307p6o2_500.gif

Uh-huh, I think I'm going to be fully avoiding this.

Last edited:
Not really a fan of Index and Railgun, but this seems entertaining so far. I heard a lot of good stuff about the LN though, but we'll see.

Episode 1

Well, it had mechs and lots of dialogue focussing on boobs with some scenes about boobs.
Seems like brainless fun...

Anime was rather obvious about a lot of things.

Let's see...J.C. Staff, it's a light novel adaptation, Hiroyuki Yoshino screenplay, and kids piloting mechs? I smell failure all over this.

EDIT: So I spotted a wonderful gif from the episode:

tumblr_nvlsjc0Oib1s307p6o2_500.gif

Uh-huh, I think I'm going to be fully avoiding this.

I think I'll be watching it based on the gif :megusta:

There is too much to complain about that Im not even gonna bother with anything specific. Overall it's really stupid, and it's not fun.
It's garbage.

EP 1

I had high hopes. But the MC is killing it for me.

Insert your classic "princess" pilot with the typical hair style to follow the monotone robotic response. Then you add the MC and his partner in crime, who act like a bunch of high schoolers, that cause problems when there perverse tendencies kick in.

I'm praying that this doesn't become a trend. I can understand having the tag along friend play the pervert part, but for the MC to be that way as well.....UGH. Don't forget to add the typical big breasted superior officer. I'm seeing a trend that I'm not liking already.

EP 2

Well, we got more of the internal dialogue that we could have been without. It go a bit better...until we find out she's 14 and he's still grabbing her tits. UGH.

As for the next episode, is he planning on hijacking the other object?

Episode 2.
Good and bad points.

Good points.
The Object fight (Though sadly short) was kind of awesome. As was Water Strider torching their base.

Bad points.
Everything else. This guys idiotic and hackneyed reason for playing the hero. Ugh. And of course, he manages to get over his "I can't kill people" conflict by running into the stereotypical "We're so evil!" soldiers you see in shows like this. Like he has any room to talk, considering he felt up a 14 year old and acted proud of it.

Saw ep1-2.
I managed to get past the pervy fascination with princess' uniform and the mishap with the harness adjustment, but combining the age with the "oh yeaahh" when she conveniently falls on him is definitely skeezy.
Too bad, because I was prepared to enjoy the david-vs-goliath plot they're setting up, even if it's heavy-handed.
May not be able to handle much more of this - sorta depends on whether it focuses on the combat.

EP 3

Well, it kida redeemed itself from the last pervy situation. Figures they would get assigned to the princess and get moved elsewhere. Wonder if this is going to be a rinse/repeat series of battles.

Episode 3.
That...wasn't terrible, actually.
Blonde Guys white knight bullshit is still tiresome, but the rest was kinda cool. Especially how they took out Water Strider like that.

ep3 - Better in some ways ..
Avoided the blatant perviness, and I didn't mind that the implausible conjuring of an awards banquet so princess (not to mention the utterly implausible commander) could make an appearance in a different outfit.
And disabling the Water Strider through clever sabotage was fine too.

No, I just found it ridiculous that prisoners held at gunpoint by a ruthless enemy would still be alive after
a) jumping the interrogating officer
b) setting off massive explosions that destroyed their "invincible" mech
c) standing in the blast wave of said massive explosion with maybe a couple of pieces of debris to hide behind
d) setting off more explosions while making minimal effort to take cover from the defenders

Suspension of disbelief was impossible.

At best on the fence.

Back