Ultimate Otaku Teacher

Episode 1

Well, just from the first sequence, I feel like it has potential.

Ah, I already like this show. :smile:
This may be my favorite of the Spring Season....
It's moving along pretty well. :love:

It's like if Zelos Wilder had an anime focused around him.... I'm in love.

"I only have one point in strength."
This show is getting higher and higher scores every minute I watch.

8-12 made my day, that in of itself is worth a half a point raise. This may very well end up being 5/5 off the bat.

This is my favorite show this whole season. He didn't even try to disguise himself, he used the internet to defeat these bullies, and then someone said trolled.

5/5 ftw.

I hope this keeps going with the same pace. It'll be sad if it declines.

Episode 1

Well the setup is quite interesting but not phenomenal as it's still not very original.
The art style is rather messy and mildly inconsistent. Both the ED and the OP are cookie cutter. Then we have the characters which are rather peculiar. Sensei is quite different from the norm yet very much a cliché while the ''first girl'' is fairly cliché as well despite having some backstory behind her actions.

Overall, I'd say It's watchable and okay.

Episode 1
Meh, not really funny in the slightest way possible. And even if this series isn't meant to be a full comedy, it is loud during the first half, boring, poorly paced with the exposition being rushed and has this uninteresting premise of the main character having to help his students through difficult times of being a student. Its like I'm watching Assassination Classroom all over again, minus the assassinating. And by that I mean helping people through their struggles...

Was i really that interested in this show, goes to check list. Oh good, I wasn't.

Horrible animation but I think the quality of the show goes beyond that. At the same time it's nothing special................

we'll see, probably will end up on my stalled list like.......................ASS CLASS....and a lot of things that weren't particularly motivating.

Episode 1:

....That was utterly fucking awful and clumsy. I feel like this episode was trying it's best to offend the crap out of me. The main character is just incredibly annoying and obnoxious with his bravado and a total asshole, he's not funny at all much like how the rest of the humour fell completely flat. Hiroshi Kamiya also plays the part way too over the top for my tastes which only added on to the nausea factor and in general I think the voice acting was actually kind of bad which the exact same thing applies to the animation here. BGM-wise.....erm yeah, it got to the point where I'd rather be listening to nails being scratched against a chalkboard if I come clean about it.

To sum it up, this really feels like a much more inferior version of GTO.

Episode 2

Hey, animators. If you don't have the budget to animate something?

Don't bloody animated it.

What the flying fuck was this shit. The first half of the episode was painful to look at.

The second half was barely watchable but better

The Seiyuu other than the male lead also didn't spare half a shit apparently most of the time.

Last edited:
Episode 2:

As Etue put it, just absolutely diabolical animation and diabolical voice acting. Did A1-Pictures even give a fuck about this anime? Because it really doesn't seem like it. I have to mention in particular, Suzune's voice was especially the stuff of nightmares and I swear they must have shoved a dying cat down her throat or something.

Onto the episode itself, same old contrived bullshit where none of it makes a lick of a sense. In fact it all feels like a gigantic self-wish fulfilment ploy with this MC because in a lot of ways he eerily reminds me of Tatsuya from Mahouka as a boring invincible hero who has all the answers except add an otaku quirk to him. To start with, how the students kiss his ass here is entirely unconvincing in every way and what makes it worse is, he's not even really doing it for them in the first place. He's just doing it out of boredom or whatever bullshit reason which makes him very hard to get behind and he's completely glorified. It's very lopsided to say the least and unlike GTO where you kind of got a sense that there was some take away from both sides of the coin, I feel like there's none of that here.

Epitome of dull and lame to put it bluntly with very bad pacing.

Was so excited for this one, seeing as I love the manga....

What a total waste.

And to add injury to insult, they don't even follow the manga correctly and leave an (in my eyes) important character out of episode 2....

Episode 3

For better or worse, it was better than the prior 2 episodes at least in animation and scenes.

Still the animation often goes into ''kwoality''
11149797_625652657536103_8003890221484758784_o.png

Nice lobsided car you have there.

Never thought I rate a show this early. Anyway you look at it, this show is completely horrendous.

Last edited:
Episode 3

I still like this, although I feel like the art in this episode has declined prior to the first two.

Everything he says is gold to me.
"I'd rather lock myself in the house than work." I feel your pain sir. :crying:

I don't care much for this episode, the best part so far has been when they caught him in a bug-catching net.

Now we can get back to the good parts of him spouting otaku expositions. :megusta:

Episode 4

''Kwoality'' again. I swear the animators can't save a shit to give. Nice budget. Voice acting was all over the place again with most of it below average. The story was painful as was the obvious conclusion.

EP3:
Anime with HanaKana references always gets me but... Rena should finally fix her dubbing voice...

This thread has been pretty dead...
Up until this point i'm not sure how I feel about this series. I certainly loved it at Episode 1, but since then my thoughts about it have declined. I have seen things that say the manga is better, and I have read the first chapter, but it doesn't seem to stand out anymore than the anime has. Either way, it's on my list.

Episode 8

The first scene, about ero-manga is a good example. This series has good moments, but that's about it. Overall, the series seems better in theory than it is in actuality. A lot of it is just hit or miss, I wonder if the manga has a consistent plot?...

Them spying on the student council president was great stuff though.

Ugh, but the ending kinda ruined it all. Yeesh...

Still watching...
Episode 9
Ahh, the supposedly
trap episode. I only know this because of my weekly research of, things. Also, being baffled baka tagged the manga with a gb tag. Such disarray when I found out there was a trap in this anime and albeit the only anime I know so far that has one. You can't tell but I'm crying on the outside... Normally, I'd be at least a bit happy to see what they'll do with it but with the lousy ass animation and annoying characters, I'm not expecting much.

Last edited:
Still watching...
Episode 9

Well... at this point, i'm not going to drop it with 3-4 episodes left.... :pokerface:

Episode 9

There was a definite drop in quality in the first section of this episode.... which is disappointing, because they tried to utilizing gaming, which I am usually biased for.

I know that this series isn't based specifically around one game or anime and that the main character is an all-around Otaku but to say that beating the "Ancient Dragon"... one, single dragon was the hardest quest in the game? I call BS.

It's cute how this series is trying to make past events relevant when there is really no overarching plot to connect everything... the more I watch this, the less I seem to care. I'm really disappointed too... I was so hyped after Episode 1.

I wish Kagami's armor wasn't so stupid looking.... and I wish he didn't dual wield. I feel like they are just like, "What's the most recent MMORPG Anime? Sword Art Online? Kirito? He dual wields, let's make Kagami dual wield."

...Dat plot twist... "I thought my class, conveniently had 33 students."
"One of them skips school."
Also, I like how, I guess, level won't matter in this full-scale battle event? Since everyone started playing today? So assumed level 1? And they basically just sparred with Kagami, so no real experience...... >_>

Damn you show... why? I just, I really wanted to like you..

Okay, so... no. Like, they need 35 players, this plot twist basically ensures they can only have 34... so this entire setup was for nothing.

God damn you show.

Back