One-Punch Man

Initially, when I saw this, I was neutral about it. But when looking through the Fall list again it caught my eye. So I think this will be one of the things I watch this Fall.

Is there any info on the expected number of episodes yet? I really hope they go beyond what the Murata version has so far.

I'm glad it's Madhouse though, if it wasn't the animation might not measure up to Murata's art

Episode 1

That was fun, and it did the manga justice in my eyes
Trying to animate Murata's art is going to be nearly impossible, so this was more of a halfway point between ONE and Murata, leaning more towards the latter than the former, the action flowed nicely, and they got the contrast between Saitama's bored look and the massive detail of some of the enemies just right.

It made for a good introductory episode, we get to see an insight into Saitama's life, how he has become disillusioned with fighting because everything ends after one punch, and the thrill has completely disappeared for him. Looking forward to seeing more of it anyway.

Episode 1

That was fun, and it did the manga justice in my eyes
Trying to animate Murata's art is going to be nearly impossible, so this was more of a halfway point between ONE and Murata, leaning more towards the latter than the former, the action flowed nicely, and they got the contrast between Saitama's bored look and the massive detail of some of the enemies just right.

It made for a good introductory episode, we get to see an insight into Saitama's life, how he has become disillusioned with fighting because everything ends after one punch, and the thrill has completely disappeared for him. Looking forward to seeing more of it anyway.

I thought this didn't start until October?

Episode 1

The subtitles were kind of unreliable, but overall pretty glorious. Both ridiculous and amazing. I plan to start reading the manga.

They got the faces right. Dandy director went all out. Jam Project doing the OP. Dat budget.

All in all, it seems like this is going to be a decent adaptation.

Thank you, Based Madhouse.

Episode 1:

I'm together with you that this seems like a good adaptation so far. Pacing is well done, and it's fun.

Episode 1
This was a ton of fun, and I feel like Madhouse has got the feel of this series down perfectly.
Now it's obvious they can't quite animate it at a level comparable to Murata's high-detail scenes, but they still do a damn good job at it, and they're also using the artistic contrast for great effect, like
when Saitama is obviously amused at the giant killing his brother, and he's just looking at him with that stupid face.
:laugh:
Provided the anime doesn't just suddenly run out of budget money, this is going to be a damn joy to watch.

I really loved the music in this episode. It's done by Makoto Miyazaki, who seems to be a rather new name to anime as far as composition is concerned.
He's done to composition of the OPs and EDs of a few other series, notably Hyou-ka, but Triage X seems to be the only other anime he's done the whole soundtrack for.
I haven't heard a single good thing about Triage X, but I looked up the soundtrack, and it seems undeservedly good for a show like that.
It actually reminds me a lot of the Kill la Kill ost. More of that, please.

The animation was fantastic, especially towards the end. I had read a handful chapters of this back in the day and from what I can remember the anime really livened things up. The art for the manga is glorious and the pace is good, but this version was definitely more exciting/fun for me. Voice for the protagonist is perfect and I quite enjoyed the OST too. TLDR - Sasuga Madhouse.

I think the next episode will get to and probably pass the point at which I stopped reading. Looking forward to more of this.

I found the opening to be gloriously cheesy in the best way for the show. Like everything Jam Project does, really.

KODOKU NA HEROOOOOOOOO

Looks like Madhouse decided to take Kill la Kill's visuals, and apply it to a new show. I'm fine with that.

I'm glad I'm not the only one to think of that. The animation reminds me a lot of Gainax/Kill la kill. There was a ton of movement shown, but it was rough around the edges much like Kill la Kill. There was more budget at work here though.

Anyway this was a breathe of fresh air in a stale year of anime. This episode had me hooked from the very start and I even laughed out loud several times. Saitama's various facial expressions were hilarious, but my favorite moment was
when he woke up from the dream to see the real subterranean dwellers. My heart went out to the poor guy, but then I lost it again when they set up the sign that they were sorry for invading.

I have no idea where the show is going to go from here, but this was a great parody of a super hero's backstory and the MC is fun as hell. I think I finally have something to look forward to each week other than Gintama and Haikyuu.

Back