Hi no Tori

chii

[sadht=Phoenix]Hi no Tori[/sadht][sadhl=719]hi-no-tori[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

Last edited by a moderator:
The last ep was pretty messed up. Kind of depressing all those hundreds of millions of years alone.

Heh I just decided to randomly watch this today and I was pleasantly surprised by how good it was. It's a bit like Kino's Journey but faster paced. The faster pacing means that it doesn't have quite as much depth and richness as Kino but it's still able to get it's view point across. All the stories are centered around the search for immortality but that's just a framing device to explore various questions about life and death as well as looking at their meaning.

I like how the various setting which can swing from fantasy to more historical to scifi. It gives a varied feeling to the stories. I also like how it recycles the character Saruta because it's interesting to see the similarities and differences in each incarnation of the character. Each time the character is brought back in a new setting there are always neat little call backs and references to his previous stories giving these otherwise disconnected stories a little something more to bind them together.

Anyway it was a nice little series to pick up on a whim. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for something a little like Kino's Journey but not quite as dense. Although I will say I had trouble getting used to the odd art style but after the initial episode it didn't bother me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back