Rainy Cocoa

I had a hard time finding this thread because I keep calling this one Chocolate Rain. It's pretty whatever so far. Two minutes isn't enough to establish any of the characters and none of it is particularly funny. The premise isn't even mentioned all that much which is probably for the best considering how stupid it is.

Even at two minutes it's a waste of time.

^Yeah, I didn't realize it was short either.... only two minutes? That's less than I Can't Understand My Husband... doesn't even really seem worth it.

Episode 4:

1. This show is bullshit it's called Rain Cocoa, but the Cafe is Rainy Color. Couldn't even get that detail right. I would have brought this up before but this episode featured the Rainy Color mugs pretty prominently and I wouldn't be surprised if they were being sold as merch somewhere and this was product placement.

2. That was one shitty looking Pomeranian.

3. Main character is a really fucking idiot. Acting like a dog because the guy that insulted him likes dogs. Nice way to be spineless.

Episode 4:

1. This show is bullshit it's called Rain Cocoa, but the Cafe is Rainy Color. Couldn't even get that detail right. I would have brought this up before but this episode featured the Rainy Color mugs pretty prominently and I wouldn't be surprised if they were being sold as merch somewhere and this was product placement.

2. That was one shitty looking Pomeranian.

3. Main character is a really fucking idiot. Acting like a dog because the guy that insulted him likes dogs. Nice way to be spineless.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say this is your favorite show of the Spring.

>_>

ZK, pls, this thing's got nothing on Vampire Holmes and you know it. I think the show's called Rainy Cocoa because of the hot chocolate thing? It's in the description, but it's not like they ever mentioned it or anything. Not that I'd know, because even though it's just 2 minutes long, it fails to hold my attention for an entire episode.

You've got me there Vampire Holmes is at least entertaining in how bad it is.

Yeah, you'd only get the title if you read the description because the show doesn't mention it. I still think they should have used Chocolate Rain for the OP.

I don't even know what the point of the show is. It's not like anything that happens has to do with the premise or the set up. It's just some uninteresting guys working in a cafe. I much prefer the one about vegetables drinking away their depression in a bar while live action bartender takes jabs at them.

And thus ends the most pointless show of the spring season. At least Vampire Holmes exists as an advertisement for the mobile game. Chocolate Rain doesn't even have that much of an excuse for existing. The premise is just an excuse for a cute guys working in a cafe show, which would be fine if the show was actually cute, funny or really anything at all. It was just a bunch of random shit happening for two minutes week and then it ended just as weakly as it started. 4 out of 10

To be honest, I think this was made to promote the first ever bilingual voiced manga... or something like that? Still, completely agreed on the pointlessness.

I was promised bishies. Where were the bishies? The show was only two minutes and yet they still managed to let the characters go off-model every second or two. That was basically the most mind-boggling thing about this series. The main dude had so many derp faces, it was pretty hard to find him an acceptable character image. And then that godawful opening. Fuuu--....

Yup, you'd think a short could at least deliver on the cute boys part of things, but the characters were pretty unattractive even without the derp faces. The painting at the end was probably the best piece of art in the anime and it was a silly Picasso ripoff.

And thus ends the most pointless show of the spring season. At least Vampire Holmes exists as an advertisement for the mobile game. Chocolate Rain doesn't even have that much of an excuse for existing. The premise is just an excuse for a cute guys working in a cafe show, which would be fine if the show was actually cute, funny or really anything at all. It was just a bunch of random shit happening for two minutes week and then it ended just as weakly as it started. 4 out of 10

a 4/10 still seems too high for what you described

I score a little easier on shorts and even if the show was completely pointless I didn't find it painful to watch. It was more a show that I watched then completely forgot existed until the new episode came out.

Back