Seiyuu's Life!

ep1

Voice acting through the eyes of what appears to be Nagato uki...............interesting.

Show has some funny moments and looks informative.

definitely more entertained by this 1st episode than I was from Shirabako's 1st episode, I'm in at least for now.

To add my two cents, it's like a very half-baked Shirobako at best from my perspective. The moe and silly gags made me cringe kinda hard. I really prefer the more serious and realistic approach Shiro had going for it. However, the Seiyuu-specific stuff does have my attention but this really isn't going to be for many people at all unless you really like this kind of thing and don't mind cutesy shenanigans. It's just mildly okay.

To add my two cents, it's like a very half-baked Shirobako at best from my perspective. The moe and silly gags made me cringe kinda hard. I really prefer the more serious and realistic approach Shiro had going for it. However, the Seiyuu-specific stuff does have my attention but this really isn't going to be for many people at all unless you really like this kind of thing and don't mind cutesy shenanigans. It's just mildly okay.

I was on the fence about this one, but after reading this I think I'll skip it and watch Shirobako instead. This season is even more loaded with moe than usual. I'm not fan of moe antics even if I do think it has a time and a place, but for something like this I'd prefer a more realistic approach. I've got enough on my plate this season anyway. Plus Gonzo isn't exactly my favorite studio and they haven't made anything worthwhile in years.

I'd say you're definitely making the right choice, Shirobako is really such a great show and I doubt you'll be disappointed with it. :drinking:

2 episodes in, I want moe!

2 episode in Shirabako, I couldn't take anymore.................

Seriously though, I'll have to finish it some day to see what the noise is about. What worries me is while the 2 1st episode were boring me out of my mind, people were already raving at that point, so I don't think I'd like it if I continued.

I wanted to watch this because of how the art is done by Hayate the Combat Butler!'s mangaka, but I'm glad I picked this up either way. I can appreciate how it gives an introduction and some overview to what it's like to be a seiyuu, a vocation until now I hadn't gotten to experience much in the form of anime or manga, aside from a bit in REC.

Episode 01

"Could you try to sound like a girl with bigger boobs?" What does that even sound like? :laugh: That was almost offensive. He should have said to use a more mature or older voice, not that.

Episodes 02 and 03

No comment.

I find it interesting how the three seiyuu sing the climax of a popular OP or ED at the end of each episode as part of its own ED - this is definitely something I'll be looking forward to with each episode. I didn't recognize the one for the second episode, but it was Evangelion and C3 for episodes 1 and 3, respectively.

ep 4

I like were this is going.........

mainly because I love the OP and ED themes, the potential is high for taking an idol route. If that becomes the focus for the rest of the show, they might just be the most developed idol group in anime...........can't say I saw this coming but it's great that they mix things up to keep it interesting. If it played out were they just got progressingly stronger roles added with the trivia that goes along with how more lines affect them, it may have gotten tiresome.............so yeah

Hi all,

I'll be posting a new Anime-Planet Recommends column on Crunchyroll tomorrow, about summer series. We're missing a lot of recs this season, would really appreciate your help in filling some in today (fodder for tomorrow's article! ^_^)

Sora ga Seiyu only has two series recommended, both by the same person (with 1 vote each). Ideally there would be a lot more! Or even if you agree with these two, please add your reason so it looks more solid :) https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/sore-ga-seiyuu/recommendations

Halp, plz? :love:

CLICK HERE to add recommendations for the anime!

Ep 6

they tackle another harsh part of the industry here............

I saw the tragedy coming when she was acting like the job was already hers before receiving any calls or anything. I just didn't expect her friend to get the part........

on that note, the producer of the show is a dick. Being aware of the radio show as a way to promote the anime, he had to know that green hair was co-anouncing the radio show with the person that held the same part previously, but he still tells her to break the news there........

Well.........I guess there is no compassion when money is making...........

Started watching this a few days ago. It's no Shirobako or Genshiken, but it's decent and entertaining enough. Also, I know the guy who did Hayate the Combat Butler was the artist of the manga, so is this set in the same universe?

Started watching this a few days ago. It's no Shirobako or Genshiken, but it's decent and entertaining enough. Also, I know the guy who did Hayate the Combat Butler was the artist of the manga, so is this set in the same universe?

Yep, it indeed does.

nice episode showing the girls all have their separate paths and can manage on their own.

I just love the endings. The song is catchy and the way they split it into sections is more thought out than the typical ed. Song -> free talk -> song -> featured song -> and then preview of next episode while wrapping up the song.

I wish the suburbs would at least sub the free talk portion of the ed..........

anyways, next episode looks to be something I was looking forward to, the performance of the earphones. I'm looking forward to see what they perform.......a never before heard song, or the op or ed..............

I cant help but not like the high school girl even though she's so nice and acts unpresumptuous :/ I think just the action of going for an adult job as a child makes you presumptuous... eh. I try to not be so harsh but.... I don't like lil miss perfect. She needs to have a secret drug problem or something to make her more interesting and less retardedly moe.

I actually find Hikari more likable than all three of the main characters... and I want her blue dress :hamster:

tootalls, there are a decent amount of groups doing the series if you look on anidb.. http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=11011 I know I cant give recs and talk about who but even though I haven't checked it out, I'll bet at least one of them does the eds.. Maybe check the slower ones first, maybe they take longer for a reason... Im sure there's a good chance you already know this but just in case I thought I'd suggest it.

If I can't post links to outside sites I'm extremely sorry. I haven't been able tofind the main rules (only the sub forum rules, like this one) *bows to mod-san*

This anime was pretty nice. I didn't have any expectations at first, but I ended up liking it a lot. As mentioned before, it's not on par with Shirobako and Genshiken, but this is a solid show about the anime industry.

Also, Futaba might be struggling, but the same could not be said for her seiyu, Rie Takahashi. She really hit it this season. Three main roles in one season. She's already got a major role for next season. She's got a bright future and one of the better newcomers this year.

well then, certainly enjoyed the ride............shame this one was missed by a lot of people but the wrap up was fine and I really don't need anymore.

Gonna miss the revolving ed's though.

3.5/5

Back