Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen

EP 1

Sooooo, we are going from this

24.jpg

to this?

vlcsnap-6732-10-13-04h24m52s552.png

AKA a bad ass motherfucker to some lazy ass bitchy guy who looks like he was either sent to another dimension or was in some type of cryo-stasis and awoke like Saber marionette or something.

This may take some getting use to.

EP2

Well, that was a bit better. It's showing how smart he may be......HOWEVER, there is already a masked man? WTF? So we are already being shown, this early, who his alternate/half is? If this is anything like the other Utawayaypiouwejrjadsf then that means they are one in the same, are the only original humans left, AND, there is a secret lab hidden in the mountains with an orbiting satellite somewhere in space. Can't wait to see how this goes.

EP 3

YAY. Masked man showed up. Granted it was for, like, 30 sec.

I just realized that this show is doing it backwards. The first Utawa-ever had the mask Haku be all strong, smart, outgoing and good with weapons. This one, we have the complete opposite. He has no mask, is lazy and weak. Yet they both have amazing sense of their surroundings and in battles.

Wonder how this show will go. I'm guessing it's still going to use the same premise as before; guy awakes after XXX time in cryo-sleep. It's the same planet, with test subjects taking over the world. Guy must find his other half to link up with and calm what ever storm is coming. Meanwhile, some massive satellite is orbiting in space.

EP 4

SOOO, do were we finally introduced to the other human? I'm guessing his age is showing just how long he had to wait for the next one to be awakened. Does this also mean we will soon see a Lord Haku again?

Also, bullshit on that big reveal. I was hoping, the entire time, that the masked man was his other human half. Dammit to hell.

EP 6

OMG OMG OMG

IT'S KARURA AND TOKUA, KAMYU, URUTORI and ARURUU!!!!!:smile:

omg%2Bomg%2Bomg.jpg

Why do I have this strange feeling that she's the daughter of the "1st" Haku and Eruruu or Eruruu reincarnated like Haku is/was or how ever the anime wants to deviate from the VN?

For those of you who don't remember or haven't seen the first season/story of Utawarararaemumuramumemoo.......

These are the characters. :troll:
Characters-utawarerumono.jpg

EP 7

Nothing much here. Just a filler episode...well sort of. I mean, you finally meet the princess, daughter of the emperor. But that doesn't say much. You could almost skip this and miss nothing.

EP 8

First of all, how the hell did he not say that someone jumped from the window claiming they had evidence of corruption when that guy stated they couldn't find anything. Secondly, the roof of that place at the end was made of metal plates.....He's back in the underground facility!!!!!

Finally.......that shadow...it's....it's.......KAMYU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EP 11

Man. I was falling asleep during this episode until
that fight scene started. When the hell did Haku get so bad ass that he could fight on par with him? Also, putting him in charge of those two is a fate worse than death.

EP 12

Very interesting.

So, Haku got play twins who can do what ever he wants to them? Flesh Dolls? I'll take a pair please.:troll: If you recall season 1, there was another character that had twins who followed him all over the place and wanted THE D. However, unlike Haku, he did't hold back.:troll:

So, now we get to the real part of this story. The battle is about to begin. Can't wait to see how Haku is used in all of this, how he and what's her face finally pair up, and what the emperor really knows about Haku (even though we all know where he came from and what happened to the planet long ago in a galaxy far far away....BAAAAAA bununummmm bununumm Badatatatadaduuuummmmm (star wars intro).

EP 13

First off, new intro. And what is it that we see in the new intro?

utawa%252520demon.jpg
Remember that thing? Hell yeah.

Here is what I can surmise so far.

EP 1-12 was an introduction to the new cast, who they are (personalities and beliefs) and any backstory they could fit in. 13 and onward is the actual story where a lot of the politics and action will happen. Hell, we even got a new intro. Things are about to pick up.

And if that monster/dragon/demon thing (see season 1 to fully understand what it is) was shown, we can expect something sad to happen in the end. Wonder if the season 1 cast will show up again and
the first Haku will make an appearance.

WARNING SEASON 1 SPOILERS ARE INCLUDED!!!

PLEASE DO NOT OPEN UNLESS YOU HAVE SEEN SEASON 1 AS THIS MAY SPOIL THAT SEASON AND WHAT HAPPENS THIS SEASON SINCE MY THEORIES WILL REVOLVE AROUND SEASON 1 AND WHAT HAS HAPPENED THERE

In season 1 we were finally shown why Haku lost his memories, had all those issues, and how he and his other half had that final fight/merge. I feel as though history is going to repeat itself and the first Haku will show up and merge with the second Haku. However, since the old man is human, like the first season, it could also mean that, like the Matrix, this has happened many time before, and the first Haku is the bad/out of control version and the current Haku will have to merge with the crazy one to stabilize it.

But I feel that this is the final chapter to this long story and could end it differently to wrap everything all up. vs having both Haku's have to merge or what ever it was to be able to calm the beast.

What I would really like to see is the reintroduction of the lab that all the "Hakus" are kept, the satellite that is orbiting the earth, and what the humans from the passed hoped to accomplish. I know this was covered in season 1, but I don't think it was really explained much. I doubt they will get into it. Maybe the manga has the real explanation.

EP 15

STOP!!!STOP!!!STOP!!!STOP!!!STOP!!!STOP!!! Da fuck just happened? REALLY?:flip:

First of all, that fight scene where he cut up old man daddy was insane. Slapchop has nothing on this guy. But onto the really issue at hand.

HOW IN THE EVER LIVING FUCK ARE THEY ALL MONSTERS????!!!!!!

This goes against S1. So now 8 of them can transform? What I need to know is how much time passed from when Haku version 1 went to slumber and Haku v2 awoke. This would help with my theory.

What I think is that the old man is Haku v1 and did some tests to make sure the new power works. Then he gave it to the 8 pillars. However, this goes against everything S1 told us since Haku v1 was the only one that could turn into it/was it. Does that mean that the old man isn't Haku and Haku v1 is still around?

This episode just threw everything out the window and I am so lost now. It didn't help that the girls from S1 were in it as well. Or where they just here for a "cameo" and we should forget everything about S1? DAMMIT TO HELL!!!!:flip:

Also, how dare you give us a bath scene with all the guys as the next episode after some crazy shit like this? S1 was nothing but serious. Stop jumping back and forth. Now that the big toys have been revealed, it's time to go hard or go home.

EP 16

THEY SHOWED THE FUCKING SATELLITE AND DNA SEQUENCE IN THE PREVIEW!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY SHIT!!!!! They gave away the secret without me having to do it. HAHAHAA. I love this show.

This entire time I would chant to show the satellite right when the preview starts. Then it happened. I freaked out. LOL

EP 17

First, a recap of season 1.
this is very important to what I'm about to mention afterwards. YOU MUST HAVE WATCHED S1 TO BE ABLE TO READ BELOW!!!
The Iceman was non other than the original scientist that discovered the mask/fossil. He was eventually betrayed and shot in front of it, spilling his blood on it. Centuries later, the "iceman" was found by the survivors and given that name. It's at this point he doesn't remember anything from the past and the mask won't come off. After some time, he falls in love with a decoy that was tasked to take care of him.

A scientist that was responsible for taking care of him decides to set him and the decoy free. Iceman (no goose or maverick) settle down and she eventually becomes pregnant. Sadly, the other scientists catch up and recapture them. When Iceman wakes up, he's bound to a wall and was told his wife and child were dicested and preserved because they she was the first documented decoy to become pregnant and give birth. They excitedly express that the iceman project was a success and that fake the fake masks that would allow humans to become immortal were complete.

Iceman was so outraged at humanities disregard for like that he awakened the powers within and become the true form of the fossil mask......that turned out to be a god. He declares that if immortality is what humanity desired then that is what they would receive. It was at that moment that the Iceman/God turned all the humans into "the cursed" as they could never die nor be killed in that form.

Eventually the iceman/god returns to a slumber for several hundred years. He wakes up, again, with no memories of his past. He is eventually found and given the name Haku. After a LONG journey he is reunited with his other half that was separated from him and goes back to slumber yet again. It was during his journey that he founded tuskuru and formed a "family" of his own.

Now on to season 2 and this episode.

We are finally given an in depth look at what went on hundreds of years ago. It's finally revealed that Haku is actually the emperors younger brother and that they had been working on some type of experiment. If you noticed, iceman was on the screen in the background. That means that they and other shelters had been working on the iceman project as a whole. At some point the younger brother agrees to be part of the experiment and somehow manages to go into slumber.

Well, shit went down, the iceman went all ham and ppl turned to jelly. It's at this point the older brother decides to find a cure. After making decoys, especially of those that he lost (wife, daughter, brother), he sets off to teach the new decoys and find the cure. He eventually finds some shelters but has no luck.

His brother finally comes out of slumber and reunites with the older brother. The older brother is now happy that his younger brother can take over the research to find a cure and turn everyone back.

At the very end of the episode, we are shown the original S1 cast in a meeting. They refuse to show the location of the shelter and made a very important statement.......He has returned home and is resting.

This gave me more questions than answers.
  1. What was the experiment that the brothers where dong and Haku v2.0 decided to be the guinea pig for?
  2. How long was Haku 2.0 out for?
  3. How did the emperor know about the masks true power?
  4. Why did he give them to the decoys and not himself
  5. How did the experiment that Haku 2.0 did change his body/DNA?
  6. How how much time has passed since S1 because the ending assumes that Haku 1.0 is back and in slumber?
  7. Why did the iceman go to slumber after being shot?
  8. Why did he go back to slumber after curing everyone?

If this is a 24 ep show then they have a lot to answer in just 7 episodes.......my head hurts.

head-exploding.gif

EP 18
Aww.

Ep 19

What the hell?

Why would she lead them off like that? What is going on?

EP 20

What a battle.

WTF!!!! That ending ending.

EP 21

WHAT?!!!!!!!!!
This is getting out of control. I don't know who to trust. How does this tie in with the girls from S1?

EP 22

So much going on. All I know is someone's death flag has been raised.

EP 23

HAHAHAHAHA
oxcUjQd.png

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?!!!
etzByou.png

So her dad was the original Haku?

EP 24

Oh my fuck. That was intense. How did Haku survive that fire?
Also, his leg was all sparkly. The way she started to cry, while healing, makes me think he's going to die in a sparkly Twilight fashion. LOL

End
I saw something barely good at the end, but all in all it´s a bad second season. If they perhaps go on, please find back the beauty and strogness of S1...!!!

Back