Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri

I started reading the manga for this a couple of months ago and I enjoyed it (although some parts were a bit too graphic for my tastes) and I am quite looking forward to watching it
but after seeing this: http://i.imgur.com/4nzWL75.jpg
I have a horrible feeling that im going to be disappointed.

This is the kind of premise that sounds cool but most often ends up a hot mess. I might pick it up if initial responses make me curious.

episode 1:
a good start, decent OP and good pacing however
I think more needed to be shown of the empire's victory at ginza
though all in all a solid first episode

Getting ready to start watching this, but.....

Wasn't there already an anime done about a gate to another world opening up, some guy being chosen by the government to go and teach/learn about the ppl, and then he falls for the girl?

Why yes. There was an anime like that, well maybe except for the guy falls for girl part.... I think. There wasn't any indication it was like, lovu lovu...

I'm sure you're wondering what exactly that anime is..... I'd tell you but where's the fun in that? =^)

Why yes. There was an anime like that, well maybe except for the guy falls for girl part.... I think. There wasn't any indication it was like, lovu lovu...

I'm sure you're wondering what exactly that anime is..... I'd tell you but where's the fun in that? =^)

You sominab.........

First episode set it off really good. I'm surprised they made an otaku actually be a badass. However, I'm nervous that this could be a fluke and his otaku side may interfere and make him drop to the douche level.

IF he holds true to how he was in episode 1, then this is going to be one hell of a show. If not, then it will turn into just another amazing start with a mediocre finish and an MC who develops into a stereotypical comic nerd.

EP 1

The episode started off all over the place, If you read the synop before hand unlike me, you'd probably caught on to wtf was happening before I did.

I wasn't sure what was going on until half way through when the episode's pace slowed down. Even knowing what it was about, I wasn't interested in seeing anymore from this show until the very end.

I just have to see how things turn out on the other side before I right this one off.

Episode 1:

I like big time! It is not really that much like outbreak company. OC was just an teen otaku harem fantasy in which an otaku was sent to another world to teach about Japanese Mangaka culture. For starters the characters in Gate are adults and not kids. The Gate scenario is more mature and so far it seems to clash a fantasy and the real world in quite a realistic fashion.

At first I was worried cause once the attack started it was frantic and bloodless. Eventually the chaos effect started settling and bodies started popping everywhere. The attention to military designs and background detail is great. Even the overwhelming power of modern tech vs old warfare was clear as expected. Ofc now the only thing which can bring balance to the power is the use of magical warfare by the enemy. We have to wait till next episode to see.

Yes the MC is a goofy otaku but he is also a trained soldier and his response to the incident was timely and made sense. I find his goofiness and lack of ambition to be a needed humour factor to lighten up what is essentially a dark scenario. Ofc these attributes also make sense on an otaku and in a way finding himself within a fantasy world, he will have better experience than his comrades in dealing with fantasy and supernatural forces. (Yes this part resembles part of the OC opening plot)

What I found funny but disliked was the fact that amidst the chaos he still kept on brooding about missing the sale. Also I would have loved to know what happened to the enemy general and the captured enemy soldiers.

I am thrilled to see why this world was compelled to make the mistake to invade ours ... hope they do not ruin it (like so many other anime with good potential openings did last season)

Last edited:
The manga i love because it's this great clash between our world and a fantasy one in a none childish way. I saw the first episode and i'm just left going, Meh. So i'm a bit worried about how this will turn out and hope to god it stays as a mature action packed culture mash story and doesn't devolve into some crappy harem one.

Whelp, looks like the wife and I will be starting this one tonight. The premise sure sounds cool and now I'm a bit intrigued to see the MC.

This seems like a pretty cool series.
I really dig the idead of modern military vs. fantasy, there's just so much they could do with it.

Interesting, this series is 24 episodes long. Well, good luck guys. You're gonna need it.

I would like to point out whatever I don't watch on a seasonal basis, I personally think they'll turn out, not to my liking or simply, shit. And this has been proven true 99.9% of the time. The .1 being Denpa Kyoushi (Though initially I didn't want to watch it. It was just there at the time and I was drunk)

Still, you don't have to take my word for it. I'm just joking around when I make these sort is statements. Its fun to psychologically mess with you all and to prove my word is fact. Also, I rarely read the source material.

That being said, I still think a 24 episode series about a government and fantasy world colliding has to go sour eventually.

well based on the ed visuals, the current interesting tension may ten into a harem kind of thing with cat girls and shit but it might just be teaser visuals that never come into fruition like the happy go lucky shit in Madoka Magika.................

The first episode didn't grab my attention as strongly as most in this thread though.............

Back